TW200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anybody out there is pushing the TW limits with me..:encouragement:? I am a long time rider both dirt and street and have always been the one of the biggest guys on a dirt bike. I am new to thee TW scene and love how fun these bikes are to throw around both on and off road. Until now I have been riding my wife’s 07 and she is tired of sharing so I hooked up with RockyTFS and purchased his 2010 from him. Now that I have my own I am going to put the heavy springs all around and have to raise the handlebars. Is there anything else my fellow Apes have found to be worth the money on these bikes? BTW I am 6’6” and weigh in at 330, I promise it’s knda comical watching me ride these things but their so damn fun it’s worth the humiliation. If you don’t believe me ask rockyTFS, he got to experience it first hand. :D

·
Registered
7,109 Posts
I am about 5'10" and weigh about 150 lbs. I used to weigh in at around 210 to 215 but my cardiologist said I had to lose weight or I would soon die. The good news is my blood pressure plummeted as did my heart rate and my TW doesn't bottom out anymore and I am alive. The bad news is I am hungry all the time and people think I look to skinny and I had to buy a lot of new clothes.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Just wondering if anybody out there is pushing the TW limits with me..:encouragement:? I am a long time rider both dirt and street and have always been the one of the biggest guys on a dirt bike. I am new to thee TW scene and love how fun these bikes are to throw around both on and off road. Until now I have been riding my wife’s 07 and she is tired of sharing so I hooked up with RockyTFS and purchased his 2010 from him. Now that I have my own I am going to put the heavy springs all around and have to raise the handlebars. Is there anything else my fellow Apes have found to be worth the money on these bikes? BTW I am 6’6” and weigh in at 330, I promise it’s knda comical watching me ride these things but their so damn fun it’s worth the humiliation. If you don’t believe me ask rockyTFS, he got to experience it first hand. :D

At 6-6, 330, no one in his right mind would every trivialize you on or off your motorcycle.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I remember LT saying he was a rather large fellow so maybe he has some competition for you. I think he made a lot of donut runs on his '87 and still claimed it was THE fastest TW in the west.

GaryL

·
Super Moderator
17,996 Posts
Correction: "In The World"!! :p

He might have me by 5 lbs. Check again after I go to Golden Corral this morning... ;)
I remember LT saying he was a rather large fellow so maybe he has some competition for you. I think he made a lot of donut runs on his '87 and still claimed it was THE fastest TW in the west.

GaryL

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I wished I had your stature back when I drove a school bus. lol Middle school kids seem to have a bit more respect for a big guy. I never got to race LT, but my '87 is the fastest stock TW in the world. lololol btw, I'm six ft, 220lbs.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Correction: "In The World"!! :p

He might have me by 5 lbs. Check again after I go to Golden Corral this morning... ;)
I bet the guy who bought your awesome '87 is really confused every time he passes a Crispy Cream and it wants to steer him in. I hope he does not live in your town because the bike knows all the routes to the nearest donut shops.

Merry Christmas to all and a safe and very prosperous New Year - MAGA!

GaryL

·
Super Moderator
17,996 Posts
Merry Christmas Brother G, you know I love ya man... At least the scooter is beginning to recognise the donut shops, she'll learn for sure in the springtime!! :p
I bet the guy who bought your awesome '87 is really confused every time he passes a Crispy Cream and it wants to steer him in. I hope he does not live in your town because the bike knows all the routes to the nearest donut shops.

Merry Christmas to all and a safe and very prosperous New Year - MAGA!

GaryL

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
We haven’t heard from Rocky lately - you didn’t eat him, did you?

At 170, I shouldn’t make jokes like that. I am installing RaceTech emulators this winter. You should call them and see what they recommend. Their stuff is expensive but will give you ideas of what to comparison shop for. The best price for their emulators can be found on Amazon. Let me know if you need the link. Think it was $160.

Glad you found Rocky’s bike you’ll never have to wonder if maintenance was done. Cheers and keep us posted on your set up. And we like pictures. Especially big guy on little bike pictures.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I sold a TW to a logger / hunter in Lewis County WA who is 400lbs dry w/o gear and he hauls quartered animals out on a cyclerack routinely

the main thing I remember is he ran a 70 tooth rear sprocket for the narrow, muddy single track trails he hunts
Rocky has me set up pretty good on the sprockets already. 13 front and a dual 50/55 in the back. Definitely gonna have to play around with this setup.

·
Super Moderator
17,996 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am around your weight and 6'1". You (and the bike) will definitely like the heavy springs. I did that to mine and really like it a lot more. The bar risers helped as well. The only other thing I have done to mine that I am thankful for is the aftermarket skid plate. We play in the rocks sometimes and it was nice to have compared to the flimsy stock skid.
Other than messing with the carb and getting it tuned up a bit better I can't complain. Have fun! Your right they are fun bikes to toss around!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts