TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,996 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! :D

I'd stay away from Shindy Kits. There have been problems with them according to members in the past. You are best with OEM. Here's one place that has good kits.

https://procycle.us/bikepages/tw200.html#

***Don't be tempted to buy anything else you see on that TW site... haha ;)

Kind of confused as both kits appear to be for 2001-2011 yet they contain different parts. These are on eBay and I believe they are both Shindy kits. Which one will work best? Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for response. Long time lurker and finally getting to play on these bikes. Have a 2004 and also 2007 so I'm sure I'm going to learn a lot soon.

littletommy - small world, I'm in Liberty Lake, need to update my info with my stuff.

So the kit I believe I need is the that site is the 2001-current Carb Kit for$33.95, right? My carb is leaking as soon as turn on the fuel petcock, anything else you would recommend I replace or repair while I'm at it and buying parts?

Thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
17,996 Posts
That would do it if you are happy with the way it runs stock and it has the needle valve with the O-ring (which is probably the source of your leak) :D
Thanks for response. Long time lurker and finally getting to play on these bikes. Have a 2004 and also 2007 so I'm sure I'm going to learn a lot soon.

littletommy - small world, I'm in Liberty Lake, need to update my info with my stuff.

So the kit I believe I need is the that site is the 2001-current Carb Kit for$33.95, right? My carb is leaking as soon as turn on the fuel petcock, anything else you would recommend I replace or repair while I'm at it and buying parts?

Thanks again.

·
Read Only
1,175 Posts
Those are probably stock photos as an example of what comes with the kit. That company probably uses the same photo for every carb rebuild kit.

·
Registered
445 Posts
shop at Babbitts online, they are both a dealer and online retailer for factory parts. Their parts listing shows detail drawings of bike parts and you can order whichever pieces you need. I have found them to be quite reliable.
+1 for Babbitts, I have an order on the way from them as I type this actually. Another good site I recommend is boats.com (it’s part of a large powersports supplier don’t worry about the name). Boats has express shipping while Babbitts doesn’t otherwise prices and service are about the same.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Also Boats.com ships from right by me (Albany, GA) so express shipping ends up being next day and is only $2-5 more. Babbitts is in Muskegon, MI so takes longer to get to me. Depending on where you are that will make a difference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts