TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at TW's for sale again and noticed this addition on the muffler of this bike. Anybody have an idea on what it is and how good or bad it works? E-mailed the owner but no response.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
Pretty strange. It looks like it would snap off the OEM muffler tip on the first good pothole! :eek:

·
Registered
341 Posts
Who cares, it's beautifully color coordinated! My guess is its an aftermarket can for a pit bike or little run about that the picture composer thought would look funny just slid into place and make future viewers say, WTF mate?

·
Registered
682 Posts
A bad idea is what that is!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Oh yeah, I think the manufacture name of that muffler add on is called...…"Short lived" lol ;)

·
Registered
357 Posts
Maybe its a secondary muffler with a hose attachment. That way he can start and warm up the Dub while keeping it quiet and not filling up the garage with exhaust.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Just slip it over the TW muffler and snug it with a stainless thumb-screw-thingy hoseclamp, so it doesn't fall off. Then remove once warmed up.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Looks like he put a "mounting strap" from the rear rack to close to the middle of the little stinger, otherwise it would not live long hanging out the back like it is. And no, I don't know what it is, or why it would be added to the quiet TW.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tee Double U was right. Guy finally got back to me and that's exactly what it is, off Amazon. Says it doesn't help much.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts