TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
21 - 40 of 60 Posts
Not too far from the Starved Rock area. I'm just outside of Chicago in Justice, IL. I've been toying with taking the TW down to Starved Rock once I get her new chain and sprockets on this Spring. Any good places to ride in your area?

Dan

Most of our good places are locked up now, mining company bought up all the land and closed down the Old Buffalo Rock riding ground. I have alot of places I go around here (some I shouldn't) still just banging around the river bottoms mostly. Summer hits you should look me up I'm always down for a ride. Starved Rock is closed to everything but foot traffic, they also ruined it by concreting all the walk paths so no one would venture off their pathway.

Most of our good places are locked up now, mining company bought up all the land and closed down the Old Buffalo Rock riding ground. I have alot of places I go around here (some I shouldn't) still just banging around the river bottoms mostly. Summer hits you should look me up I'm always down for a ride. Starved Rock is closed to everything but foot traffic, they also ruined it by concreting all the walk paths so no one would venture off their pathway.

I definitively will.

I am also thinking about spending three days riding the entire Illinois River Scenic Byway. I think it's close to around 300 miles (not counting my near 200 mile round trip from my home, there and back). I am probably going to outfit the TW with more blacktop worthy tires but that is in line behind the Clarke fuel tank. Oh if I only had the money to do everything

Expect a PM from me come Spring or Summer.

Dan

I would love to see on a map where other Illinois TW'ers are physically located for possible group rides or just to have someone to ride with if local.

Dan
I'm just Southeast of Decatur.

And I'm ready for Spring!

Oy Shiba-san-how are you? I lived in Japan as a teenageer, got my first bike-Honda SL 90 there. I think they only made them in '69. How far are you from the old Kanto Mura housing annex or Fuchu Air Base?

Thom

21 - 40 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.