TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if there's a special mount for the 1 gallon Rotopax.

I have a rear cycleracks and just added the bag panniers. It's pre-fitted to allow a rotopax mount and the 1 gallon on the inside left.
Which one works? there are various mounts, and its a restricted area, because cycleracks did say only the 1 gallon will fit inside.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I don't know if there's a special mount for the 1 gallon Rotopax.

I have a rear cycleracks and just added the bag panniers. It's pre-fitted to allow a rotopax mount and the 1 gallon on the inside left.
Which one works? there are various mounts, and its a restricted area, because cycleracks did say only the 1 gallon will fit inside.
This is the one I got....and the one you are looking for.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ROTOPAX-RX-EXT-Pack-Mount-Extension-for-1-2-and-4-Gallon-Packs/282902159691?epid=1938571919&hash=item41de48614b:g:su8AAOSwQ7haupdQ

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah, I just got confused... I thought that the inside needed a mount and not the extension...
Since theres a newer double twist style I didn't know if it allowed clearance on the inside to remove the tank if the exterior is loaded.

0410190635a.jpg fp-packmount-3_2.jpg

??

·
Registered
19,405 Posts
The FUELPAX mount depicted is the cheaper, lighter, hollow stamped steel version of their more standard cast ROTOPAX mount. Both are dimensionally equivalent & will bold directly to most base plates. Don't recall ever seeing a ROTOPAX mounted between tire and pannier supports, assumed a lack of clearance for the twist lock device.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
seems more mounts are available,
the newer improved double latch seems more secure near the swing arm, but being taller it might not allow space for removal...
I couldn't figure out how the extension would mount by itself that Donzo showed

full_1c1d0a8094ce658da44a97a08249c3c3.jpg s-l1600.jpg image_48.png

51D411VlQKL._SX466_.jpg RotopaX RX-PM Pack Mount,

I just ordered this from amazon since it seems the lowest profile with base.
I'll post detail dimension pics near the suspension... possibly might upgrade to the double latch later.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts