TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I'm new here and the TW world. I bought an '87 and the muffler rusted out. I've read through most the threads for mufflers and I'm really interested in finding a new stock OEM muffler. Does anyone sell one? If so can someone please post a link to a trusted and tested seller?

Thanks!
Brad

·
Registered
810 Posts
I found one a while back in the classified section of this forum. While not brand new, it was pretty close.
They changed the dimensions in 2000 but with little work the later unit will fit. I suspect the only source of
new stock would be dealer and would be a mite pricey. Avoid aftermarket unless you like noise. Depending
on how rusty, a talented muffler man could patch it too, at least till you snag a good used one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found one a while back in the classified section of this forum. While not brand new, it was pretty close.
They changed the dimensions in 2000 but with little work the later unit will fit. I suspect the only source of
new stock would be dealer and would be a mite pricey. Avoid aftermarket unless you like noise. Depending
on how rusty, a talented muffler man could patch it too, at least till you snag a good used one.
My muffler is completely rusted out. Nothing is left of the innards and the external can looks like swiss cheese. I've read if I go with aftermarket then I have to rejet the carb. I'd rather not right now. Also I'd like it to be as quiet as possible, so I'm searching for an original stock muffler.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
13,657 Posts
Kinda looks like a homemade. Doesn't indicate anything about a spark arrestor, but in the ebay add it says you can email the seller with any questions. At the very least I would send an email asking about the arrestor. Hopefully the seller would provide an honest answer.

I hope to make it to a local motorcycle salvage yard soon and if they have one I'll let you know.

Also, if you would be so kind, if you do get one, post here so we know to stop looking.

Thanks and good luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm actually new to the forum. Just got my TW last week...will be putting a FMF on in about a week and could sell you mine. It has less than 1,000 miles on it. Also have the OEM skid too if interested.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Mine is available too, if you want. It's from a '92 with 220 miles. I was going to start a classified thread later with stock stuff I replaced, but if you want, I'll sell it here.

Oh, and welcome to the forum ZsTW!

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Mine is available too, if you want. It's from a '92 with 220 miles. I was going to start a classified thread later with stock stuff I replaced, but if you want, I'll sell it here.

Oh, and welcome to the forum ZsTW!
I'm actually new to the forum. Just got my TW last week...will be putting a FMF on in about a week and could sell you mine. It has less than 1,000 miles on it. Also have the OEM skid too if interested.
Welcome to the forum guys!

Luigus, judging by your signature you've been pretty busy with your mods!

Let's see some pics!

Brian

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Anybody up in Ontario have a stock muffler for my 2010 TW. I'll do an even trade for the DG pipe on my bike.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Hey everyone. I'm new here and the TW world. I bought an '87 and the muffler rusted out. I've read through most the threads for mufflers and I'm really interested in finding a new stock OEM muffler. Does anyone sell one? If so can someone please post a link to a trusted and tested seller?

Thanks!
Brad
Brad, didn't know if you were considering a used one or not. I have one listed for sale in the classified section off a 1998. Good luck, and keep the rubber side down, Dave

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Anybody up in Ontario have a stock muffler for my 2010 TW. I'll do an even trade for the DG pipe on my bike.
Peter,
I'd Love to trade you. I'm not local, but if your willing to ship, I'll trade you. Mine is very clean, no dents, scratches, etc. 2009 bike with low miles. You willing to work a deal, I'm VERY interested. I just can't afford a new DG pipe.

I also sent you a PM......:D

·
Registered
129 Posts
Welcome to the forum guys!

Luigus, judging by your signature you've been pretty busy with your mods!

Let's see some pics!

Brian
Hi, Brian. I'll post a thread of pics soon, similar to MrGizmow's "a really close look" thread (I think that is what it was called). Unfortunately, it isn't ready to show off yet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Brad, didn't know if you were considering a used one or not. I have one listed for sale in the classified section off a 1998. Good luck, and keep the rubber side down, Dave
Wow everyone - thank you so much for the offers. I am interested in used as long as it is in good condition. I'm open to hear what you want for your mufflers. Send me a PM with your asking price.

Thanks!!!

Brad

·
Registered
487 Posts
Wow everyone - thank you so much for the offers. I am interested in used as long as it is in good condition. I'm open to hear what you want for your mufflers. Send me a PM with your asking price.

Thanks!!!

Brad
I had a guy that said he wanted it after I sent him some pics. I boxed it up, figured how much to ship, and now he won't answer a pm. Not man enough to say he changed his mind, I'd guess. Anyways, sometimes you run into people like that. I told him $45 + shipping, which for him would have been $12. ( to Iowa, if memory serves me correctly ) Pm me your phone # or email and I'll send you some pics. ( can't figure out how to post them to the ad with an iPad ) Rubber side down, Dave

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Closure - I bought ZsTW's 2014 muffler. It was a great and easy transaction. Thank you.

Now I just have weld up a new tab to finish bolting on the muffler.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts