TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 1970 CT90 K2 model and need some parts most likely found on a basket case. Air box and inner filter cage and the drivers foot peg assembly with the side stand. Would also love to find the center stand and headlight.

Please keep me in mind in your travels and with friends and family because these Trail 90s are all over the place in various states of dis repair and much like our TWs many of these parts are interchangeable.

I am willing to trade for TW parts if I have what you need or pay cash.

GaryL

·
Registered
8,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rice O Rama Is on the 10th. Check the web for location. You'll probably find it there.
Thanks Smitty. Have you been to it and do you know, can I walk my dog around in the fair grounds?

GaryL

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Rice-O-Rama

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Sorry for the lateness of this.

I don't think there would be an issue with bringing a dog on a leash. Everything is very laid back.

I will be there. Should have my 68 CT90. Want to get some pics with Poe's CT.

·
Registered
8,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry for the lateness of this.

I don't think there would be an issue with bringing a dog on a leash. Everything is very laid back.

I will be there. Should have my 68 CT90. Want to get some pics with Poe's CT.
Thanks Smitty. I called and spoke to Dan, the (HHIC) and he said bring the dog, no problem. I have been waiting to see the weather prediction and right now it appears to be sunny so if that holds I will be there.
Look for me and the wife with a Brittany cruising around. Drop me a PM if there are any TW parts you need that I might have and can bring along.

GaryL

·
Registered
8,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are there any other members here who are planning to be at the swap meet for Rice-O-Rama in Spencer, Mass this Sunday? Would be nice to meet up with other T dubbers.

GaryL

·
Registered
8,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yup! real nice but a damn long drive from NY. You would never believe how many of these trail 90s are stuffed in the backs of barns and garages around here and many with nothing more than some dust from sitting with ridiculous low miles. I live right where many of the camp grounds still are and just about every camper trailer had 1 or 2 trail 90s hanging off the back that were only ever used around the camp park. All my friends back in the 60s and 70s had them but trying to get them to part with them is a trick. Just last summer I sold a 50 and a 70cc for my 90 year old neighbor that were in his barn for over 40 years. I had both of them running in just one day and gone in 3 days at way more than he ever imagined he would sell them for. These bikes are from the age of Timex and as long as they were not beat to death they just keep on going. I just might buy a nice one when I find it for myself because they sure are easy to ride and simple to fix.

GaryL

·
Registered
8,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Do you need the headlight bucket or just the headlight assembly? I have the assembly off my 70 ct90. Also a good used seat. The www.dratv.com has all those parts new for a very reasonable prices...
Thanks CaptainK. Wish I could say what I need because I have the chrome ring for the bucket with what appears to be the rear end of the light itself with a very large bulb but no front lens. It looks like it should take a sealed beam headlight but it could be a 2 or 3 piece ordeal with a replaceable front lens, bulb and the rear reflector that probably requires a rubber gasket. I will check to see if the bulb works today and see if or what parts are missing. I have been at the dratv site but not knowing what to look for is the hard part now until I get the bike in the shop and start the clean up.

GaryL

·
Registered
8,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
One on cl wichita for three hundred bucks.
Thanks JT. I looked at that one in Wichita you mentioned and it is a 1969 and pretty roached I think. Here is the hard part. I am very familiar with the TWs and what parts from what years are interchangeable but I know very little about these trail 90s. I feel like a noob all over again. I guess mine is a K2 model and the 1969 might be either a K1 or a K0. Like the TW I am pretty sure some parts fit different years while others don't.
I am searching for the Clymer repair manual but have not found it yet and wish I could find a good link to all the parts schematics like we have for our TWs.

GaryL

·
Registered
435 Posts
GaryL, The 69 has a lot of 1 year only parts so in turn there valuable in that sense, air box and headlight/speedo to name a couple. You can go on most dealer sites to get schematics of CT's. Here's a helpful site but pictures are gone I guess. Click on Gallery for a rundown on parts difference and other helpful info.

http://ct90-ct110.com/

Just click on part you need.
http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Honda/Motorcycle/Models+with+no+year/CT90K1+A/parts.html

Don't care for Partzilla but if you want schematics there you go.

·
Registered
8,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
GaryL, The 69 has a lot of 1 year only parts so in turn there valuable in that sense, air box and headlight/speedo to name a couple. You can go on most dealer sites to get schematics of CT's. Here's a helpful site but pictures are gone I guess. Click on Gallery for a rundown on parts difference and other helpful info.

| Welcome to the CT90-CT110 Web Site

Models with no year CT90K1 A Honda Motorcycle Parts

Thanks Tuna, great resources. I am going to the Rice O Rama swap meet on Sunday to see what parts I can locate. Should meet up with SmittyBlackstone up there and maybe some other T dubbers.

GaryL

·
Registered
8,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Went to the Rice-O-Rama swap meet on Sunday and met up with Smitty. Very interesting show and a good turn out on a real nice day.

My critique of this swap meet is a bit negative but it was a learning experience for me. I am sure I passed by a lot of CT90 parts I could have bought and need however most of these vendors don't have a clue what they have or what bikes the parts fit. Mostly just big plastic crates full of take off parts or tarps spread out with all sorts of unmarked and unlabeled stuff. If I knew that would be the case I would have brought the bad parts I need to replace so I could match them against good usable parts when I found them. I bought one item that ended up being the wrong part for my bike which I determined by matching it to a CT90 Smitty had. It sure was close but just not right.

We had a nice time anyway at the meet and some of the bikes I saw brought back fond memories of those same bikes I once had. Not one Hodaka in the entire show that I saw but a few Bultaco's and a couple decent H2 Kawasaki 750 triples. The stuff was certainly there but I will know much better now the next time I go searching for needed parts to bring the ones I need to match up against. They did have a large building that had a bunch of the top bikes on display inside but I couldn't go in with the dog on a leash so I probably missed the best of the show displays. I was really hoping to find the drivers foot peg assembly with the side stand and the right headlight but no good since I did not have the bad ones with me to match.

GaryL

·
Registered
8,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

| Welcome to the CT90-CT110 Web Site

Models with no year CT90K1 A Honda Motorcycle Parts

How were you able to pull up schematics back that far when all I can get is back to 1974?

GaryL

1 - 19 of 19 Posts