TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just heard hurricane Irma is barreling toward us and is a Cat 5 with winds over 175 MPH. No telling YET if it will head into the Gulf or hook north up the east coast.

Thoughts and prayers for all those in the path of where ever it might make landfall. Ask me again why I don't live near any of the coasts.

I am 100 miles in land in the NY Catskills mountains and we got slammed by both Sandy and Irene some years back and some folks are still cleaning up from those storms.

GaryL

·
Registered
635 Posts
This is the answers that I found on the internet

FLORIDA is under a state of emergency after the latest track models showed that Hurricane Irma could head towards the US state after the Caribbean.
The category 4 hurricane is heading towards the Leeward Islands in the Carribean amid fears that it could then head towards Miami in Florida.

The NOAA’s National Hurricane Center (NHC), based in Miami, has told Americans along hurricane-prone parts of the coast to get an escape plan in place.

The latest update from the NHC said: “There is an increasing chance of seeing some impacts from Irma in the Florida Peninsula and the Florida Keys later this week and this weekend.

·
Registered
208 Posts
If Irma's track ends up raking the FL Keys as a CAT 4 or 5, it could be catastrophic. The time to start making evacuation plans is now.

I'm on several pilot forums, and anyone with a plane should be making plans to get out of the path.

·
Registered
968 Posts
The Keys would not slow this thing down at all, it would flatten....lets hope it veers...I plan on spending time on Key Largo in Feb of 18
Looks like Cuba is going to get nailed -

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now Cat 5 - 200mph - time to bail out ........
Early this morning here US eastern standard time zone they upgraded her from a Cat 4 to Cat 5 and winds at over 175 MPH. Guess a TW can't out run this one so will have to jump on my brother's Hyabusa that can.

Have not heard the 200 MPH report yet but that might be pushing even the Busa past it's limits.

Too bad the weather nit wits can't redirect these storms and send this one to the NW where wild fires are raging.

GaryL

·
Registered
301 Posts
Heard some wanting to bump the scale up to Cat 6, for the first time.

Also you maybe to late to stock up. Fox news had reports of shelves being empty already, in Florida. I'm sure there will be some price gouging and hoarding after the sheople saw what happened with Harvey.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am watching the weather now and they are saying it is 185 MPH now and if it goes to 190 it will be the highest wind speeds ever recorded in an Atlantic storm. I do think Cyclones go higher. At any rate this one is a monster and we all should be praying it takes an "Exit-Stage Right and heads right back out to sea where it belongs.

Some of the left wing loons are already blaming Harvey on both Global Warming and on Trump and one even said Texas deserved it for voting Trump in to office. Historical records of course prove otherwise on all counts but some people and media outlets just want to sound intelligent until they open their mouths. The last I looked, hurricanes are still listed as A-political.

Stay safe out there and watch to see which way the weather models predict it will go. CYA is always a better plan like Xracer is following but don't snooze because you might not have much time to put an egg in your shoe and beat it.

GaryL

Reactions: Ken and bad luck

·
Registered
350 Posts
I sure hope it misses you folks, doesn't it seem like we've had more than our share of disasters lately?
Or maybe the media just makes it seem that way with the nonstop bad news that they love to report.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I sure hope it misses you folks, doesn't it seem like we've had more than our share of disasters lately?
Or maybe the media just makes it seem that way with the nonstop bad news that they love to report.
Ha! We get all the news they want us to hear and not much else!

GaryL

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I drove through south Florida two weeks after Hurricane Andrew and I was shocked to see the devastation that a powerful hurricane can unleash. I would be out of there.
I like living in Maryland we just don't get all these horrific weather events. High and Dry

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Ha! We get all the news they want us to hear and not much else!

GaryL
Modern journalism= Covering important stories. With a pillow. Until they quit moving.

Tom

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
I drove through south Florida two weeks after Hurricane Andrew and I was shocked to see the devastation that a powerful hurricane can unleash. I would be out of there.
I like living in Maryland we just don't get all these horrific weather events. High and Dry
I spent 45 days down there immediately after the storm hit. My engineer battalion provided security in the evenings and cleared debris during the day. Not much sleep for that month and a half.

Tom

Reactions: Gulfrider and Ken

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
If things get worse and you have to get out of town with no destination or family come my way. My place is messy but it is dry. That is the biggest issue is being told to evacuate with no place to go and limited funds. Then comes the stations on the freeway running out of gas.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts