TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my divorce is moving forward and at least I will more then likely come out financially ok and with my bikes :). Now where to move. I have family in North Florida in Pensacola and Jacksonville, both just outside in smaller cities. Now I'm leaning towards just north of Jacksonville because I get along with my youngest sister. My oldest sister that lives just outside Pensacola is pure white trash.... lol and I cant be near her. But have a oldest nephew that lives their also who is like a brother to me and he rides bikes too. So I'm torn. What do ya'll think?

·
Registered
167 Posts
I don't understand 'family ties'.

You didn't mention anything about working, so don't know if your retired or not.

I know your just going to blow over this, but why not move to where you can actually ride.
One rider on youtube is somewhere in florida and has a blast riding his 200/250 (?) somewhere there. forgot where.

My choice would be to move further west, which i will. Hopefully before fall of this year.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
If u like that assclown Trump, please don't move to California....:D.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Stay by or within driving distance (100-200 miles) of family. Someday you may need them... them need you.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't understand 'family ties'.

You didn't mention anything about working, so don't know if your retired or not.

I know your just going to blow over this, but why not move to where you can actually ride.
One rider on youtube is somewhere in florida and has a blast riding his 200/250 (?) somewhere there. forgot where.

My choice would be to move further west, which i will. Hopefully before fall of this year.
Yes, I will be working. Too young and poor not to work :(

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I was raised in Illinois and have had enough of the snow. I know both these places in the upper part of Florida can get colder then down here in Southern Florida but not near as cold as up north. I have very bad sinus and the cold don't do me any good. I've been in SW Florida for 25 years and with this very painful divorce I just need to get far away from these people and bad memories. I think I'am leaning towards Northern Jacksonville, close to Yulee but the homes their are more $$ then Pensacola area. This is my biggest weighing option. As I will get more then likely enough money to buy a home with cash but if its too much $$ I wont have any reserve.

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
This may be one of the last chances in life to do what you truly want to do, WHERE, you want to do it.

Take your time, consider how important family will be but most importantly take your time and think it through.

End of the day you may need family as much as they need you but keep in mind good friends are like family too.

·
Registered
135 Posts
It's not easy to answer because it involves family, emotions and money. It may be best to think of it in terms of a flow chart. What is important to one person may be much less important to the next. My kids live no where near me and I encouraged them to do so. Why in the world would I do that? Because the opportunities were not where we lived at the time. They had educated themselves and they needed to go where they could do the best. They could have stayed where we were and made $50K or moved and made $150 to $200K.

In the end you will want to retire and it takes money. People will say that money isn't everything but you are already old enough to know all about money. We have no idea of your age or skills or income level but this may be an opportunity to start over and if needed up your education and skill level so that all of the remaining work hours of your life are very productive. Where you do that may not be near your family. I always like to stretch a tape measure out for young people and point out that at about 1 year old they were crapping in their pants, at 5 they started school, at 15 or so they started to think girls are not bad, at 18 they graduated to the wide open world, at 20 something they may get married. Some may die in their 50's, some in their 70's and most by their 80's. Look down on your age on that tape and think about what you will do with what is left. You can have all the enthusiasm in the world but the day will come when you dont want to HAVE to work.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hairy zona is warm with great riding places. It is where I will be moving to.
It is a great big beach with no ocean.

Heck yes. It's even better than that it's a beach nestled in next to mountains, it's a beach out among scrub brush and washes with deer. It has small mountains to climb and look out at the beaches and then ride down on them. It has rugged rocky trails leading up to old mine shafts that look down at the beach. I cant wait to get back out there this fall.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
the interesting thing about living near family is how many times to you visit family ?

If it's 4 times a week then of course either live nearby or invite your family to move with you

If you see your family on Easter and thanksgiving then live as far away as you want they are almost perfecting air travel and will likely have flights to where you need to go in the near future

If you have grand kids move to Arizona and buy them each a $69 plane ticket once they see grandpas place with quad runners, TW' s and swimming pools (not to mention how the neighbors girls dress in AZ) they will never want to visit anywhere else

·
Registered
167 Posts
Heck yes. It's even better than that it's a beach nestled in next to mountains, it's a beach out among scrub brush and washes with deer. It has small mountains to climb and look out at the beaches and then ride down on them. It has rugged rocky trails leading up to old mine shafts that look down at the beach. I cant wait to get back out there this fall.
And on top of that, sometime in the future you will have beach front property.... :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts