TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Super Moderator
I had one of the 110's. Pretty cool little bike, I think it only went about 40 mph tops. It was near mint condition when I got it and 2 years later made a cool little profit on it when I sold it. Everyone stopped me and asked about it and wanted to buy it almost everytime I rode it. The kids loved it. I dragged those kids around in the winter on sleds and snow saucers and rest of the year they wanted me to tow them while they used their inline skates. :eek: (at 35 or 40 mph)

Registered
Have a 66 ct 200? I think that's what it was called in the early years, I don't know when they started calling them the ct 90, sold my 69 last year, sill have 3 or 4 parts ct 90's, fun little bikes.

Registered
Aw Brian, don't stoke that CT-90 fire that's been smoldering under my butt for all these months! This thread is going to be bad for me :).

The couple I've seen that passed my cost/benefit analyses have been scooped up before I could get to them, then I had to go buy a fixer-upper house and get all distracted. I'll make it to the "I have one!" club one of these days.

Registered
Hi all,
Honda 90's are fun, seemingly can run forever on a tank of gas, and if you have the spare tank, you CAN run forever!
I had 5 on hand at one time, now I have none. BUT that being said, I believe I will like my TW200 better.
Different strokes for different folks, as the saying goes...

Registered
Checking in! :) fiancees first bike and the engine goes in this weekend! Really cool looking bike. Wish I could have found it in more colors, but for $400, it was just too good. Excited to see what she does!

Registered
my second bike was just like brian's, a 68 ct90. thing was like a mountain goat, it would climb anything.

my newer one, a 1979.
in it's glory:

and where it's been relegated since i got my t-dub; in the background. still a great bike and i see my son riding it in a few years.

Registered
I've owned a couple, and presently own a Super 90 (street).

Friend of mine has a CT for sale here in the Ozarks.

Registered
TW-Brian, that is a beauty of an early CT90. There was a vast improvement when they went to the tube forks. The CT90's were a stand alone in the world of small motorcycles, especially with the two speed transmissions and there durability. I still have one of the CT90 with the knuckle front suspension and two 1979's.
Mel

Registered
I had a Honda Trail 55. The smaller cousin of the CT 90. It served me well in 1967 and 1968! I sold it for just what I bought it for: $75!

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
TW-Brian, that is a beauty of an early CT90. There was a vast improvement when they went to the tube forks. The CT90's were a stand alone in the world of small motorcycles, especially with the two speed transmissions and there durability. I still have one of the CT90 with the knuckle front suspension and two 1979's.
Mel
Thanks Mel, but the pictures make it look nicer than it really is.

Unfortunately, I do not have a title for it so I am currently trying to sell it rather than go through the DMV brain death to get it registered.

Registered
Thanks Mel, but the pictures make it look nicer than it really is.

Unfortunately, I do not have a title for it so I am currently trying to sell it rather than go through the DMV brain death to get it registered.
Try the Vermont thing that's all the rage right now, You may be able to get a title for it without much trouble at all.

Registered
Brian, is there still a Calif plate on the bike? Maybe we could run the vin and see if it is still in the DMV system. If it isn't in the DMV, there are some possibilities.
Mel

Registered
Yup, me too! My first bike, 1967. I only had it for a few months, succumbed to "keeping up with the Joneses" disease.....:mad: Sure wish I had mothballed it.

Registered
My trail 90 i bought when i was 16 in 1965. To shift from high to low you had to move a larger sprocket and bolt it to the main one. Then add a extra peace of chain.

Registered
i almost bought one back in the fall .it was on kijiji for $1800 ,it was a complete full restoration it looked like it was brand new in a showroom ,i didn't have the heart to take somthing like that and beat it on the trails so igot the 09 tw instead it suits my purpose better ,but it sure brought back some good memories of the 60's,a buddy had one and another had the little 50 honda that looked like a scooter we had ablast playing with them,you could almost hear the beachboys when you drove them,haha.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts