TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone paint their Cyclerack white? I'm all about the clean install look. I have a 2016. Frame is silver, front plastic is Midnight blue, back plastic is white. I was thinking a white Cyclerack might look like a real clean install. Anyone have a picture of a white Cyclerack installed on white plastic?

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
It would only stay nice and white if you never used it! The gray powder coat is pretty tough, but it also doesn't show scratches and dings easily (inevitable). Overcoating with white would like like hell after a year.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would only stay nice and white if you never used it! The gray powder coat is pretty tough, but it also doesn't show scratches and dings easily (inevitable). Overcoating with white would like like hell after a year.
I would sand blast and re-powder coat. I know a guy. I guess I could go with any color.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
It's a TW paint it white and roll... just don't put a milk crate on it. :p

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
I painted my front CycleRack rattle can black and the paint adhered well. Im going to paint my rear rack as well.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why don't you just contact them and have them paint it white for you? They are very nice and responsive :)
Did that earlier today. No response yet, which is cool, not complaining at all. Just was hoping someone here had done it before, or had picture of someone who has done it.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Haven't seen one in white might look ok but doesnt the 2016 have blue on the tank? I'd be all over a nice blue cyclerack to match the tank I've never been a big fan of all the white plastics IMO

·
Registered
20,158 Posts
My Cyclerack was spray painted a Krylon metallic blue to match other blue accents on Betty Boop. Without any special hardeners it certainly chips and scratches much easier than the original powder coated grey. I still like it though.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I had both of mine coated in rhino truck bed liner. They offer colors but i went with black. Stuff is tough as nails and has survived quite a few dumps and still look like the day i had them coated.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts