TW200 Forum banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Yup! According to some of these Climate Change nit wits NY City should be under water already and both polar ice caps should have melted years ago. That really is an excellent point Apolloha, whoever made this prediction won't be here 80 years from today and neither will most who read it. The quadrillions of dollars tossed at fixing this problem is what keeps these so called Scientists posting such outlandish predictions.

GaryL
If NY City, LA, San Fran, Portland, and Seattle, were under water, would anybody{except those living there} really care? :cool::binkybaby:

·
Registered
642 Posts
I remember as a child in the sixties running for a school bus most winter mournings with frost covering everything. Colder then a well diggers ass! Wouldn't wear a coat because my friends didn't. I think this is were the term "cool kids" came from. The scientists were exclaiming the coming of another ice age. The experts had evidence to back it up. Time to change from converse to mukluks. Then along comes Al Gore. Al got red assed because nobody voted for him. He was looking for employment, so he started "global warming". He should have started "stay out of this country"! But, we get what we got. Ha. Dirts a Flyen SanDue :rolleyes::D

·
Super Moderator
17,625 Posts
Softy. They don't make kids like they used to. Back in my day, we had to walk to school uphill both ways. Snow, Sleet, Rain or Blizzard...

What's a bus?

:playful:
I remember as a child in the sixties running for a school bus most winter mournings with frost covering everything. Colder then a well diggers ass! Wouldn't wear a coat because my friends didn't. I think this is were the term "cool kids" came from. The scientists were exclaiming the coming of another ice age. The experts had evidence to back it up. Time to change from converse to mukluks. Then along comes Al Gore. Al got red assed because nobody voted for him. He was looking for employment, so he started "global warming". He should have started "stay out of this country"! But, we get what we got. Ha. Dirts a Flyen SanDue :rolleyes::D

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Al Gore was looking for "Employment" after he got iced from office so he jumps on the Global Warming bandwagon and this was right after he invented the WWW internet. Sadly, he rides around our world jumping from one of his mansions to another in a privately owned jet while telling the rest of us our SUVs are the problem. My point in this entire conversation is to tell people such as Al to just go F%$# themselves and drift off into the sunset with all their garbage and baggage.
I was just down at my favorite swimming hole and took a plastic bag with me. Not for any other reason but to pick up the trash after those who didn't bring their mothers with them. Pollution is the real threat we have that will come onto us way faster than any climate change BS. We have lakes and rivers here that are growing all sorts of strange stuff because of the chemicals we have that end up in them. I am not nearly as worried about the mean temperature as I am about what I ingest from the foods I consume and what they ate. I am also getting the distinct impression that many of these Progressive left leaning democrats pushing all this climate change garbage grew up in homes where way too many lead based paint chips might have been consumed by them. Lead seems to be pretty cool as long as it is in your pencil and you have someone to write to but I get no thrills at all from all this climate/global warming garbage and we will all be long gone before any of it has a real measurable negative effect if the so called "Scientists" could just be honest. Wrap your heads around some facts. Scientists get paid for discoveries and inventions but those discoveries and inventions are funded by the grants they can elicit from we the IDIOTS who are so gullible as to believe the manure they try to feed us. For those here still not sharp enough to grasp this premise I do still have 3 acres of Ocean front property for sale in AZ.

GaryL

·
Super Moderator
4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
“Once upon a time”, the Sahara desert was a forest, where the water in the lakes came up to where the sand dunes are today. A few places in that “great country of Trumps America” (slight exaggeration there) show similar evidence of the ebb and flow of the water

Part of it is down to tectonic shifts in elevation, some of it due to climatic changes long before we ever came along and invented steam. What’s changed is our “awareness”, the human invention of the “doomsday clock” – and ironically, the acceptance of our own part in accelerating this. But there are other factors in this acceleration, factors that that we have absolutely no control over. We can slow it down, but not perhaps “prevent” it

A couple of half decent volcanic farts, and we’ll soon be blaming Iceland (or Yosemite), or even somewhere in the Pacific – trying to predict nature is “complicated”. We have to learn to move with nature, rather than try to change it, challenge it, or support an unsustainable population that finds itself in the wrong place at the wrong time. The amount of money we spend (these days) on the “victims” of drought and famine, where “nature” has simply moved on, is ridiculous. If the land can no longer support the population, move the population. This has been going on for thousands if not millions of years, if you have no water, no food or crops, walk away or perish – no amount of “aid” is going to change the land on which you live – the planet simply doesn’t work like that

And if you think that I’m being “unfair” by saying this stuff – consider this. Look at what happened to the Dinosaurs. Do you honestly think that if they could have got “lawyered up”, voted Democrat (or whatever), they would have fared any better? If they had of owned guns, had TW200’s and bunkers, they’d still have ended up as Seagulls. The ability to adapt and to move is the means to survive – and if you’ve ever looked deep into the eyes of a Raptor, you’ll understand that only the scale and the feathers have changed

We can slow it down, but we can’t stop it – and the moment something somewhere goes “pop”, we’ll be looking at whole ‘nother level of grief

Man-made pollution is far more serious, simply because we’re only just realising what we have been doing for generations. Air pollution is the easy part, stop polluting and it goes away. Plastic pollution is different, chuck a plastic bottle in the water supply, and eventually (in about 30 years or so), it will break down into “micro plastic”. That’s fine, until you start find the “micro plastic” in your water supply, the food chain, and inside the wildlife you once lived alongside. But it’s not only in them, it’s in “you”

Levels of micro plastic have been increasing in rivers, reservoirs, all of which lead to the sea, which has the highest level of all. Catch a fish in the river or lake - micro plastic – catch anything in the sea, whether it a fish or a shrimp - micro plastic – the stuff is everywhere, the legacy of the last 30 years biting us in the arse

When entire populations are forced to move over the next 200 years due to climate change, wherever those future generations move to will be eating increasing amounts of plastic. You can grow feathers and fly away, but you’ll still be eating plastic. The Ocean is a big place, but if we keep chucking plastic into it, the end is inevitable

At least that’s one thing the Dinosaurs didn’t have to put up with, which is why we have Seagulls – for now …..

Personally, I don’t give a shit what you think about what I just said. No kids, 20 years and I’m out of here. I’ll be long gone before the “plastic gets me”. But if you do have kids, spare a thought for them

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recycling_rates_by_country

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have not seen as many decades as most have here. My earliest memories are from the early 80's in rural central NJ farmland. I can remember ALOT from pre-Al Gore. Back then they taught children in public schools things like "Reduce, Re-use, Re-Cycle." We had good 'ole Woodsy Owl telling us to "Give a Hoot! Don't pollute!" While Smokey the Bear told you in as many words required how to handle a fire like a man, not an inexperienced boy. I don't know what the hell happened - but now everyone cries about the future while spitting on the present. I see garbage EVERYWHERE! And yet I see fewer and fewer people picking any up. What is the ratio of wildfires that are lit by natural causes compared to the ones that are started by fools who shouldn't even be trusted lighting a charcoal grill - let alone a campfire on public land? The problem is a lack of respect in general, as the concept is now lost. "People" in general do not respect their Earth, their surroundings, their impact on other people, their families, their friends. NOTHING! Where do I stand on Global Warming? It is a sad truth but the world needs it. Too many people who care too much about themselves and couldn't give two shits about anyone else.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
“Once upon a time”, the Sahara desert was a forest, where the water in the lakes came up to where the sand dunes are today. A few places in that “great country of Trumps America” (slight exaggeration there) show similar evidence of the ebb and flow of the water

Part of it is down to tectonic shifts in elevation, some of it due to climatic changes long before we ever came along and invented steam. What’s changed is our “awareness”, the human invention of the “doomsday clock” – and ironically, the acceptance of our own part in accelerating this. But there are other factors in this acceleration, factors that that we have absolutely no control over. We can slow it down, but not perhaps “prevent” it

A couple of half decent volcanic farts, and we’ll soon be blaming Iceland (or Yosemite), or even somewhere in the Pacific – trying to predict nature is “complicated”. We have to learn to move with nature, rather than try to change it, challenge it, or support an unsustainable population that finds itself in the wrong place at the wrong time. The amount of money we spend (these days) on the “victims” of drought and famine, where “nature” has simply moved on, is ridiculous. If the land can no longer support the population, move the population. This has been going on for thousands if not millions of years, if you have no water, no food or crops, walk away or perish – no amount of “aid” is going to change the land on which you live – the planet simply doesn’t work like that

And if you think that I’m being “unfair” by saying this stuff – consider this. Look at what happened to the Dinosaurs. Do you honestly think that if they could have got “lawyered up”, voted Democrat (or whatever), they would have fared any better? If they had of owned guns, had TW200’s and bunkers, they’d still have ended up as Seagulls. The ability to adapt and to move is the means to survive – and if you’ve ever looked deep into the eyes of a Raptor, you’ll understand that only the scale and the feathers have changed

We can slow it down, but we can’t stop it – and the moment something somewhere goes “pop”, we’ll be looking at whole ‘nother level of grief

Man-made pollution is far more serious, simply because we’re only just realising what we have been doing for generations. Air pollution is the easy part, stop polluting and it goes away. Plastic pollution is different, chuck a plastic bottle in the water supply, and eventually (in about 30 years or so), it will break down into “micro plastic”. That’s fine, until you start find the “micro plastic” in your water supply, the food chain, and inside the wildlife you once lived alongside. But it’s not only in them, it’s in “you”

Levels of micro plastic have been increasing in rivers, reservoirs, all of which lead to the sea, which has the highest level of all. Catch a fish in the river or lake - micro plastic – catch anything in the sea, whether it a fish or a shrimp - micro plastic – the stuff is everywhere, the legacy of the last 30 years biting us in the arse

When entire populations are forced to move over the next 200 years due to climate change, wherever those future generations move to will be eating increasing amounts of plastic. You can grow feathers and fly away, but you’ll still be eating plastic. The Ocean is a big place, but if we keep chucking plastic into it, the end is inevitable

At least that’s one thing the Dinosaurs didn’t have to put up with, which is why we have Seagulls – for now …..

Personally, I don’t give a shit what you think about what I just said. No kids, 20 years and I’m out of here. I’ll be long gone before the “plastic gets me”. But if you do have kids, spare a thought for them

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recycling_rates_by_country
Just what I have been saying right along here. That glass of water you drink today could have been in the Amazon river last week. We have just one world that is surrounded by just one atmosphere and yes, we can do some things about pollution and global warming here in the US by sending the manufacturing over seas to China and India but the pollution produced in those countries is right above us here in the US. When we view the average temps over the many millions of years the one thing we all seem to overlook is the population of the world. Many thousands of years ago we did not have the billions of humans living and all wanting to thrive as we do today. We here in the US will never give up our cars, trucks and fossil fuels and we will not go back to burning wood to heat our homes and solar and wind power can't come close to supplying the needed electricity we demand for life. When man has completely fouled this planet we will cease to exist and the planet over time will repair itself if at all possible. Plastics and chemicals will be the downfall of mankind and nothing we can do will stop that as long as our world population continues to increase and every man and woman in it want to live as comfortable as they can. Ask yourself this. I live with my wife in a modest 1200 square foot comfortable home. Why in this world does any small family of 4 need a 6,000 square foot mansion? If every one of us were allocated the same number of carbon points as a single human and you could not purchase any more no matter how much money you had all those fat cats would be living in 1,000 square foot homes and doing all they could to conserve their carbon and stay warm up here in the northern zones and cool in the south. All the money in this world can't fix it and we are all here for just a very short time so enjoy it while you can.

GaryL

·
Registered
202 Posts
Reddave I am sorry to read about the litter and vandalism in Colorado....it is one of our most beautiful States.....

I am a frequent road traveler to Alaska from Washington State and it is obvious that Canadians in the Western Providences treasure and protect their public lands.....you know immediately you have entered Alaska where every single road sign has ben shot numerous times.....

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Good Points by all...as I have said here before....

I'm an Environmentalist, I am not a Freaking {Man Made} Climate Change/Global Warming Alarmist….

Protect the planet from trash {look at any leftist "protest" and see what remains on the ground after}...Protect the Forests, croplands, and Water, don't kill wildlife for no good reason, and stay the Hell out of my life....

·
Registered
642 Posts
Good Points by all...as I have said here before....

I'm an Environmentalist, I am not a Freaking {Man Made} Climate Change/Global Warming Alarmist….

Protect the planet from trash {look at any leftist "protest" and see what remains on the ground after}...Protect the Forests, croplands, and Water, don't kill wildlife for no good reason, and stay the Hell out of my life....

Being an environmentalist you should be more concerned about the actions of some of our TW members. There are members who continually assault the mountain trails of the west. No trail is safe from these throttle twisting determinists. Some members actually change their rear tire so they can "dig in" better. They lack Trail Sensetivity. It's my understanding upon any ride to a summit it is customary to pee on it. This ritual, no doubt started by the Nor Cal Nuts, is environmentally questionable. Don't get me started on water crossings. I've witnessed members charging through water crossings with no regards for the aquatic life. I once witnessed Joeband blast through a water crossing sending water high into the air and Joemama to his credit using his body as a human shield to block the water from leaving the creek. This is what it takes to be an environmentalist. Good on you Joemama. What did this environmental champion receive for his sacrifice? He got wet. Dirts a Flyen SanDue. :rolleyes::D

·
Registered
202 Posts
Speaking of protecting the environment .....it is not widely known..... but research has shown that under similar circumstances and use patterns …… motorcycles have less impact on wildlife than hikers.....in part because they move quickly through the area..... same with snowmobiles and snow snowshoeing...…

When the battery powered ORVs are in general use the anti motorized zealots will need to refine their arguments ……. full disclosure is that I hike more than I ride but enjoy both immensely …..

81 - 91 of 91 Posts