TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

Registered
05 GSXR1000 Turbo, ran 8.70s all day long at the drag strip, and I would ride it to the track, stopping by wendys for a burger on the way lol. It was funny guys would ask me what it was going to run while in tech line after rolling through the gate. And they would all give me a funny look when I told them 8.70s at about 160-170mph

Registered
Ariel Square Four.

And that rust bucket Henderson I had when I was a kid.

My original CT90.

My first Real bike, My 71 Sportster.

The bike from my wild days.... 79 FLH stripped and all black.

Registered
I actually don't miss "the old ones", I like advances in fuel management, suspension and brakes. But there
are days where I miss my Yamaha RDs just for that "gawd damn" scared feeling of 2 stroke power and light weight.

Registered
I actually don't miss "the old ones", I like advances in fuel management, suspension and brakes. But there
are days where I miss my Yamaha RDs just for that "gawd damn" scared feeling of 2 stroke power and light weight.
Thats one thing I noticed about riding turbo bikes reminded me of my old 2 strokes, they both had a powerband that would hit and make you hold on for dear life!

Registered
1978 Yamaha TY250
1984 Beta TR32

Registered
Early 70's Yamaha ??360 enduro, it was a beast! Ran backwards on me once, stalled and recovered, went to take off and promptly planted my nutz on the tank...
Well, of course, I never had that happen to me; I have very fond memories of my dad's early 70's Yamaha 360 Enduro. In fact, such great memories that I was actually searching to buy one prior to purchasing my TW. I thought I really wanted a 360 then while test riding it, I killed it and had to kick start it. That's when I remembered how hard that bike can kick back and I realized that these days I don't have to work that hard to start a motorcycle.....my search finally led me to the TW :D

Banned
1968 Schwinn Stingray. 1968-Schwinn-krate-bike-catalogue-page.jpg I was a bad ass on that bike.

Super Moderator
This is going to sound crazy 鈥 but the one I miss the most was my Honda VT250

Honda VT250F 83.jpg

Got one from new just after they came out 鈥 a natural 90 degree V twin, it would rev up to 13k 鈥 didn鈥檛 have a power band as such (because it didn鈥檛 actually have any power), but it had a few little tricks I appreciated. A planetary gearbox, water cooled (through the frame), twin cradle frame, box section swinging arm, 18鈥 rear and a 16鈥 front 鈥 hydraulic clutch 鈥 inboard front disc - the list goes on.

The whole thing just - 鈥渨orked鈥.

I used it for despatch riding around London, 8 to 10 hours a day, and it was always comfortable. Amazing handling, stopped on a sixpence, total reliability, and hey 鈥 it looks good (always a bonus).

The only draw-back was the lack of power 鈥 I had the choice of the 400 four cylinder version 鈥 pretty much the same bike 鈥 sat on both at the dealers, but the 400 just felt 鈥渨rong鈥. The 250 was a natural fit, so I went for it.

I think that if they did that exact same bike with a 500 engine, (not the VT500 we all know and argue about), to coin a phrase 鈥 鈥淚鈥檇 be on it like a fat kid on a cup cake鈥.

Had it for nearly 4 years, when it came to a 鈥渟ticky end鈥 鈥 I had the option (just) of the transit van or the parked skip 鈥 I took the transit (upside down and backwards, soft landing) 鈥 the bike took the skip. Total write off.

I Still miss it 鈥︹..

Registered
This is going to sound crazy 鈥 but the one I miss the most was my Honda VT250

View attachment 17526

Got one from new just after they came out 鈥 a natural 90 degree V twin, it would rev up to 13k 鈥 didn鈥檛 have a power band as such (because it didn鈥檛 actually have any power), but it had a few little tricks I appreciated. A planetary gearbox, water cooled (through the frame), twin cradle frame, box section swinging arm, 18鈥 rear and a 16鈥 front 鈥 hydraulic clutch 鈥 inboard front disc - the list goes on.

The whole thing just - 鈥渨orked鈥.

I used it for despatch riding around London, 8 to 10 hours a day, and it was always comfortable. Amazing handling, stopped on a sixpence, total reliability, and hey 鈥 it looks good (always a bonus).

The only draw-back was the lack of power 鈥 I had the choice of the 400 four cylinder version 鈥 pretty much the same bike 鈥 sat on both at the dealers, but the 400 just felt 鈥渨rong鈥. The 250 was a natural fit, so I went for it.

I think that if they did that exact same bike with a 500 engine, (not the VT500 we all know and argue about), to coin a phrase 鈥 鈥淚鈥檇 be on it like a fat kid on a cup cake鈥.

Had it for nearly 4 years, when it came to a 鈥渟ticky end鈥 鈥 I had the option (just) of the transit van or the parked skip 鈥 I took the transit (upside down and backwards, soft landing) 鈥 the bike took the skip. Total write off.

I Still miss it 鈥︹..
I wonder which came first that or the RZ350, they look damn near alike. Which btw was my second favorite bike. Got quite the attention on the streets with it.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts