TW200 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I don't know if any of you remember me, but I used to post on these forums. Anyway, I got my TW about a year ago and didn't ride it to often (mainly, it was cold, and I was somewhat nervous about riding seeing as how it had been about 2 or 3 years since motorcycle school) well anyway, Dad took me out to my churches parking lot where I just did some excersizes from motorcycle school....

fastforward, August 15th, my birthday. Dad thought it would be cool to ride down to pikeville on the bikes (He rode a heritage Springer.... beautiful) Well, this was the furthest i'd ridden and we took kind of a mountainish rode. Well, within the last few turns I came in to fast, stiffed up in my arms, and took the ditch at about 25=30. slid a good 25 feet.
No harm to me, but the bike took a little beating. Oh, so while I got out of the ditch and walked to a driveway to call dad (he was ahead of me) which didn't go through, duh! I walk back to my bike and try to pick it up;well, my poor TW ended up upside down facing the opposite way I was riding, so there was no righting this on my own. in comes about 7 gys on Harley's.... perfect, just what I need, 7 old hard necks helping a 17 year kid out of a ditch on his first long ride. Fortunately, they were cool about it, seemed almost impressed... I'm sure they were laughing later >_>

Broke the tailight,right blinker, and bent up.... well most of the bike. The frame is bent slightly to the left from the subframe back. no big, dad and I bought some replacement parts, knocked the frame around and it's almost unnoticeable.... That, and it's a TW, so in my opinion it's okay for it to look a little rough.

So, that's what's happening with me!

-Jake Lee.

·
Registered
7,334 Posts
It has been my experience to have met the nicest people, for the most part, riding motorcycles.

Glad you weren't hurt in your crash and don't let it discourage you from riding some more.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts