TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was wondering, what is the age/place of origin/personality/lifestyle for you TW200Forum entusiasts and members alike? It would be interesting to know!
Me? I'm a 16 year old IT student from Finland with minor engineering, photography/video skills and mechanical skills :)

·
Registered
602 Posts
There's a couple of threads pertaining to the age and of course many show the location on their avatar. Seems like I remember a thread about location. Look around.

·
Registered
487 Posts
And Gals. My opinion is that many of us are adventurous, confident, and a bit more mature in age. ( not necessarily in attitude ) We appreciate the dependability, versatility, economicality, ( is that a word ? ) and fun that the TW has to offer. A large number of us have had ( and have ) many motorcycles, and yet we still find the TW ( as dated as the design may be ) to be a pleasant blend of many admirable attributes. These bikes are simple, easy to work on, and they always seem to make us smile. Modifying these mules to our particular taste is also high on our list. Just my $.02. Rubber side down, Dave

·
Registered
385 Posts
And Gals. My opinion is that many of us are adventurous, confident, and a bit more mature in age. ( not necessarily in attitude ) We appreciate the dependability, versatility, economicality, ( is that a word ? ) and fun that the TW has to offer. A large number of us have had ( and have ) many motorcycles, and yet we still find the TW ( as dated as the design may be ) to be a pleasant blend of many admirable attributes. These bikes are simple, easy to work on, and they always seem to make us smile. Modifying these mules to our particular taste is also high on our list. Just my $.02. Rubber side down, Dave
Yeah, what he said...

Welcome to the Addiction, er, forum.

You can find information from this forum by going to a search engine and using the following:

site:tw200forum.com SEARCH_STRING

Of course put in something like Shift Lever intead of SEARCH_STRING

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Me? Well... I'm me! At 28 I find myself to still be one of the youngest on the forum. I need to find more ride time but I really do enjoy the two for what it is. Simply put it is a train.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Im 32, I. Drive a semi locally for a freight company. I went to school to be an airplane mechanic "A&P" but I graduated right after 911 which was terrible timing. I like motorcycles, atv's, classic cars, guns, hunting and working out. The tw is my favorite motorized toy. I love adventure riding in Colorado and Utah.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'm 41, A Corrections Officer. I like long walks in the park, staring at the stars on a warm night. I dream of becoming the next American Idol.

Seriously, I am 41 and a CO for the state of Arizona. I like to ride and work on motorcycles. The end. :)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Just a upholstery guy now, been a mechanic most all of my life, like,riding motorcycles, fishing,hunting ,shooting,flying my rc stuff. Political view goes way right. Oh and I am 49 and about to fall of the hill:)

·
Registered
816 Posts
The ripe age of 26. heavily into bicycling, motorcycles, and camping. I love straight 6 motors and diesel power. Own a bmw e61 BMW with the 3.0 straight 6 and dodge cummins diesel. motorcycles are listed in my signature. love the outdoors and recreation. LIFE IS TOO SHORT DON'T WASTE IT ALL WORKING. rapidly approaching grumpy old man status. Own a bike shop with a partner and love it.

Oh and in the far off chance she sees. I also love my wife more every day and our home. Finding someone to share your life and experiences with in my opinion is vital. She only laughed at me when I came wheeling the beat up TW across the back yard and told her it followed me home.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Well, I make a living writing books. I'm not a kid anymore. My grandpa was born in 1900. I collect antique Colt pistols. I love my wife and kids more than anything else...TW included. My political views land to the right of Republican...yep, I'm conservative. Motorcycles are one of my favorite things.

·
Registered
278 Posts
46 year old surfer who refuses to grow up. Pharmaceutical/Medical industry for almost 24 years.
Nickname Forever young

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Closing in on 62, retired NY Correction Sgt/ WTO. Love hunting,fishing, my wife and best friend Brittany plus all the other cool stuff I get involved in.

I live in the NY Catskills mountains where I was born and raised and have an absolute love/ hate attitude about this state. Gorgeous place to live except for the idiot voters who elect those destined to destroy this beautiful part of our country. On the national level, well, you decide because those same idiot voters live by you too!

GaryL

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Well Qwerty, you used to be pretty hard on folks sometimes. I have to say, it's nice having you back again and you have been pretty well behaved...ha ha lol ;)

Honestly bro, we need you around here.

Welcome back.
Qwerty a "Hard On" are you kidding? I never had the displeasure of being yoked on by him but the few posts I have seen lately lead me to think he knows a little bit about these TWs.

Sorry to hear that some fool left a KTM on your lawn as an ornament!:D

It will be nice to have an Adult in the room even if he is a grouch.

GaryL

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Well Qwerty, you used to be pretty hard on folks sometimes. I have to say, it's nice having you back again and you have been pretty well behaved...ha ha lol ;)

Honestly bro, we need you around here.

Welcome back.
I was going to post "Screw you" and a smart-assed smilie but there are way to many smilies to choose from so I didn't.

·
Registered
52 Posts
35 yr old self employed cycle tech.graduated MMI in 2000.bikes are literally my life!have been since i was 11

·
Registered
8 Posts
40 yr old cop as my forum name implies. I've had/ridden Ninja, 2 Honda Shadows, a Suzuki Burgman, Suzuki DR650, a V-Star 1100 Silverado, & now a T-Dub. Liked the dual sport bikes the best...the DR was just too [email protected] tall for my short inseam;) LOL

·
Registered
145 Posts
29, airline pilot.

Been riding since I was about 7 years old, after a neighbor kid let me run up the driveway on his BW80. Does that explain my fat tire addiction? I've owned more bikes than I can count, though 95% of them were old and beat up. Everything from a 68 Triumph, harley, 2 stroke Mx bikes, numerous old Hondas, a few sportbikes etc. My favorite bikes tend to be the little ones, like our TWs.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts