TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It hit 55f here today, which is blazing hot for January in Michigan. I didn't get a chance to get out until after dark, but still rode about 20 miles and it was still warm out. It was my first real ride on it since doing a 15/50 sprocket swap, cruising at 55mph was no problem. I didn't try going faster since it was dark and I have a long history of drilling deer.

Tomorrow is supposed to be 60f, I plan on getting a couple of hours in.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I took advantage of the nice weather to wash mine, it was looking pretty rough from riding in all the snow and slush. Maybe tomorrow morning before it cools down again?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Well I rode the great silver bird through the sky - flew about 700 miles temp when we took off was -40 but when I got home it was only -30. Pretty cool for biking

·
Registered
132 Posts
I rode my Bandit yesterday
... Guess that doesn't count. My TW is 2 1/2 hours away at the mountain house..... I may go riding up there on Sunday depending on the weather.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I took a spin and prob will all weekend. Did I mention its 80 here. I was in a short sleeve shirt and shorts. Love the south. Even though Fl doesn't seem to count as the "south"

·
Registered
127 Posts
55F in the Great White North, I'll definetly be getting some mud on her today! Who says global warmings bad?

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
OK I couldn't resist.... I just got back with my dub..... Never got cold, did get it just a "little" muddy............ No big deal it's a dirt bike right. All cleaned and put away again. OMM.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Were do you live. I'm from the gobles area. About 20 west of kazoo. OMM.
A little west of Battle Creek. In the summers I live in the sticks up north around Kalkaska/Fife Lake. That's where I do most of my TW riding.

I worked with some guys from the Gobles area and know it a little. Many of my road bike cruises are on the back roads in your direction and towards Lake Michigan.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A little west of Battle Creek. In the summers I live in the sticks up north around Kalkaska/Fife Lake. That's where I do most of my TW riding.

I worked with some guys from the Gobles area and know it a little. Many of my road bike cruises are on the back roads in your direction and towards Lake Michigan.

Saugatuck? lol. You know I'm joking. I actually do hang out there though.

I spend a lot of time up north in the summer, mainly in that area between Gaylord/Grayling/Kalkaska. My folks live up there, I can be on state land within a minute from their house. We've always taken the Jeep and will usually do 100 miles in a weekend, but now I'll be taking that and our bikes.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
We've rode near baldwin before but found it too sandy. We don't do well in sand........... We have land in Da-yooper near paradise with tons of two tracks to ride. We also ride allegan forest area.... OMM.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Been riding the whole time, but it was warm enough out today to also get a trickle charger installed for when it drops temp again, wash the bike, replace grips, and do a chain adjustment.

Considering I don't have a garage... the temp was nice.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Had a good ride today here in Indiana. Started out with 4 t-dubs and ended up with 3 at the end of the day. We made it to the big tunnel again. It was probably 45 degree's in the tunnel it was cool.

·
Registered
503 Posts
70 miles today!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts