TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YOU CAN TELL THEM...

I Ride the Yamaha: "ULTRA-DUAL SPORT" - Sounds cool doesn't it! That's because it IS cool!:cool:

Ultra-DUAL.JPG

·
Super Moderator
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The only thing I might take issue with in the ad is "the comfortable" part. :laughing7: (If I could only make one mod and nothing else, it would be the seat an easy fix at that..)

·
Super Moderator
4,887 Posts
This is my Tdub. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My Tdub is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

Without me, my Tdub is useless. Without my Tdub, I am useless. I must ride my Tdub true. I must ride straighter than KTM riders who are trying to kill themselves. I must stay on my Tdub while he falls off his KTM. He will ….

My Tdub and I know that what counts on a ride is not the miles we do, the noise of our bike, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the destination that counts. We will arrive ….

My Tdub is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its farkles, its handling and its engine. I will keep my Tdub clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will ….

Before God I swear this creed. My Tdub and I are the defenders of the trail. We are the masters of the KTM riders. We are the saviours of a way of life.

So be it, until victory is ours and there are no KTM’s, only peace.

;)

·
Registered
319 Posts
That is one long Creed.

I'm really impressed.

·
Registered
425 Posts
This is my Tdub. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My Tdub is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

Without me, my Tdub is useless. Without my Tdub, I am useless. I must ride my Tdub true. I must ride straighter than KTM riders who are trying to kill themselves. I must stay on my Tdub while he falls off his KTM. He will ….

My Tdub and I know that what counts on a ride is not the miles we do, the noise of our bike, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the destination that counts. We will arrive ….

My Tdub is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its farkles, its handling and its engine. I will keep my Tdub clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will ….

Before God I swear this creed. My Tdub and I are the defenders of the trail. We are the masters of the KTM riders. We are the saviours of a way of life.

So be it, until victory is ours and there are no KTM’s, only peace.

;)
That is beautiful. But there will always be KTM's and KTM riders because there will always be genetic flaws

·
Registered
183 Posts
Cool! A variation on the rifleman's Creed.

This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
Without me, my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...
My rifle and I know that what counts in war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit...
My rifle is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel. I will keep my rifle clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...
Before God, I swear this creed. My rifle and I are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.
So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but peace!
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
Without me, my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...
My rifle and I know that what counts in war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit...
My rifle is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel. I will keep my rifle clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...
Before God, I swear this creed. My rifle and I are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.
So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but peace!

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
After a hundred plus mile ride over Ebbets Pass to the Pacific side and back yesterday I felt I deserved something better than my camp cooking so proceeded to the little town of Markleeville for a meal. Well, everything was closed except the bar and their chef had just quit . So hungry I turned and left. A patron followed me out and proceeded to sing praises on my bike the likes he had never seen before. "TW200" I says. From my mud bespectacled appearance he allowed my bike was likely being used the way a real dual sport should be, and he wished his DRZ400 sat lower, ran better, and had a bigger gas tank.;)

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
... A patron followed me out and proceeded to sing praises on my bike the likes he had never seen before. "TW200" I says. ... and he wished his DRZ400 sat lower, ran better, and had a bigger gas tank.;)
And he DIDN'T invite you back to his camp for a steak dinner? Whatta wimp! :mad: :p

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
He had a few beers under his belt and seemed ready to trade bikes. Not wanting a funky-carb DRZ I beat feet back to camp aboard Betty Boop and cooked up some chicken and noodles on Betty's hydraulic lift.

I had a nice clean primitive camp perched 50 ft. above the roar and turmoil of the Carson River at flood stage. Did some nice moonlit riding afterwards but it was a little too cold.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Fred, I always liked the idea behind that hydraulic lift, but how do you get the bike over the lift part? Can't drive it up like a regular ramp. Do you back the truck up to the bike? Or just lift and wedge it over the stand?

·
Super Moderator
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Fred may be able to give a much more eloquent answer.
But by far TWighlights are far more colorful!

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
Lift platform lowers almost to the ground below level of skid plate. As such I can approach with Betty on a diagonal getting bike centered over lift then turn parallel to bumper at the last second. Done properly there is no wrestling involved but usually a little finessing is required to align foot pegs with some clamps that secure bike to lift (I added Teflon sliders to the lift platform to make fine tuning the bike's location much easier as the naked aluminum skid plate really grated against bare steel ). Then about 15 pumps on the hydraulic jack lifts platform and bike skyward. Once aloft it makes spinning the tires and adjusting the chain in the field rather easy.
Colorless description, need help from NAACP.:p

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
"ULTRA-DUAL SPORT"

How do you say that with a straight face?
Oh, I have a full-face helmet...never mind.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts