TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there have been a few carb rebuild threads on here discussing "the Ebay kit" but there are several available. What do you recommend for a good basic rebuild kit for a 2006 TW?
Here are pix of a few that I have found:
Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
The one you show from Pro Cycle is a jet kit, not a rebuild kit.

The second picture down is for the old style slide carb....not for your 2006.

The other 3 appear to be the same, and are correct for your 2006 CV carb.

jb

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
What I have done is to replace the high speed jet with a new #114, the o-ring around the thing the needle float goes in, and get a 2 1/2" o-ring to use for a float bowl gasket -- I have the old style carb. If the needle float leaks then that too will need to be replaced. I cleaned all the parts with an ultrasonic cleaner using Simple Green (others use PineSol but I hate the smell) and replaced any other individual parts that looked bad, but there weren't any.

My one and only experience buying a carb kit for the early TW carb off ebay was a disaster. Maybe they sent me the wrong kit, or the wrong parts in the right kit box, but it flat out didn't work.

Here are the parts that came in the kit. They were briefly used once, removed and the old original parts put back in.

P5190022.JPG P5190023.JPG P5190024.JPG P5190025.JPG P5190027.JPG

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
This is the thing the needle float goes into and this is a good o-ring to replace (red arrow). It will save a lot of diagnostic headaches by not leaking.

Float.jpg

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts