TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Nice little 100 kms of putzing around north of town, around Lund, and going down roads I had never been down before...

Stayed on the named roads. No logging roads today. Map Estuary River delta Geological phenomenon Sound

·
Registered
905 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
A friend and I explored Texada Island for a short 25 hour "adventure" trip on Sat-Sun. He was on a DR200. We dropped off our camping equipment at Bob's lake and then explored the island for a bit. Little bikes rule on Texada.

I've been there several times by boat, car, truck and motorcycle, and I find something new every time. Texada is just dripping with history from the last 150 years of boom and bust mining with relics and roads everywhere. It is bisected N-S by powerlines, and E-W by a gas line. One of the tertiary logging roads we rode on had a bout 3" of moss on it for a few kilometres. Apparently it had been used in a while....

Didn't take a lot of photos. :(

·
Registered
905 Posts
Man,
Those are great pics. I love exploring stuff like that, especially if it ends up near water. Way cool, thanks for those. Maybe someday we'll get down to Texas to see some of that.
Scott
Ummmm. Texas is the wrong way. Head toward Seattle and then go a bit more. If you hit Alaska, you went too far. :)

·
Registered
905 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Finally rode the TW some today. Cold wet and miserable. Maybe 5°C. But rode a good 40kms with at least 30kms on singletrack or logging road. Hit the 5,000km mark on some singletrack.
So. Yay!

The TW is covered with dirt and mud and snuggled up to the Dakar, which is also covered with dirt and mud, inside a garage with a LandCruiser covered in dirt and mud.

·
Registered
905 Posts
11C, went out for a rip. (Give it 45 seconds before you turn it off).

Stoopid me went through a puddle (back East it might be considered a pond) which I know is deep, but it is a lot deeper (110cm) in the spring. (Yes I used metric units to piss off my american friends.)

So, I found out that my TCX drifter boots are waterproof until you get above the tops of them. Even if standing on the pegs. TW had a funny floating feeling when in deep water like that. Cool.

Lost a pivot bolt for my cheap ass chinese shorty front brake lever in said puddle. Ride home with only water saturated rear drum brake. Understand the squealing noise issue relatively well now.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Rode a bit in between our atmospheric river weather yesterday. 5C and cloudy. Battery was dead flat. Thank goodness for the kick start. I really should get around to putting in that LiFePo battery I bought months ago...

Maybe then I can install some grip heaters.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts