TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '87 needs a few touchups on the tank. Does anyone know which color white is the closest?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
If you can't get it from Yamaha take your tank to a good hobby shop. Model car paint comes in hundreds of shades and I've always found a match.

·
Registered
114 Posts
If you can't get it from Yamaha take your tank to a good hobby shop. Model car paint comes in hundreds of shades and I've always found a match.
I second that. Or if you want a pint of paint go to Lowes or Home Depot. They have paint mixers now that can take a photo and copy the color to the machine for a super close match. Call your local ones first and see if they have the equipment yet (some don't)

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
I suggest you go to an automotive paint store. Take your tank, the more progressive stores have color matching equipment.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, maybe I'll swing by the hobby store. They had Testors enamel paint in gloss white..in a small bottle and also a marker.

Otherwise, maybe the auto paint store could use their color matching equipment to see which stock touchup paint matches closest.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts