TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad dismounted another TW we purchased, a cafe race one
He removed this cable but forgot where to attach it, it is a TW125, also attached some carburetor photos so maybe you can identify the model
Note we already connected the one near starter motor and back of the front part of the chassi, so is not that one

Attachments

·
Registered
921 Posts
View attachment 166313

Looks like an electrical connector, to me. The "slip" connector must go there and the round "lug" end must connect to power. This is NOT a ground (earth) cable. Look for a power connector close to the carb. I hope my altered photos show up.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Power has to come from somewhere. The carb should be grounded via bolts, etc. However, I am just guessing, too. I have a USA TW200. No carb heater and no 125's here.

·
Super Moderator
5,166 Posts
Fishguy - that point on the carb was my first thought, but I'm not sure that spare wire has a spade end - curious as to why you think it's not an earth though

Peterb - the thought had crossed my mind, but jannaruto and his dad know what they're doing (kinda) - in the absence of a diagram for the 125 or any other experience of it for that matter, it has to be a "hands on" solution

(Edit)

The manual is here http://www.tw-parts.com/macbig2k1/doc/tw125-2002.pdf and predictably, about as much use as a chocolate tea cup

Following this link http://tw200forum.com/forum/technical-help/13922-whats-sensor-tw-125-carb.html – post #3 – takes you to this link - https://www.yamahamotorcyclespares.co.uk/genuineparts/9669/8/yamaha tw125 99-02/carburetor?uID=812856335 – and if you ignore the “security issue” (it’s safe), then parts 25 and 26 do indeed refer to the carb heater

Now, if the bullet end of that remaining cable matched up to the point on the carb comfortably, then at around 6 degrees temp, the sensor under the seat should send a signal to the carb heater, which makes that brass spade end either a positive or negative – depends if you can first prove that there is one other electrical connection to the carb, which would then make it a negative, provided the other wiring point is correct – but in any event, there should be something connected to that brass spade on the carb

Feeling lucky ?

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Check front mounting bolt of the regulator. Should be a cable just like that mounted via that bolt. Cheers

·
Super Moderator
5,166 Posts
On the other hand - many have completely chopped out the whole carb heater circuit - so it may be bare intentionally

Meanwhile, the Badger may have a point .....

·
Registered
921 Posts
Purple - Like I said: Power has to come from somewhere. Looking at a parts diagram, that is definitely the carb heater. However, it looks like the washer is on the wrong side of the "terminal". It is probably to isolate the heater from the carb body at that point. I see no other electrical connections to the carb on the parts diagrams.

One could figure this all out with an ohm meter.
1) Remove carb heater.
2) test ohms of resistance through the heater. No continuity? Heater burnt out.
3) Okay? Replace heater. (put washer against carb body).
4) Test continuity from terminal end to the carb body. Same ohms as before? Everything ok.
5) Not same as before? If open circuit: something is broke. If LESS resistance: something is broke.
6) If everything is okay, start TW. Test with a voltage meter to see if power is coming out of the terminal. If it is: I give up.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wait guys,

I showed you the caburetor photos only to show you the model of the bike we dismounted, that cable is most likely not related to the cabruretor since both cable (positive and negative that connects to it) are already connected
Just this cable we can't find where it goes

1 - 13 of 13 Posts