TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
20,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bears seem to like Rainer:p

bear drunk.jpg
BAKER LAKE, Wash. – When state Fish and Wildlife agents recently found a black bear passed out on the lawn of Baker Lake Resort, there were some clues scattered nearby – dozens of empty cans of Rainier Beer.
The bear apparently got into campers’ coolers and used his claws and teeth to puncture the cans. And not just any cans.
“He drank the Rainier and wouldn’t drink the Busch beer,” said Lisa Broxson, bookkeeper at the campground and cabins resort east of Mount Baker.
Fish and Wildlife enforcement Sgt. Bill Heinck said the bear did try one can of Busch, but ignored the rest. The beast then consumed about 36 cans of Rainier.
A wildlife agent tried to chase the bear from the campground but the animal just climbed a tree to sleep it off for another four hours. Agents finally herded the bear away, but it returned the next morning.
Agents then used a large, humane trap to capture it for relocation, baiting the trap with the usual: doughnuts, honey and, in this case, two open cans of Rainier.
That did the trick.
“This is a new one on me,” Heinck said. “I’ve known them to get into cans, but nothing like this. And it definitely had a preference.”

·
Registered
13,806 Posts
Bears seem to like Rainer:p

View attachment 196972
BAKER LAKE, Wash. – When state Fish and Wildlife agents recently found a black bear passed out on the lawn of Baker Lake Resort, there were some clues scattered nearby – dozens of empty cans of Rainier Beer.
The bear apparently got into campers’ coolers and used his claws and teeth to puncture the cans. And not just any cans.
“He drank the Rainier and wouldn’t drink the Busch beer,” said Lisa Broxson, bookkeeper at the campground and cabins resort east of Mount Baker.
Fish and Wildlife enforcement Sgt. Bill Heinck said the bear did try one can of Busch, but ignored the rest. The beast then consumed about 36 cans of Rainier.
A wildlife agent tried to chase the bear from the campground but the animal just climbed a tree to sleep it off for another four hours. Agents finally herded the bear away, but it returned the next morning.
Agents then used a large, humane trap to capture it for relocation, baiting the trap with the usual: doughnuts, honey and, in this case, two open cans of Rainier.
That did the trick.
“This is a new one on me,” Heinck said. “I’ve known them to get into cans, but nothing like this. And it definitely had a preference.”
I can imagine this bear just before passing out was singing, "In Heaven there is no beer, that's why we drink it here..."
Plumb should petition the state to change the name to "Black Bear Beer Lake" or "Drunken Black Bear Lake" or "Beer Lake". :p

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Almost any beer Wally World has on sale, and there is no bears around. that's only while on holidays in the USA. at home it's a nice cafe stout

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Summer Miller Lite....Fall Great Lakes Oktoberfest...Winter 12 Dogs Christmas Ale....any other time Great Lakes Eliot Ness Amber Ale...

Always with a good hand rolled quality Cigar of course... Twelve Dogs.jpg Eliot Ness Brew.png Miller Lite.jpg Cigars 001.jpg

Reactions: Mel

·
Registered
38 Posts
That shit's fucking hilarious.
As for me I'm not a fan of wheat beer (damn I almost spelled bear) but a brewery around here makes a classic "Transmission Fluid" with beet and ginger and is one of my favorites. They just started canning them so I'm stoked about that. Other than that I'll enjoy some stouts, porters, lagers, Czech pilsners, Belgian ales, IPAs.

We homebrewed some honey porter last year (top: fermenting, bottom left: bottled).
2C0C007E-E86E-43DC-8088-F9E27AB2179A.jpeg

·
Registered
329 Posts
That shit's fucking hilarious.
As for me I'm not a fan of wheat beer (damn I almost spelled bear) but a brewery around here makes a classic "Transmission Fluid" with beet and ginger and is one of my favorites. They just started canning them so I'm stoked about that. Other than that I'll enjoy some stouts, porters, lagers, Czech pilsners, Belgian ales, IPAs.

We homebrewed some honey porter last year (top: fermenting, bottom left: bottled).

soap.jpg

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Six Point Resin when I can find it. Bells Double Two Hearted is out today. Hope I can fins some.
Bells has some decent brews....I partake in those as well....so many good beers, so little time to stay drunk...:tickled_pink:

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Grain Belt Nordeast here....
Late Buddy of mine used to bring Grain Belt Regular back to Ohio when visiting his homestead in North Dakota....back in the day, if it had alcohol in it, and was cold beer, I could drink it...:laughing8:

·
Registered
302 Posts
My favorite is FREE beer. Usually not picky at that point.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Coors

·
Registered
98 Posts
Lake Louie Warped Speed Scotch Ale is the house beer at my place. It's a bit on the heavy side, but I ain't drinking for my health.

LLB_metal_sign_alt.jpg

1 - 20 of 81 Posts