TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to have a Marsee (made in USA) tank bag strapped to my TW last year but the stitching and nylon material was so weak and the stitching would come undone and jam up the zipper. Besides that, i liked the idea and convenience of a tank bag (although mine was a little too big for the TW). I still use backpacks and ROK straps on my rear cargo rack but having a backpack leads me to pack so much stuff as if I'm planning for the worst even if I'm riding only a few miles from home (Imagine loading 15-20 lb of gear).

Post pictures of your gear and bags, please.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I always liked Cortech bags. Very well made. I had the Cortech mini on my Ducati, and loved it. Their a little pricey though. I just bought this one in blue to strap on my rear fender rack. Cheap too. Haven't used it yet, but looks well made "for the price". It's kinda insulated like a cooler bag. I travel very light, which is why I got rid of my Cyclerack for a very small Manrack.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DNX93CW/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_ZVEivb0C2D3XB

·
Registered
175 Posts
image.jpg

Nelson Riggs Cl-1010 Micro Tank Bag.

I didn't want a big bag, this one is a good size for my needs. That is an iphone 6 plus in the map pocket so you can visualize the size.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
When I used a tank bag over the years I tended to gravitate to a rather large one, but that was on BMW GS's mostly. I did decide I wanted something for the TW though, to hold my wallet, cell phone, glasses case and scout knife. I ended up with the Wolfman Enduro Pocket and I am quite happy with it. It has a bungie that holds my map for easy use on the outside, fits well and stays in place. Since I keep my wallet and glasses and knife in it I pop it off when I go in to eat and such. It's quite small and I was afraid I would forget it somewhere...at least until I got back to the bike and sat down, so I bought two extra fastex buckles and a length of nylon strap and fashioned a sling for it. I can throw it over my shoulder or put it around my waist. Like I said, it's not big, but it's perfect for my use.

View attachment 16021

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice choices. As someone who has dual sported with a tank bag and a backpack both loaded down at the same time, i had such a hard time keeping the TW upright. Thanks for all the info and pictures.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Not a tank bag but an alternative handlebar bag from Kathy's Journey Designs. Holds sunglasses, small P&S Camera, ear plugs and has a little pocket on the top for folded bills, for those commuters among us.
20150409_170225-L.jpg

I have a Wolfman on Big Bertha and have to unclip it to get to the gas cap, which is kind of a hassle. I like that Icon unit.

But lord, I though fanny packs went out in the 80's !!

41zrqOK25rL._SX466_.jpg :disgust:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
That Kathy's handlebar bags looks nice for the TW. I have the Wunderlich handlebar bag on my big GS and really like it but it won't fit on TW.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Not a tank bag but an alternative handlebar bag from Kathy's Journey Designs. Holds sunglasses, small P&S Camera, ear plugs and has a little pocket on the top for folded bills, for those commuters among us.
View attachment 16169
That looks nice. I was thinking of a Manracks front rack

just to mount a Wolfman out of the way. But the Kathys Journey might do the trick, cheaper.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I went cheap and got a QuadBoss tank bag for 19.99. It has removable rigid dividers, a clear compartment topside.
Holds just the essentials for enroute access, and unclips from the lower edge of the tank real quick so you can take it on and off.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have a Giant Loop Diablo standard tank bag on the TW. With the Clarke tank there is clearance for the gas cap, or you can un-zip it part way and it hinges out of the way. It also un-zips completely to take off the bike. On the KTM I have a Wolfman enduro pocket. This removes quickly by releasing 4 clips. I used this on the Baja trip, it is big enough for a small camera, flashlight and chapstick. The camera is right handy for those quick trailside shots.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts