1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Well congratulations on 6000 posts. I must have been too young to remember those but I have fond memories of pouring over the Bass Pro Shops catalog's.

Tom

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Ok, while PeterB was chasing his right hand around his bedroom (very presumptuous to assume you are right handed, just playing the odds) and Phelonious had moved on to more advanced searches (no internet at the time), I was looking for Tonka's and GI Joe's! Maybe a Fanner 50!

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
60 years ago on Christmas 1955...{South} Venice, Florida....back when life was simple and yea, we were as well....the folks woke us up and we{at least I} was ready to stay in Bed...:D

Hoot{the smiling one} sister Marty, and older brother Mike....

Christmas 1955 2.jpg Christmas of 1955 1.jpg

·
Registered
4,473 Posts

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
The fanner fifty, a legendary cap gun in the mid fifties. But my favorite was a revolver that you loaded by break open action, much like early revolvers, and placed a paper cap disc
on the back of the cylinder, then closed the action and could fire either double or single action. It only fired 6 times per reload but was much louder and did not missfire like the roll cap guns.
In third grade my gun was the envy of all in my neighborhood. You could even fan it with practice but I seldom did that. Oh, and it wouldn't put your eye out so it had parental approval.
It looked a lot like this one.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, while PeterB was chasing his right hand around his bedroom (very presumptuous to assume you are right handed, just playing the odds) and Phelonious had moved on to more advanced searches (no internet at the time), I was looking for Tonka's and GI Joe's! Maybe a Fanner 50!
Am I the only over 50 person that still buys the G.I. Joes when they release the 12" models? Sheeze.

G.I. JOE Rapid Strike Commando Figure (12 Inch) | Toys for Boys | G.I. Joe

G.I. JOE Navy Special Ops Figure (12 Inch) | Toys for Boys | G.I. Joe

G.I. JOE First Responder Firefighter (12 Inch) | Toys for Boys | G.I. Joe

I line em up on my fly tying bench to keep me company. :D

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Am I the only over 50 person that still buys the G.I. Joes when they release the 12" models? Sheeze.

G.I. JOE Rapid Strike Commando Figure (12 Inch) | Toys for Boys | G.I. Joe

G.I. JOE Navy Special Ops Figure (12 Inch) | Toys for Boys | G.I. Joe

G.I. JOE First Responder Firefighter (12 Inch) | Toys for Boys | G.I. Joe

I line em up on my fly tying bench to keep me company. :D
The American military complex will be alive and well with our future generations! Maybe buy some extras and hand them out to children at the local "Mathnasium" or "build-a-bear" stores.:)

Tom

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
My Fanner 50 was from the very late 60's. I was also had my treasured Wasp that looked just like my Dad's Detective Special.

The fanner fifty, a legendary cap gun in the mid fifties. But my favorite was a revolver that you loaded by break open action, much like early revolvers, and placed a paper cap disc
on the back of the cylinder, then closed the action and could fire either double or single action. It only fired 6 times per reload but was much louder and did not missfire like the roll cap guns.
In third grade my gun was the envy of all in my neighborhood. You could even fan it with practice but I seldom did that. Oh, and it wouldn't put your eye out so it had parental approval.
It looked a lot like this one.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And of course I'm sure some of you never-grown-up-boys are fully aware of the fact that you can still buy a genuine made in USA Maverick cap gun as well as others. I confess I happen to have another Maverick incoming as a small Christmas gift to myself, I having been such a good boy and all....:D The Ice Blue model.

And at the risk of starting something like I did back when I posted my new Daisy model 25...it's eat your heart out or spend your money time. toy cap guns pistols for sale USA made | Wild West Toys

1 - 20 of 25 Posts