TW200 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The more I see and read regarding this neighboring country it becomes more and more apparent there must be a sign at the southern border which reads ONE WAY in Spanish with an arrow pointing north toward the US.

Face the facts that we know are true. If an American citizen wanders in to Mexico without the proper papers that American can find himself in a heap of trouble with laws that only seem to pertain to Americans. From the southern border of Mexico it seems as though anyone from any country can walk right across, see that ON WAY sign pointing north and have free access through the entire country all the way to the US and no official will hassle them at all.

Coming to a town near us all is a bus load of minor children who did exactly that and entered our country through Mexico and they are now our problem to deal with. Along with them there were of course all sorts of other thugs, criminals, terrorists and you name it who also walked right through that great neighbor country and right in to ours. We have no border and we have no protection from those who mean us harm. Mexico has a very strict immigration law but it is only enforced against American citizens. In fact, almost every other country takes a very dim view of illegal immigration at their own borders but as long as you say you are going to the USA and are not already a US citizen, they pass you right through.

Well, Well, Well, we do have some honest to God idiots in Washington who are more concerned with their next election than they are with this great country who is paying their salary.

I say, Line up the buses. I will volunteer to drive one and take the kids, teens, adults, criminals and terrorists right back into Mexico from where they came and drop them off. Sure I feel sorry for their plight but they don't seem to want to fix their own rotten countries and would rather drag ours down to a similar status.

Meanwhile, with all of this going on plus a dozen other major world issues and fires to be fought our Congress is about to take a 5 week vacation and our President, as soon as he gets in a few more rounds of golf is heading to Martha's Vinyard for three weeks of R&R on our dimes and lots of them.

You can certainly call this a political rant and get no argument from me. As American citizens all these issues will have a very serious effect on every one of us and sticking your head in a hole will do nothing to save you unless that hole is behind a curtain in a voting booth this November and again in 2016.

GaryL

·
Registered
197 Posts
The more I see and read regarding this neighboring country it becomes more and more apparent there must be a sign at the southern border which reads ONE WAY in Spanish with an arrow pointing north toward the US.

Face the facts that we know are true. If an American citizen wanders in to Mexico without the proper papers that American can find himself in a heap of trouble with laws that only seem to pertain to Americans. From the southern border of Mexico it seems as though anyone from any country can walk right across, see that ON WAY sign pointing north and have free access through the entire country all the way to the US and no official will hassle them at all.

Coming to a town near us all is a bus load of minor children who did exactly that and entered our country through Mexico and they are now our problem to deal with. Along with them there were of course all sorts of other thugs, criminals, terrorists and you name it who also walked right through that great neighbor country and right in to ours. We have no border and we have no protection from those who mean us harm. Mexico has a very strict immigration law but it is only enforced against American citizens. In fact, almost every other country takes a very dim view of illegal immigration at their own borders but as long as you say you are going to the USA and are not already a US citizen, they pass you right through.

Well, Well, Well, we do have some honest to God idiots in Washington who are more concerned with their next election than they are with this great country who is paying their salary.

I say, Line up the buses. I will volunteer to drive one and take the kids, teens, adults, criminals and terrorists right back into Mexico from where they came and drop them off. Sure I feel sorry for their plight but they don't seem to want to fix their own rotten countries and would rather drag ours down to a similar status.

Meanwhile, with all of this going on plus a dozen other major world issues and fires to be fought our Congress is about to take a 5 week vacation and our President, as soon as he gets in a few more rounds of golf is heading to Martha's Vinyard for three weeks of R&R on our dimes and lots of them.

You can certainly call this a political rant and get no argument from me. As American citizens all these issues will have a very serious effect on every one of us and sticking your head in a hole will do nothing to save you unless that hole is behind a curtain in a voting booth this November and again in 2016.

GaryL
Yes, assuming there is a someone worth voting for. The election is bought with our tax money. Everyone who is milking a warm government teat will vote to keep that teat warm. It's pretty simple actually. Few people are patriotic enough to vote against their own subsidy.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
We should be shooting those who are capable of taking care of themselves but instead steal from the rest of us, whether directly or indirectly by voting for politicians who allow the IRS to steal our property for redistribution.

We should use the military to secure (not close) the border. Live ammo, without prejudice. This is not a kindergarten. We cannot all "just get along." Sounds harsh, but that's they way it has always been, and since we are allowing the exact same things that brought about the ends of other great republics, we are ending our own. To do the same and expect a different outcome is insanity. The founders knew this from their studies of history. Our happily deluded yuppies and their larva won't realize the errors of their ways until the blood starts flowing, and maybe not then, but at this point, it is probably already too late.

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

Yes, assuming there is a someone worth voting for. The election is bought with our tax money. Everyone who is milking a warm government teat will vote to keep that teat warm. It's pretty simple actually. Few people are patriotic enough to vote against their own subsidy.
Sadly Fielding, I think both you and I are right about this. That's where we all have to come together and stop this insanity that qwerty speaks of above. Far too many of us long time voters have simply given up because it makes so little difference to do our rightful duty on election day. BS! We have to change that attitude with those who can vote but don't. This comes from within and from all of us. Talk with your friends, your family and co workers and even with those right here who are sick and tired of watching our country be sold out from under us to the highest bidders.

Not for nothing but Democrats have been in control of this country for the most part for more than 50 years now. Look where that has brought us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Liberal asswipes should just stay home on election days so we can keep them in a country where they still have a few rights and can continue their relentless crying and complaining. They can't see the error of their ways but it is all right out here in black and white and we are swirling around in a toilet bowl cesspool they have created. If anyone here thinks for one minute that Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi or Hillary have done anything good for this country, they deserve all that we have lost. You are all welcome to call me out, bring it on but come prepared and tell me what it is that these 3 bozos have done that made America any better. Match that against their bank accounts that have blossomed to many millions at our expense while they had government jobs for most of their adult lives. Can you hear me now?

GaryL

·
Registered
43 Posts
As the guy that kicked off the "political rant thread", I will comment on this one. Disclaimer, my family has lived in southern arizona since 1880. I have lived in alaska for the last 33 years, but visit AZ frequently.

The history of the current hispanic invasion really starts back in the 60's when cesar chavez of the american farm workers union got the Federal Bracero program closed down. The bracero program allowed mexican agricultural workers to come to the states, work legally, and RETURN to mexico with all their money. It has been a catastrophe for the border states since then. Arizona in particular has been hammered for the last 40 or so years, the democrats wanted everybody to come in, the repubs liked the cheap labor. Nothing was done. Eventually it was not agricultural workers, but construction workers that came in. They were skilled hard workers that built phoenix and las veges etc. . Along the way things changed. When I was young, the poor bastard at your rural door had just walked a thousand miles across the desert and all they wanted was a drink of water, maybe some food and some work. They were great people individually, in general there was very little trouble or crime out of them (disclaimer #2 I am in the security business) . That changed of course.

The coyotes got people across the border, but blackmailed them for years with threats to turn them into the law. Then the dope business got more invasive and serious. If you cruise the border now, it is like a light infantry division on manoeuvers, all border patrol. Headed north from Nogales to Tucson, the hiway signs are in spanish, which irritates me. Certainly there are no regulatory signs in mexico in english.

The anchor baby gig is also of concern, we are the only country in the world that a child born here is a citizen, and can bring in all of their family. Many pregnant women come here for that exact reason. The demographics of southern AZ has changed markedly over the years. I make no judgement here about that, you can decide for your self. However, we have had several amnesty laws, they did not solve the problem. I am NOT in favor of another one. My opinion is if you are here illegally, you have committed a felony and we do not accept felons as new citizens. rw

·
Registered
803 Posts
Tell me of another country where the poor and oppressed are willing to give it their all to come? I thought not. We are America. We are the only nation on this planet that was formulated by people fleeing their government's tyranny. Honor your forefathers by opening your borders to those who are in the same situation as those who came and settled this land. These are not the dead beats that peddle their drugs in our inner cities, these are people who are looking for a better life for their children by kissing them good bye and sending them thousands of miles away to a foreign land because of our nation's reputation of humanitarian assistance.

For God's SAKE! These are children! Can you try for even a second to put yourself in the mother's shoes who packed up their little child and spent every dime of their life savings on the hope and prayer that they might have a chance at living??!!! Try it. Close your eyes and imagine a life so horrible that you would send YOUR child or grand child on such a journey.

I think what a shame it is that there is even ONE American who can't open up their heart and home to such as one of these. In a minute I would take in a child who was put into such a condition. Imagine their fear. I raised my kids and I have grandkids. How I would tear my heart out if the best chance for my grand son was, at age 9 years old, send him to another country because things were so bad in my own that it would be their only hope.

Instead of BITCHING about what this means to YOU, give just a moment's thought about what had to have gone into their decision to send a child to America this way. As you sit in your living room tonight, eating a fine, hot meal and watching a large screen TV in HD, with your AC running and a fine warm and clean bed waiting for you, with a fridge filled with fresh food, with 2 cars and a TW200 in your garage, think for a minute about the hard choices these folks are faced with that the best decision for them is to pray to God that an American will put down their fork and their remote control long enough to give a SHIT about their child.

My heart breaks for these children and again for those who are so selfish as to claim to be willing to drive the bus back to the border to leave these people who are asking for a little mercy, a little kindness. I hope God is more merciful than you when he asks what did you do for the children of the world who were suffering.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Good it is settled we will send them to Placerville, California!

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
And you can watch you neighborhood go to shit fast, crime rate go sky high, DUI go up, Police officer's getting shot left and right. and the emergency rooms filled to capacity. I have lived in ARIZONA for over 50 years and we our tired of it!

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Tell me of another country where the poor and oppressed are willing to give it their all to come? I thought not. We are America. We are the only nation on this planet that was formulated by people fleeing their government's tyranny. Honor your forefathers by opening your borders to those who are in the same situation as those who came and settled this land. These are not the dead beats that peddle their drugs in our inner cities, these are people who are looking for a better life for their children by kissing them good bye and sending them thousands of miles away to a foreign land because of our nation's reputation of humanitarian assistance.

For God's SAKE! These are children! Can you try for even a second to put yourself in the mother's shoes who packed up their little child and spent every dime of their life savings on the hope and prayer that they might have a chance at living??!!! Try it. Close your eyes and imagine a life so horrible that you would send YOUR child or grand child on such a journey.

I think what a shame it is that there is even ONE American who can't open up their heart and home to such as one of these. In a minute I would take in a child who was put into such a condition. Imagine their fear. I raised my kids and I have grandkids. How I would tear my heart out if the best chance for my grand son was, at age 9 years old, send him to another country because things were so bad in my own that it would be their only hope.

Instead of BITCHING about what this means to YOU, give just a moment's thought about what had to have gone into their decision to send a child to America this way. As you sit in your living room tonight, eating a fine, hot meal and watching a large screen TV in HD, with your AC running and a fine warm and clean bed waiting for you, with a fridge filled with fresh food, with 2 cars and a TW200 in your garage, think for a minute about the hard choices these folks are faced with that the best decision for them is to pray to God that an American will put down their fork and their remote control long enough to give a SHIT about their child.

My heart breaks for these children and again for those who are so selfish as to claim to be willing to drive the bus back to the border to leave these people who are asking for a little mercy, a little kindness. I hope God is more merciful than you when he asks what did you do for the children of the world who were suffering.
Yep, they are really "Children"...most 15-20 years old and of the Gang Banger Age...without immunizations and bringing in every freaking disease, crime, and sucking up the dwindling resources we have...Yep, send them to Mexifornia, and let that wayward state, once it leaves the union, take care of em'. We may have a heart, but with attitudes like yours we will be just another 3rd world craphole, like they are in less than a decade....

And my apology is in order to all the good people on this forum from California....like Ohio or any other state, we are no better than the idiots we vote to office, and trust me, The Buckeye State has it's share as well, but we are only 11 million as compared to the 30 million in the diamond of the Left Coast...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,344 Posts

What you are pleading for is compassion. A very noble thing indeed. However, this nation has tried governing with compassion instead of intellect and it makes for very poor policy. Let us never have cold hearts for the children who are being used as pawns. Also let us not be fooled into thinking that "the plight of the children" was anything other than exactly the response this government hoped for. Sad but true.

Tom

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

So ski pro, tell us all exactly how many you have opened your doors to? I love your bleeding heart bent on saving the world but get real. No country in this world would allow this invasion and I don't care if it is woman, children or any other illegal trespasser. We are a nation founded on laws and these invaders are breaking every one of them with our illustrious leaders consent.

Don't for one minute get me wrong. I do feel for the innocents among them. That is just not the point. Fleeing ones country to escape the tyranny rather than staying to fight it is a cowards way out. We want to maintain ours and if fighting to do so is what it takes then so it shall be. We fought to make it back in the 1700s and have been fighting to keep it ever since.

Sadly, there are far too many who just don't get it and feel as you do. We are almost 18 trillion dollars in debt to all those others countries who would shoot them on sight! We can't protect our own borders yet we send billions of borrowed dollars to other countries to protect their own borders.

Please feel free to tell us when you are going to pull your head out of your own ass and wake up to reality. We simply cannot continue on the path we are on and No, these are not all innocent children who mean this nation no harm. I am thinking if you owned land along the TX, AZ border you would be singing a far different tune.

I closed my carpentry business because I just can't compete with others who have 16 Illegal Mexican laborers willing to work for next to nothing. They sure do a good job but my local newspaper is filled every day with foreign, mostly Latino names of those picked up by law enforcement for every crime under the sun. I'll be happy to send you a weeks worth of my local police blotters.

Sorry Ski Pro, I can't rescue all the stray dogs from my local ASPCA and I sure can't rescue every kid. Keep in mind that Obama does not have one red cent he did not first Rob from me and my own kids and grand kids.

So, how many did you take?

GaryL

·
Registered
803 Posts
This government has nothing to do with 10's of thousands of kids being sent by their parents to America. Can this administration capitalize on the situation? I'm sure they could, but that is no excuse to do anything less than the best we can for these children.
My bet is these kids would appreciate the 'hand outs' our government will endow them with. Can a kid in Detroit say the same? What about the anarchy we saw at the stadium when Katrina hit New Orleans? My bet is these kids will grow up knowing that the blessings our nation have shown them are to be appreciated. Will native born American kids acknowledge their blessings, or will they demand more and more and more? I'll take a hard working illegal who is willing to do what it takes to make it in America over a native born who expects handouts for the rest of their lives.

As far as taking in these kids, I imagine that the ones that make to NY are gonna really wonder how much mom loved them when winter hits. Remember, they come from the tropics. Never seen freezing temps let alone snow.

·
Registered
803 Posts
So ski pro, tell us all exactly how many you have opened your doors to?
I've hosted so many kids over my adult life, I'd have to work at counting them all. At least a dozen.
We are a nation founded on laws and these invaders are breaking every one of them with our illustrious leaders consent.
No we aren't. We are a nation founded on traitors. Our founding fathers knew when they signed the declaration of independence, that they would be hanged if caught. This was British soil and these men were going to revolt and try to break away. Both before AND after the revolution, WE were the invaders. Ask the Native Americans who the invaders were. We, the current American population are the progeny of invaders of the bloodiest type.

Don't for one minute get me wrong. I do feel for the innocents among them. That is just not the point. Fleeing ones country to escape the tyranny rather than staying to fight it is a cowards way out.
Cowards. Really. An 8 year-old who's mother sent him off to America is a coward? You must be drinking this evening... You say you feel for the innocents but that's not the point. Oh boy! Unless, of course, it was your child and it was you in the situation. Sure hope you get down on your knees every night and thank God above for the good fortune to be born in the USA because it was just sheer luck that you are here and not one of these kids.

We want to maintain ours and if fighting to do so is what it takes then so it shall be. We fought to make it back in the 1700s and have been fighting to keep it ever since.
sorry, you don't get to re-write American history. We didn't fight to 'maintain' ours in the 1700's, we fought to overthrow the legal government of the land at the time. This was a war of rebels who happen to win their war over their government. You say you want to maintain yours. Great. Now that you have it, what are going to do with it? Hord it? Classic 1%er. You are angry because you have so much to loose. They have nothing. Not a dime. And yet, they come to America.
Say, you live in NY, why don't you go out to the Statue of Liberty and tell me what it says? Wait, I'll save you the trouble;
“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.”

Sadly, there are far too many who just don't get it and feel as you do.
I get it alright, in your own words; I have mine and to hell with everyone else including going to war if that's what it takes. What selfishness; without compassion and without empathy.

Please feel free to tell us when you are going to pull your head out of your own ass and wake up to reality. We simply cannot continue on the path we are on and No, these are not all innocent children who mean this nation no harm. I am thinking if you owned land along the TX, AZ border you would be singing a far different tune.
I see enough right here in California. Why TX and AZ think they have the sole burden of refugees coming to America I do not know.
Why don't you go on about the Hmong or any other ethic group our country has opened it's doors to for asylum?

BTW, I'm a dyed in the wool Republican. I hate everything about Poleski, Boxer, and the rest. I worked hard for well over 30 years and saved by LBYM philosophy to make it to where I am today financially. I served our country in the military in 3 theaters and several remote tours, as well, without my family. I didn't do this to protect MY assets, but to protect a way of life that says ALL men are created equal. Not just Americans, but that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

You either forgot or worse; never knew what it means to be an American. You learned to be so totally self serving that no one had better, no matter how trivially, get in your way or reduce your vast glut of wealth or you will threaten them with death.

I'm too disgusted with you can't continue. Good night and I truly hope God continues to bless you so richly but opens your eyes to the fact there is a large population out there that needs our help and compassion because they were not so fortunate.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
This government has nothing to do with 10's of thousands of kids being sent by their parents to America. Can this administration capitalize on the situation? I'm sure they could, but that is no excuse to do anything less than the best we can for these children.
My bet is these kids would appreciate the 'hand outs' our government will endow them with. Can a kid in Detroit say the same? What about the anarchy we saw at the stadium when Katrina hit New Orleans? My bet is these kids will grow up knowing that the blessings our nation have shown them are to be appreciated. Will native born American kids acknowledge their blessings, or will they demand more and more and more? I'll take a hard working illegal who is willing to do what it takes to make it in America over a native born who expects handouts for the rest of their lives.

As far as taking in these kids, I imagine that the ones that make to NY are gonna really wonder how much mom loved them when winter hits. Remember, they come from the tropics. Never seen freezing temps let alone snow.
First and foremost, thank you for your service to our country.

PLEASE let's not let this discussion die! You state that you would bet these children will grow to appreciate everything "this government" will endow them with? This is the topic I would like to explore. In order to continue we must first figure out where the money is going to come from to care for these kids when we have millions of our OWN children starving? Well tax dollars are the only dollars our government has unless it continues to borrow or print money. When I look at the dollars I earn and then spend here in NY I pay over 65% of ALL of my earnings on taxes. Still children starve. Maybe 75% would help? I doubt that. Our government simply can not be trusted to be good stewards of money they did nothing to earn. I am sure you do not need me to list examples of governments wasteful spending?

If we allow these children to stay in our country illegally this is what I see as the outcome. The Democrats will make great hay about how compassionate their side is and how cold hearted the Republicans are. The media will advance that narrative gleefully. Within months there will be no more political advantage to be had and these children will be dumped into whatever states will have them. After a year or maybe two the states that took federal dollars to care for these kids will see that aid dry up and will be forced to care for them on their own. These children will be dumped into the foster care system and forgotten about because there are new truckloads of children that the politicians can use as pawns. These children will, by and large, grow up poor. They will be educated in our public schools to hate America. They will be trained in these schools to believe that in order to be wealthy you must first steal that wealth from someone else. They will be taught that religion is OK so longs as you never speak about it publicly. They will be taught that wealth and comfort are killing our planet and that it is unfair to the poorer nations because they do not have the same wealth and comfort. The schools will ignore the fact that the leaders of these poor nations will have vast amounts of wealth and privilege that they keep from their people through tyranny. They will be trained to be good bleeding heart Democrat voters!

In just a few short years my friend there will be no more adults in charge. Nobody to make the tough choices for what is in our countries best interest. We will be dragged into mediocrity and then we will not have the resources to help anybody that is suffering. There is no more generous a nation on this planet! I challenge anybody that doubts that to prove it wrong! We willingly send our money to people in need all over this planet both through our tax dollars and through personal charitable donations. We are still painted as a nation of greedy "Americans". You just did this with Gary. I find it strange that one of the very first things the current administration did when they assumed power was to reduce the amount of charitable contributions we could claim on our taxes. Could it be that the only good charity is the one dictated to us by our brilliant leaders?

I guess all I am trying to say is lets not be fooled by our governments intentions. It is now and has for the last 50 years been all about control. God bless these people who have been used as pawns. Help them if you can and your heart moves you to. Then send them back to their countries with new clothes, full bellies, and the desire to build their own country into someplace special. We need to get our own house in order first.

Tom

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Can I have a Big Salute....how about taking another dozen that have set up shop in some fu**king slum parlor next to my house....?
I've hosted so many kids over my adult life, I'd have to work at counting them all. At least a dozen.

No we aren't. We are a nation founded on traitors. Our founding fathers knew when they signed the declaration of independence, that they would be hanged if caught. This was British soil and these men were going to revolt and try to break away. Both before AND after the revolution, WE were the invaders. Ask the Native Americans who the invaders were. We, the current American population are the progeny of invaders of the bloodiest type. "Spare me....the savages of the old west came in all forms, the Native Americans were a guilty as the rest, who did they run off? Talk about revisionist history

Cowards. Really. An 8 year-old who's mother sent him off to America is a coward? Show me the damn 8 year olds in numbers and compared to the number of 15+...quit drinking the MSNBC;/CNN HuffBlow Kool Aid You must be drinking this evening... Looks like your are the one drinking, the Media Juice...You say you feel for the innocents but that's not the point. Oh boy! Unless, of course, it was your child and it was you in the situation. Sure hope you get down on your knees every night and thank God above for the good fortune to be born in the USA because it was just sheer luck that you are here and not one of these kids.

sorry, you don't get to re-write American history. But it appears that's what you want to do///

Great. Now that you have it, what are going to do with it? Spend it or leave it to my family, not the fu**ing corrupt Government to hand out to freeloaders....

BTW, I'm a dyed in the wool Republican...... aka RINO Not just Americans, but that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights. that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.You mean the money and property the rest of us worked for all our lives?...sorry, that isn't going to happen without a boatload of Blood being spilled

You either forgot or worse; never knew what it means to be an American....Borders, laws, borders, laws, guess you forgot that part of being an American....and I served as well, including that shithole called Vietnam, so idiots could speak, but not so freeloaders could invade our country without being fried upon. ...

·
Registered
493 Posts
I agree that the government as we know it is not working for anyone but themselves. I no longer feel the there is any real concern for the constituency. In fact very much the opposite. I differ with you in that I don't think that anyone elected in November 2016 is gong to change this.

I have really allied myself with the democratic view for a lot of years. Now days no political part represents us the people. The system is broke. The NSA is collecting data on the citizens while the folks at the top abuse the laws and are never touched. They seek power through the corporations that support them to the demise of everything else.

I feel your frustration. However, I don't think that bus you drive is going to much matter. There are more problems internal to the country and the immigration from the south is just a drop in the bucket.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
^^^^ What Stephen Sez.....Right leaning like me, or Left Leaning, anybody that thinks either one of the Major Parties is looking out for them and their wants, needs, views, is a fool....The Political Class, regardless of stated leanings, are just a group of Lawyers, controlled by Wall Street and Big Unions, all with the aim of Power and Control over us mere mortals....

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote, Ski Pro3, "I'm too disgusted with you can't continue." Thanks for that because it appears we have both been drinking tonight. Me with a beer and you with your Kool Aid.

GaryL

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
[h=3]This say's it all....

The Parable of the Good Samaritan[/h]Luke 10:25-37New International Version (NIV)
[SUP]25 [/SUP]On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”
[SUP]26 [/SUP]“What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”
[SUP]27 [/SUP]He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’[SUP][a][/SUP]; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[SUP][b][/SUP]”
[SUP]28 [/SUP]“You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”
[SUP]29 [/SUP]But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”
[SUP]30 [/SUP]In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. [SUP]31 [/SUP]A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. [SUP]32 [/SUP]So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. [SUP]33 [/SUP]But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. [SUP]34 [/SUP]He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. [SUP]35 [/SUP]The next day he took out two denarii[SUP][c][/SUP] and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’
[SUP]36 [/SUP]“Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”
[SUP]37 [/SUP]The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.”
Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.”

·
Registered
43 Posts
All countries make choices regarding new folks moving in. While we can afford a certain number of "humanitarian" immigrants, no society can afford to be flooded with them. I live in anchorage alaska, perhaps the most ethnically diverse city in the US. Our new citizens are mostly from the orient, they are really great potential citizens. They do NOT expect us to speak their language, learn english quickly, they work hard and send their children to college. In general they are not a draw on the local social service agencies. I work for the anchorage school district, we support 68 different languages (bi-lingual volunteers) to be able to talk with newly arrived parents and their children. We have target schools that specialize in different languages, less for native speakers new to town, more for parents that want their children to be multi-lingual. rw

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.