TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for ya Hoot …

When you were out in Nam, (which I have the greatest of respect for incidentally), was “who was what” ever an issue ? – (other than the gooks of course)

And given that “the gooks” are no longer the gooks, (other than North Korea, most of which is “wear the uniform or become an enemy of the state”, and quite the opposite of the hippies you would have encountered in your time over there) – I find myself compelled to ask you the following question

Where do you stand on Global Warming ? ……

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Question for ya Hoot …

When you were out in Nam, (which I have the greatest of respect for incidentally), was “who was what” ever an issue ? – (other than the gooks of course)

And given that “the gooks” are no longer the gooks, (other than North Korea, most of which is “wear the uniform or become an enemy of the state”, and quite the opposite of the hippies you would have encountered in your time over there) – I find myself compelled to ask you the following question

Where do you stand on Global Warming ? ……
Quick note on "Who Was What"? You never really knew...now my view is from an Air Force Cop...but the guy at the base exchange, our Barber, ended up dead on the fence line one night...seems he was a VC {Viet Cong} who worked on the base...not sure why the dumb ass thought it was necessary to sneak in overnight? :rolleyes:

"Global Warming"? or Climate Change, whichever the left calls it....is happening, at least the Climate Change is....now as a Biology and Environmental Health Grad and retiree kind of guy..."Man Made Climate Change/Global Warming" is the biggest line of BS being foisted on us by the news media, the Elites, and scientists who make their living off grants and controlling the populace and our lives....it is as big a Hoax as we have seen throughout history...

Just my 2 Cents....don't kill the messenger or the right wing outlet that dares post the truth::laughing8:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/04/09/nolte-scientists-prove-man-made-global-warming-is-a-hoax/

·
Super Moderator
4,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To quote my betters - "Infamy, infamy - they've all got in in for me"

When I find out who separated this post of mine into an entirely separate thread, I will have my revenge (and I have a list of suspects) .....

As to the point in hand - the climate of this planet has always been a "swinging affair" - and I think we're right to be concerned about the way it's swinging at the moment. Whether or not mankind is responsible for the present swing is (at best) debatable, but what perhaps is not is what we leave behind for our children

As to the point of my original post, it was supposed to get you off the subject of “left wing — right wing” politics, and get you to start to think of the people standing alongside you when the going got tough

Sorry to hear of your “barber” — shit happens ……

·
Registered
333 Posts
Climate Change, at least here in the U.S., is a subject that for some reason is related to one's particular political slant. It should just be a matter of common sense. Every day we pump tons of filth and waste into the atmosphere and oceans as we destroy millions of acres of forest - our only source of oxygen! How can anyone think that has zero effect on our climate or even our very existence? I don't know if it's greed, religious beliefs, or fear, but something is preventing millions of people from facing some really basic facts and the reality that our life here is not guaranteed.

·
Super Moderator
4,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think it’s largely down to economics — short term economics that is. China burns coal to gain a short term economic boost — America burns coal because it provides for “personal political” boost

As long as the two major players in this game do so for either their countries benefit, or for their own, the planet can go to hell for all they are concerned

What Trump is basically saying, is “Vote for me, or see your coal industry shut down” — cheap shot at the vote market, and everything else is “fake news”. He should have met Thatcher and grown a pair

China, on the other hand, plays the long game, increasing its economy by government subsidies (shutting down the UK steel industry in the process), and polluting its rivers beyond belief, not to mention the air. Have you ever wondered why almost all electronic equipment has “made in China” on the back ?

This is simply because China is willing to pollute its environment in order to gain the economic advantage. Apple, Tesla, Sony et al, all farm out production of parts to China, simply because it’s cheaper to do so, rather than pay for “pollution tax” in their own countries. Simple economics at the end of the day, and as long as “economics” makes the rules in China, the planet can go to hell

Japan used to host most of this stuff, until a total ban of fishing was imposed within a twelve mile limit of its coast line due to “heavy metal content” — so they simply farmed it out to China. China needed the money to increase its “world position” with regards to economy, so figured “Hey, we’ll beat these guys at their own game for the next thirty years, screw pollution, we’ll clean that up later” — which to a large extent, China is now starting to do

It’s like living in some kind of “board game” — where politicians, companies, and entire countries vie for “advantage”. The UK is heading to be “carbon free” by 2050, America is saying it’s a whole lot of BS, while China is quietly laughing as it takes over as a world economy

The planet ? — is just a sacrificial pawn to man’s machinations. I won’t be around to see it, nor will my kids (I don’t have any) — yet I despair of the ignorance or those who do

Global warming vs global pollution — it’s going to be a close race …..

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Pollution Bad....Climate Change Normal

People Need to Realize that Climate Change/Global Warming and "Man Made Pollution" and not necessarily the same....:rolleyes: I am an Environmentalist I am NOT a Climate Change Alarmist...

And Purple I agree, just who the Hell changed this from one "Quote Thread" to a political one...?

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
I did. It deserves it's own thread. ;)
Pollution Bad....Climate Change Normal

People Need to Realize that Climate Change/Global Warming and "Man Made Pollution" and not necessarily the same....:rolleyes: I am an Environmentalist I am NOT a Climate Change Alarmist...

And Purple I agree, just who the Hell changed this from one "Quote Thread" to a political one...?

·
Super Moderator
4,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If the originator of this now infamous "post hijacking" doesn't fess up - I shall demand a doughnut ban forthwith ...

(Edit - thought so - shit stirring again) .....:)

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Trees in the USA Today as compared to a century ago Story is 8 years old...yes there are more trees today...and yes there is less forested land {i.e. Old Forest} …

https://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/wilderness-resources/stories/more-trees-than-there-were-100-years-ago-its-true

Despite the damage that man made to the USA since the Industrial Revolution Began, the USA has made major steps in curbing man made pollution...not much we can do about Nature's destructive forces despite what Nitwits like AOC and Cory Booger tell the ignorant masses...

Once Again....for fear of repeating myself:

I am an Environmentalist, but I'm not a Climate Change Alarmist...

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
If the originator of this now infamous "post hijacking" doesn't fess up - I shall demand a doughnut ban forthwith ...
I'm with you Purple....this is how the Old Political Ban Shit got started a few years back, and why so many great members, like Borneo, and others quit or got the boot....they got sick of the BS...we used to be able to have conversations on these subjects without the political *Mud" Slinging....:clock: O' Hell since LT fessed up, I bow to his superior wisdom...:tickled_pink:

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Damn I've been gone to long...Purple is only 19 posts, 4342-4323 behind me..."Never look back, someone may be gaining on you"---Another great quote by the fantastic Sach Paige...:cool:

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Microwave transmissions.....think about it. Microwaves speed up liquids on a particle level and we beam them from satellites to towers etc. Microwaving the atmosphere..... if you think it's bad now wait till 5G technology increases the signal strength far beyond dangerous levels.

And it is being or may have now been written into law that they cannot legally be stopped without huge financial penalties to the government regardless of any potential known harmful side effects.

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Oh Damn it, I hate the thought of even getting involved in this discussion because no matter what I say someone will get pissy.
Global Warming/Climate Change is as real as rain itself and has been going on since long before humans ever walked upon this earth. The context behind those two terms today, Global Warming/Climate Change, are nothing short of a scam money grab by the big elites. If these Jackwagons could they would be selling us clouds and charging big bucks to have them towed to where ever rain was needed. As I have said many times before here we could throw trillions upon trillions of dollars at reducing global climate change by a tiny fraction and have just one major volcano fart and wipe out every dime we spent. I don't care what they do or how much money they toss at it they just can't F%$& with Mother Nature. We live in an ever changing world on a single planet with a very diverse set of weather patterns and there is not a thing we can do to control any of this.

Global Pollution on the other hand is something we can and should be doing way more to control. Chemicals in one way or another all end up in our food, air and water supplies. There is a pill for just about everything and more pills being developed every day and every river in this and most other countries are loaded with chemicals and antibiotics. Fertilize the fields to grow more food to feed an ever increasing World population and it all ends up polluting our planet. We all want to eat and we all want electricity and transportation and we all want our comforts and gadgets yet so many of us jump on the bandwagon of banning what we all want. Coal and other fossil fuels produce the electricity and wind and solar simply cannot yet replace either of these fossil fuels we have come to rely upon. You do know of course it takes massive amounts of fossil fuels to get the raw materials out of the earth and to the plants to produce the materials that solar and wind generating products are made with. Without coal and fossil fuels producing the electricity we would all be living in huts and burning wood to stay warm and producing hundreds of times more air pollution. Science is a wonderful thing laced with lies and hidden truths they simply do not want us to know. We could certainly learn 20 or 40 years from today that the cancers we all suffer from were caused by the crap in the water we drink and grow our crops with. All the fishes in all the oceans, lakes and streams that we eat are all polluted from the crap in these waters and they have nowhere to hide.
I will not give up my SUV or my combustion engines and I refuse to live in a cold or hot home without electricity, heat and air conditioning. I refuse to wipe my ass without toilet paper or to cook my food over camel shit. Technology in energy production has a very long way to go before we could ever end the use of fossil fuels and those who scream the loudest about it are hypocrites who refuse to give up their own comforts and gadgets just the same as I do.
The only fix I can possibly see in the immediate future is to reduce the world population by about 75% in one quick catastrophe weather it be a massive flood, massive volcanic eruptions that cover the earth with sun blocking ash and throws us into an near instant and deep ice age or a nuclear war of the worlds that destroys almost all of the major worlds infrastructures. The day we are born is the day we each begin to die. Some of us make it to 100 years or more while most are dead before 75 so my plan is to make the most of the time I have and enjoy the comforts my labors have provided. I can't concern myself with the things I have absolutely no control over and climate is at the top of that list. It was 80 and sunny here yesterday and cold and raining today. Tomorrow a tornado could come and blow me away or I could go to bed tonight and not wake up in the morning. Some folks just don't get this life thing and never will until it's over. Don't worry, be happy and live every day like it is your last. I just buried a childhood buddy who was the epitome of health. Never drank or smoked or did any drugs and always ate the best of diets and was a real nut about exercising. He was out in Colorado and on a ski trip with friends and walking back to the cabin after a nice dinner and day of skiing he felt a slight pain and was dead before he hit the ground at 62.
I sure hope someone here has some answers to all this Global Warming/Climate Change/ Air and water and ground pollution that is prevalent all around us but I know better and would really just rather have a beer with Hoot and smoke a big fat cigar while sipping a nice tequila and not giving a shit about any of it.

GaryL

1 - 20 of 91 Posts