TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a ride together for yesterday. Everyone showed except the TW riders... ?

(YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!) :)

Here's 12 minutes of what they missed. This is twelve minutes of a 5 hour 89 mile ride. Just a little single track..

I was riding sweep because we had a new rider, new to single - tight stuff but who puts 35k a year in the saddle. This was his first attempt at single. He's riding an XT.

I'm on my 701 which weighs in well over 100 pounds heavier that the bikes i'm behind. With me.. another 200 over their weight.. lol.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Where the He** are the rocks? Nice riding down there in the Pine Barrens. And that looks like just my speed, too.

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was probably that root that got him..

·
Registered
4,170 Posts

Here's 12 minutes of what they missed. This is twelve minutes of a 5 hour 89 mile ride. Just a little single track..

I was riding sweep because we had a new rider, new to single - tight stuff but who puts 35k a year in the saddle. This was his first attempt at single. He's riding an XT.

I'm on my 701 which weighs in well over 100 pounds heavier that the bikes i'm behind. With me.. another 200 over their weight.. lol.

It’s Toms fault...hahaha

·
Registered
6,345 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You two should have been there! :rolleyes: :sad11:

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
You two should have been there! :rolleyes: :sad11:
It would have been fun no doubt. I only get 4 days a month off and my family had to come first this time.

Tom

·
Registered
6,345 Posts

·
Registered
13,330 Posts
Well, because you said he was a new rider I'll dub him a newbie...off the trail. Not wanting to pick on him but it's funny when we leave our turn signal on the entire time of the video after a fall.:p I've done that before. Newbie looked a little nervous at times but did well at others. In the second video, it looked like he was in the fetal position giving up. I know he was trying to get out.:D

Tight single track and hard to get any speed going. Looks fun for sure.

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As it should be.. Family first!

It would have been fun no doubt. I only get 4 days a month off and my family had to come first this time.

Tom

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Last time I crashed I had to tye wrap the rear turn indicators back on... both of them and a mirror! (and I left a front one blinking for good measure)... yep. it happened. Rick leaves his on before we leave (saves time later)...!

yea he was green, first time..

Yes he was trying to get out, gas was leaking on him, the crash in the watery mud after that was a relief, no worries then that he would burst into flames... (J/K)

Well, because you said he was a new rider I'll dub him a newbie...off the trail. Not wanting to pick on him but it's funny when we leave our turn signal on the entire time of the video after a fall.:p I've done that before. Newbie looked a little nervous at times but did well at others. In the second video, it looked like he was in the fetal position giving up. I know he was trying to get out.:D

Tight single track and hard to get any speed going. Looks fun for sure.

·
Registered
282 Posts

Why is that guy so worried about how much fuel he has left if he's carrying extra on the back.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Poor Luis. Just like the kid in "Christmas Story" who just lay there when he fell over because "it was his only defense" & too many clothes & coats.
I saw and worked with him today.

Was that a tight trail or were you just imagining a trail in your head again Columbus??? Ha.

Thanks for coming by and hanging out at the sidecar New Years ride gathering location. Made me real happy to see you guys.

That Sand Pit we were playing in. I'd like to go back there again with 2 wheels but actually drive the Jeeps & Trucks there to un-load. Looked like a nice staging point to go riding in any direction from. Then back for lunch, hanging out and playing in the sand-jumping the dirt hills.

Off Butterworth Road, Woodland. Do you know where that is? I pinned it with a waypoint as well. My first time there.

My friend Jay:
IMG_0214.JPG

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts