TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine: Marvel Mystery Oil- helps keep carbs clean and helps with ethanol gas.
Valvoline engine oil, Vaseline- keeps battery terminals from corroding, keeps gas cap from sticking, PJ1 chain lube for street use. JB Weld for stripped fastener repair, non-critical case of other repairs. Lucas heavy duty oil stabilizer- some may not recommend this but I have used about 1-2 ounces when clutches began slipping and this prevented slippage. Scorpian AGM battery. IMS shift lever.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
My NOW favorite snake oil to remove frozen bolts. Thanks to Smitty Blackstone. 50% Transmission fluid 50% Acetone Its my go to juice and I might as well throw out everything else because I don't use it.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
This may not be applicable in the TW world, but I tout copper based anti-seize to reduce thread corrosion on battery negative ground connections to motor/transmission.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Seafoam (for gas powered stuff)
Stanadyne Diesel additive (can't prove it DOESN'T work...Snake oil...So I keep using it )
Same for Diesel-Kleen.
AeroKroil (for rusty bolts and such). It has never failed yet. It just takes a little while to do its thing.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Red lok tite. It keeps things together that should not have been joined in the first place..and there is little you can do about it afterwards.
You can easily remove parts held with the "Semi-Permanent" Red. Heat the parts over until the thread lock boils. Disassemble parts carefully..

I do it all year to red and Green locked components. Green is used for retaining pins with very close fits. Once dry, it's almost as good as silver braze, but it can be undone with heat.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
I've been using that so long that I don't consider it special. LOL!

All of the above mentioned things are way cool.

Would like to add Mapp gas (or Oxy-Acetlyne) torch and candles.

My NOW favorite snake oil to remove frozen bolts. Thanks to Smitty Blackstone. 50% Transmission fluid 50% Acetone Its my go to juice and I might as well throw out everything else because I don't use it.

·
Registered
13,413 Posts
It's so hard to pick just one favorite out of the bunch!

Favorite Product...Hammers

Next favorite Product...ATV Rear Tire for those off-road moments.

and the next next favorite Product...Homemade extended footpegs.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Nyloc nuts - Love them!
Nuts / bolts with patch lock
Loctite using Loctite primer / activator (look up Loctite primer, it us a MUST when using Loctite on any coated fasteners)
JB-80, JB Chain Lube
Non-Chlorinated brake cleaner - use it for every cleaning need (even firearms), cheaper than carb cleaner and gun scrubber / cleaner.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts