TW200 Forum banner

Which way do you fall? Are you left or right handed?

• Fall right, I'm right handed.

Votes: 12 25.5%
  • Fall left, I'm left handed.

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Fall right, I'm Left handed.

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Fall left, I'm right handed

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • I haven't noticed

Votes: 16 34.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Which side of your bike do you fall on the most?

I noticed that anytime I've fallen on my bike it's been on my right side. I'm right handed too.

So I thought it would interesting to ask you all which side you fall on more frequently?
And are you left or right handed.?
Or
You hadn't noticed falling more one way then the other.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Back yard -----left side. SanDue Ride and shoot---------right side. SanDue Ride and Shoot Too------------left and right. Back yard again------------left side. Fred's house ---------- two left sides. I'm right handed go figure. There is a stupid factor in here somewhere. In Sues endeavors she can some times fall on each side at the same time. Dirts a Flyen SanDue :p:D

·
Registered
566 Posts
Both, and plenty of. It seems like every time I've been pinned under the bike, it's been on the right side tho. Right handed.

·
Registered
20,153 Posts
Perhaps this all has something to do more with the feet, whether one is used to covering either rear brake, or shifter with a foot. Perhaps when this sense of natural balance is interrupted our co-ordination goes out the window and we are more susceptible to a fall

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So if your priority to protect is your gear/brake area you might lean more weight to your left? If you're protecting your throttle by steering more with the left arm, it wants to turn right?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I try to fall up hill, that way I don't have far to go. Falling down hill is a bitch as it can be hard to get out from underneath the bike.
So I have no preference for right or left.

·
Read Only
1,175 Posts
Which way i fall usually depends on which way I'm turning when I decide I want to make a third point of contact with the ground: usually to the left though it seems. Apparently I'm better at making right turns. I've fallen while travelling in a straight line once, and I fell to the left then too.

·
Registered
13,636 Posts
Yeah, I picked I've never noticed. Not because I've never fallen like Mr. Twilight, but because I've been bucked off in all kinds of directions. I wasn't thinking of what direction I was falling because I was screaming so bad. Yeah, I've been over my head on some very technical double black diamond single track trails...at night. I'm just glad I beat the rescuers back to the trailhead.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Most of my falls have been on the right... usually when I'm using the rear brake and needed a foot down.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've only fallen 3 times over 900km myself, but I'm both a beginner and driving off road. I haven't fallen since I got my shinko244 though!:)

If you've never fallen then you haven't noticed falling one way more then the other.

·
Registered
20,153 Posts
Looking at the statistics it appears you right handers fall a lot more than us left handed folks.;)

·
Registered
20,153 Posts
...and if you find yourself falling too much maybe just cover yourself with wheels and keep on rolling no matter what.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
I'm as far right as it gets, and no way in Hell I'm falling for anything Left... ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts