TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to find some wheels (front and rear) for my 2013 TW200 since I want to try ice racing this winter and don't want to screw around with swapping tires all the time. Are there any rules of thumb to help figure out what model years have compatible wheels? Are all rear wheels interchangeable from any year? Are all front wheels that have disc brakes compatible with each other? Are all front wheels with drum brakes compatible with each other?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
reimannk;958450Are all rear wheels interchangeable from any year? Are all front wheels that have disc brakes compatible with each other? Are all front wheels with drum brakes compatible with each other? Thanks![/QUOTE said:
Yes. I believe so

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I believe there are two different front drum brake shoe sizes, not sure what year they switched, but for your 2013 any year 2001+ and you’re good. I believe rear rims have not changed size but they switched to black rims in 2003.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
These are not mine, but I thought I would pass on the info in case you might be interested.

p.s. Welcome to the forum!

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mpo/d/tw200-wheel-set/6676521707.html

Posted 2 days ago

favorite this post Tw200 wheel set - $550 (brentwood / oakley)

for sale 2016 wheels set for tw200, was planning to use for another project but ended up parting out

Located in Brentwood

$550 for set front and rear - virtually brand new,
tires are still new as well

·
Registered
8,368 Posts
These are not mine, but I thought I would pass on the info in case you might be interested.

p.s. Welcome to the forum!

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mpo/d/tw200-wheel-set/6676521707.html

Posted 2 days ago

favorite this post Tw200 wheel set - $550 (brentwood / oakley)

for sale 2016 wheels set for tw200, was planning to use for another project but ended up parting out

Located in Brentwood

$550 for set front and rear - virtually brand new,
tires are still new as well
Good find Brian. This member PMed me about the wheels interchange and I was well up on the fronts between drum and disc but not so much regarding the rear. Are all the rear wheels the same and interchangeable from 1987-2018? My lack of knowledge is based on the possibility that Yamaha could have changed something in the lines of bearing size and/or the axle. I am just not sure on this one.

GaryL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts