TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local Yamaha dealer wants $91 for an O ring chain for my 2009 TW200.

·
Registered
918 Posts

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
O-ring chains aren't cheap. Your dealer is about $30 high. Try an independent shop or google 428 o-ring chain.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Find an independent bike shop that will look at you as a person. Chances are if you show them that you can get the chain for a reasonable price on the web, they will try to come close or explain why not. Most importantly, they will be there when you need help on this or some future problem. I like bargains, but I also like having good technical support or general knowledge when I need it locally. Even my local Kawasaki dealer will cut prices when I show him I can get it cheaper on the web. They need to make a profit, just not as big a profit as standard retail normally provides. During a recent tire purchase my local shop guy could not beat MCsuperstore, but said he'd still mount the tires for an extra $5 because I bought them outside his shop. Worked for me. JMHO. Tom

·
Registered
181 Posts
I got mine off ebay for 70 something ish, lytle racing group.com was the seller. Luckily my tdub only had 50 miles on it at the time, so didn't have to change sprockets along with it.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I got a DID o-ring chain for either 69 or 64 on amazon. It was a 124 link iirc so you will need to cut 2-4 links depending on sprockets. (stock is 122 link)

I don't know if DID is the best to get or not but mine kicks ass. I've put 2600 miles on it with no adjustments at all yet. With the cheap 20$ chain it needed an adjustment after just one 50- mile ride, and it was about out of adjustment room after 2-3k miles.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
DID are top notch chains. I have one that has several thousand miles without an adjustment. Tom

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Tdub's OEM chain was a DID. DID makes a dozen or more different 428 chains. Their o-ring chain is awesome. The one Yamaha chose for the Tw sucks.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Good deal Jdub. I've got one on my first TDub and its awesome. I want one for the new older one. It works out to $108.00 with shipping but the SARand just weakened against the US$ so will check around for old stock spares.

Thanks

Malcolm

·
Registered
353 Posts
I agree with the previous poster who recommended Lytle Racing Group. I bought my O-ring from them for about $60 a couple years ago. Bought it thru there ebay store and was able to get it in 122-links so no chain cutting was needed.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts