TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered some ultra 2 air mesh kevlar pants. I talked and emailed with the owner, Wayne, a couple of times; and they are in the making today. However, I also read today that many of his clothes arn't made right and if you complain he doesn't make it right. Do any of you own Motoport clothing? What was your expireience?

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
How about a link? I'd like to check them out please.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a Motoport 100% Kevlar mesh jacket and bibs with suspenders and I love them. If you look at the pictures of the recent Norcal tech day and ride you will see me wearing them on the ride. Hard to miss with the hi-vis reflecting tape on the arms, front and back. I found Wayne easy to deal with. He custom made them to fit and included some custom feature requests. Not inexpensive but quality stuff. Hope to never test the energy absorption but have confidence it would work.
What else would you like to know?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I too found Wayne to be patient and understanding. I was just wondering if anyone has had any bad expiriences with motoport. I had only seen positive reviews until today, when I found ones where people were complaining that the clothes didn't match the measurements provided, and that Wayne became very defensive when people complained of mistakes, and even that he made a few racial remarks to customers in Asia. I saw this on the ADV forum.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Thank you.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I got Motoport stuff years ago from a friend who started selling bike gear. I always had good luck with my jackets

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
I liked the air mesh jackets and also looks like he had reasonable priced winter gloves too.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I have a pair of Motoport Canyon pants. This is my 2nd pair. I wore the first pair out and also needed a little bigger size. I don't wear them much anymore but may use them on the TW. They are a waterproof padded, inside the boot pant well designed. Ive never used them as an over pant. For me they have been a day ride pant and not long distance. I prefer the Darien quick on/ off for traveling

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I just ordered some ultra 2 air mesh kevlar pants. I talked and emailed with the owner, Wayne, a couple of times; and they are in the making today. However, I also read today that many of his clothes arn't made right and if you complain he doesn't make it right. Do any of you own Motoport clothing? What was your expireience?

Tdubcruising,

Did you get your Motoport pants? If so, I would like to hear what you think of them. I have been thinking about getting a pair of Motoports for a long time since I can't find anything else that I like.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Kevlar is stronger then leather and cooler (Mesh). I have the a mesh jacket and stretch jacket and a pair of stretch pants. Make sure YOU do the measurements correctly,any questions CALL Wayne to ge it straightened out before they make the gear. It may ship quickly if you are a size they have on the rack already. Alot of folks get pissed at Wayne on return's because the person ordering did not measure correctly and we're too backward to call him and ask questions.Wayne will stay on the phone with you unitl it is resolved (measuring). Give a correct size,do not try and guess if the garment is going to be larger than expected or smaller AND,if you do want it a bit larger tell him!. Tell him what you typically wear under your gear or if you wear less in the summer vs. winter....it makes a BIG difference as to how the gear will fit!. Good luck I also have a pair of the Kevlar gloves....AWESOME.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Tdubcruising,

Did you get your Motoport pants? If so, I would like to hear what you think of them. I have been thinking about getting a pair of Motoports for a long time since I can't find anything else that I like.

??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts