TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok friends quick question about ordering parts. I have ordered parts from Partszilla, Boats.net and a few others. I am having a VERY HARD TIME finding a website that actually has parts "in stock." All of these websites consistently list parts as "in stock" yet, I am always receiving emails days after the order is placed notifying me that part# "X" and/or "Y" is NOT IN STOCK. This has screwed me many times when I am planning on completing timely repairs! Does everyone else experience these same woes when ordering Yamaha TW parts? Do any parts vendors out there have an accurate inventory?

·
Registered
13,641 Posts
I order from RockyMountain ATV/MC. When viewing the item I wish, it will list: "in stock", meaning it will be shipped asap, "ship in xx days" meaning it's not in their stock but will get it for you, and "not shipping" which means they can't get the part to ship you.

Basically, you know at the time of ordering if you're gonna get your item. I've gotten everything I've ever ordered from them with the longest being a couple of weeks because the item I ordered wasn't in stock i.e. "ship in xx days".

If I order in the morning M-Th, I usually get my order the next day. They are very quick to ship. Not sure right now on shipping because of their staffing level due to stay-at-home orders and whatnot due to the virus.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Admiral! Rocky Mountain ATV for the win! The current issue is with Boats.net - I need to rebuild my forks desperately so I checked around and Boats.net had good prices and all items were listed on the website as "in stock ships within 24hrs." So, I ordered up the parts and even removed my forks. This morning I received an email stating the oil seals (P/N 22W-23145-L0-00) would not be available until April 10th! I'm going to cancel Boats.net and take my business to Rocky Mountain ATV right now.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK all set! I even had $6 of Rocky Mountain Bonus Bucks or whatever they call it from back when I ordered my Tusk Utility Top Rack. I used that to upgrade shipping to 2-day. Next week my buddy and I are launching several rather serious model rockets and I was really hoping to use the TW to ease recoveries. Beats the hell outta walking several miles around the prairie.

·
Registered
13,641 Posts
Hopefully, I won't have to eat my words (words taste like crap) and RMATV/MC has the parts and will ship, Monday now I'm guessing, and you don't get an email from them telling you the parts aren't getting shipped. Worldwide slowdowns could be caused now by the virus and not a Boats.net issue.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No worries, Admiral! Even if RMATV doesn't ship on Monday I'm confident that I'll have my parts in time. Boats.net did email me explaining they had limited staff due to Coronavirus - no problem there. But, listing parts in stock when they are not is very annoying. If I had ordered from RMATV yesterday I would likely have the parts already on the way...

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
A lot of the sites are doing a worse job now. For me boats.net was always a slow delivery. I used to really like Bike Bandit but they changed the format of the site and it's useless half the time now. J&P Cycles I end up using quite a bit. KurveyGirl.com is another one I have used. For batteries I like BatteryStuff.com

·
Registered
20,169 Posts
This may seem old fashioned but telephones still work. Cell phones can actually be used for voice communication too. One can call any of these vendors, wade through their menu and then speak with a actual human who can give real time feed back as to whether part in question is in stock, shipping dates, address confirmation, payment options, etc.
I will sometimes even call the local dealership though they usually will have to pre-pay special order resulting in double the wait time and double the cost.

·
Registered
466 Posts
This may seem old fashioned but telephones still work. Cell phones can actually be used for voice communication too. One can call any of these vendors, wade through their menu and then speak with a actual human who can give real time feed back as to whether part in question is in stock, shipping dates, address confirmation, payment options, etc.
I will sometimes even call the local dealership though they usually will have to pre-pay special order resulting in double the wait time and double the cost.
Especially for the high price items, ensuring order accuracy and possibly making a friendly business contact is well worth a call. I've had a number of times ordering parts over the phone where extras get thrown in, or my projects will get an extra part for me to try out, or I have someone I can ask for at the business who can get me the right answers fast.

·
Registered
20,169 Posts
Yes , as Blake says a phone call can help make a purchase better in many ways.
I don't get home mail delivery so need to provide a different but correct address for USPS vs UPS and Feral Express deliveries. Sometimes a phone call is needed top confirm vendor's shipping method.
Rocky Mountain is a good source but I'm always willing to take a look at a Kurvey Girl.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I order from RockyMountain ATV/MC. When viewing the item I wish, it will list: "in stock", meaning it will be shipped asap, "ship in xx days" meaning it's not in their stock but will get it for you, and "not shipping" which means they can't get the part to ship you.

Basically, you know at the time of ordering if you're gonna get your item. I've gotten everything I've ever ordered from them with the longest being a couple of weeks because the item I ordered wasn't in stock i.e. "ship in xx days".

If I order in the morning M-Th, I usually get my order the next day. They are very quick to ship. Not sure right now on shipping because of their staffing level due to stay-at-home orders and whatnot due to the virus.
As per email notification, all items shipped as of 9:50am MT! Rocky Mountain ATV will most certainly be receiving recurring business from reddave.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
...And they already have! Disassembled the forks today but to my dismay, a retaining ring was rusted badly and came out in pieces. I tried to call RMATV up on the phone, but the electronic prompt made me aware of a 17min hold time. However, the website had a little countdown timer claiming if I ordered within another hour and change, the order would ship today. Shipping confirmation for the new order received! My loyalty has been earned.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts