1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Great pictures, thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
8,356 Posts
I belonged to a hunting club here in the NY Catskill mountains that had just under 3,000 acres. Lots of old logging and stage coach roads all through it. These trails are all magnets for spring time thaw waters and turn in to raging rivers at times. Not quite as severe as your roads but it sure can change a lot in just a few days around here. In the past 8 years we had two hurricanes blow through here, Irene and Sandy and a wild early spring heavy snow storm that dumped a couple feet on top of what was already there followed by three days of warm rain. Some of our main roads had complete wash outs that left bridges gone and 40 foot deep craters behind. Scenery sure can change a lot real fast around here and the guys in my hunting club have learned to carry a chain saw with them every time we have a storm.

GaryL

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
pretty country we share! that's a really big action packer on the back, you must notice it in wind.

thanks for sharing

·
Registered
13,403 Posts
I've been on that road near the washout. Few miles past Twin Springs Resort right? I've not ridden my TW to Atlanta, but have been up as far as the road which crosses over to Barber Flat. Though it will cost a bunch of money to repair it, I suspect they will get it repaired fairly soon since it's the winter route for Atlanta residents. If it was a less important road, it would most likely be a long time for repairs, if ever!

Other than riding past Lucky Peak and Arrow Rock when the reservoirs were low, I can't remember seeing or being in the spots you took your photo's. Very interesting and pretty. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts