TW200 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know how the situation we are in has happened, but in my opinion we are going down a very corrupt path in this election. I will not be voting for the lesser of two evils, I WILL NOT BE WASTING MY VOTE, I will be voting for a candidate whom I believe is an actual realistic president, Gary Johnson (a human being). If you are unhappy with the two extremist parties and are looking for a moderate that is "fiscally conservative and socially liberal" then just do some research on this candidate. I'm not saying I agree with all of the views he has, but I agree with roughly 85% of it as opposed to the 25-30% of the other candidates.

what are your major political issues?

Let's all be open minded (which I'm sure won't be a big problem here)

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I've been looking at it. They asked me who I was going to vote for, and I said I'm gonna vote for God as President. First of He cannot lie, second He's going to do what's right because he loves the United States of America because He's been with us since the founding of it and then plus that's the truth of the matter. That's the standard you should use.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been looking at it. They asked me who I was going to vote for, and I said I'm gonna vote for God as President. First of He cannot lie, second He's going to do what's right because he loves the United States of America because He's been with us since the founding of it and then plus that's the truth of the matter. That's the standard you should use.
Do you believe in the distinction of church and state? I do, but I certainly value the ethics and values associated with Christianity, I think that those qualities are great qualities to have for a leader but I also believe that a decision should never be made based on Christian values. I believe that people should be able to make their own decisions on how they wish to live as long as it does not harm society.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HAHA, well I'm not sure if I really want to keep this thread going anyway, it's kind of a taboo to talk politics. I just got fired up for a while about how much I don't like the major parties, how much I do like Gary Johnson, how much ammo I really need after the election, where and when to stock up on MREs getting my solar going, all the good stuff for next year.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I don't like Johnson for a few reasons but the biggest reason i don't like him is his running mate. I cannot stand Bill Weld. As much as he claims he was a great governor here in MA i disagree. He was what folks call a RINO in every way when he was our governor and i don't see him as a true libertarian. Like Johnson hes a guy that's too left to be a republican and too far right to be a democrat, that's not what a true libertarian is. both of them are still very much about big government but want to play both sides of the fence.

For me this election is about two things. Seats on the supreme court that will shape our lives for generations to come and protecting the second amendment to the Constitution which goes hand in hand with those supreme court appointments. We cannot allow Hillary Clinton to be able to appoint her brand of corruption to the supreme court otherwise freedom and liberty will be truly lost.

There is only one candidate that can stop her and its not Johnson....

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Gary Johnson "what is Aleppo" vs

Clinton having seizures

Trump not knowing anything about policy

I just don't think a misunderstanding on Johnsons part due to the question asked, is enough to undo the race for him. If you are looking for a perfect candidate, there is not, and never will be one. I also don't think he is a true Libertarian, and honestly I am grateful for that. He is mainly running on that ticket because it is where he most aligns with and it gets him on the ballot. If you are part of a party it does not mean you need to be a slave the ideals of the party and playing both sides of the fence to me means a candidate willing to talk to both sides of the aisle looking for real solutions to problems as opposed to the solution most favored by the party one is affiliated with. I very much value that. The supreme court is a very big deal and I cannot speak much on that due to my lack of knowledge in the area right now, but my political focus lately has been local gov. which is a bigger deal than most people give it credit for.

P.S. I like my guns.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
How can a person decide between a criminal and a person that wants to do the right thing, just hasn't been in the game long enough to realize how to go about it and to have all the cronies in government afraid of him. I am afraid if he tries to get something done the establishment will shut him down. We will know soon.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Who can really say if Trump intends to do the right thing? Regarding the global economy and trade deals it appears so till he offers tax breaks for the wealthy. The changes regarding trade deals he proposes and the enemies he's made with his lack or racial sensitivity would surely put him in Kennedy's shoes.. Like when Kennedy introduced the red notes to regain ownership of the USD from the "Federal" Reserve. I doubt he'll get in even if it's takes fixing the election.

Clinton's economic plan clearly makes everything worse if you think it through. As if small business tax breaks and increased taxing of global corporation is going to stop Walmart from shutting down small business.

Maybe Trump should manage the money and Clinton the diplomacy.

Your money carries more weight then your vote IMO. Be mindful of where you spend/invest it. If everyone took that responsibility the world would be much different.

·
Registered
20,177 Posts
It is not inconceivable that Hillary will get elected but her Parkinson's will catch up with her before she can get innagurated and be unfit to take the oath of office. Every time news of possible Parkinson's diagnosis surfaces the stories seem to be rather quickly redacted. If she is cannot take office then Kaine is not officially Vice President and thus cannot succeed her. Talk about a constitutional crisis determining if Obama remains in office until such time as a special election can be held or whether Speaker of the House succeeds. Guess the Democratic leadership really doesn't want Bernie as the alternate candidate.:eek:

1 - 20 of 194 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.