TW200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
did this work.JPG Just curious how long somebody has kept a bike? and do you still own it? I have only one long term survivor a 1973 cl 175 honda scrambler, I got it in 1979 and it is still going. I would like to know if you still ride it to..and a pic would be great!

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
MY 2005 BMW GS that I bought new is my longest ownership of a bike. It has 86,500k miles on it. Before that was a new 85 V-Max that I sold in 92.

Here is a vid of GS several years ago

Reactions: 66roadkill66

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I rode a '73 Harley FX Superglide for 14 years, that's the longest I've kept a bike.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
like most there are a few bikes I wish I would have kept, I had a 77ct90 with only 100 miles on it in 88 bought for 150 bucks, 83 xl 185 in 96 had only 600 miles on it was like new. young and dumb sold them to get bigger cc bikes, then sold them to.... never satisfied.(until the tw)

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
My 1984 Harley Softail, first year of the evo motor. I put 52,000 miles on it and sold it for $500 more than my original purchase price. I wish I kept that one. I also wish I kept my 1961 Panhead.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have a 1968 Suzuki TC250 better known as an X-6 or Hustler that I bought new in May of 1968. I last rode it in August of 2008 - but it would start with a bit of tinkering and a tank of gasoline. It will be 46 years old in May of 2014. I still have the bill of sale too. tc250-2.jpg
This was taken running around the hills at the Blackhills Classic Rally in Sturgis in 1996

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I have a 1968 Suzuki TC250 better known as an X-6 or Hustler that I bought new in May of 1968. I last rode in in August of 2008 - but it would start with a bit of tinkering and a tank of gasoline. It will be 46 years old in May of 2014. I still have the bill of sale too.
I had a '66 X6 Hustler for a year or so. That was quite a bike for it's time. I always thought it started the "go fast" race that led to the H2 750 Kaw. Good to see someone still has one that runs.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I've bought and sold so many bikes over the years its kind of embarrassing. However, my fickle streak ends with the TW. I love this bike!
OK I will come clean, my family owned a wrecking yard for 60 years so I had access to a lot of bikes(salvage sales and customers bringing them in to sell) so at one time my dad and I had around 150 bikes , some wrecked some not, I repaired and sold many many bikes but rode them all. I got the cl that way but put so much work in it could not let go of it. Cars and trucks the same way I have had around 300 myself. keep in mind I was not a dealer either. people tell me I have a problem but I just like to tinker. I have put a lot of work in the tw and will be keeping it, the only thought now is to buy a couple more of them.:) still between my dad and I we still have around 30 bikes. My dad is getting up there in age and does not ride much anymore though, so I ride and maintain his bikes and mine.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Does a J.C. Higgins count? I'm the second owner. Had it for 45 years. She's a 26", two speed coaster with a knee-action front spring. I do wish I understood the value of this bike when I first owned it. I've made some choices that would really put me on a quest to search for parts to fully restore it. In its original state, it looked just like this. http://www.nostalgic.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/53922flightliner1079-400x284.jpg

I really need to refinish it if the rust can't be polished off of the chrome.

Did I mention that I'm new to motorcycles?

·
Registered
90 Posts
26 motorcycles over 30-ish years, never kept any of them for more than 3 years except a 1988 Honda Hawk that I had from '88 to 2006.
Probably should have kept it but my knees just would not stand that bend anymore.
image.jpg

1 - 18 of 18 Posts