TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I road pass a tw in the back of a pick up Saturday morning. I know I've seen it before. It had a road runner sticker on the tank. I pulled up and beeped and gave a thumbs up but they looked at me like i was nuts. Then my wife caked me an idiot or something

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Dave, just like I told you when we talked 2 weeks ago on the phone. There are 3 or 4 State Forests down in the Pine Barrens, which all connect, making 1 Huge area to ride. All of it is legal to ride. Just 1 of the State Forests is named Wharton State Forest. This 1 alone, is just over 100,000 acres loaded with 800 plus miles of fire roads and trails to ride. There are 2 others on top of that. Brendan Byrne State Forest, Greenwood Forest, and 1 or 2 others but can't remember the names right now. Click the links in my signature if you haven't already to get an idea what they're like. I have friends that lived down there and rode every weekend for over 10 years, and still haven't hit every trail or fire road. It's a freakin "Huge" area. Lots of stuff and sights to see as well. It's really hard to believe your in NJ while there. Feels like your in a different country it feels so vast and remote, but your not. The pine trees, and sandy terrain make it different than north NJ, NY, and PA woodland. That's why it feels like your away somewhere.

This is the Pine Barrens, and you can ride all of it....:)

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Forgot to say. That's only the documented and mapped fire roads and trails. There are at least half that amount, that aren't. Mostly single track.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Wharton is great...used to camp there well before I got a TW. lots of guys ride there, used to be only bikes before quads came out. I remember some trails firm enough for street bikes

1 - 14 of 14 Posts