TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Finally got to Divide Peak, been trying to get there for a while. My suzuki DRZ broke down on that trail and it's the reason I even have a TW200, because I wanted a more simple and reliable motorcycle that could go anywhere. Some truly epic terrain for a TW200, I love surprising the 2 stroke guys on the trail. I've never seen another 4 stroke of any kind out there by the peak.

Attachments

·
Registered
528 Posts
Today was a work from home day so I had to take a break and get out there to test thew new seat concepts tall seat, and look for trails. Found some closed ones, but was nice just to be outside riding. Was a bit chilly for around here at 45 degrees. Loooooooved the seat. Much more comfortable and no fatigue at all. Easier to jump up on the pegs as well. Definitely loses some of that "I'm riding a fun tiny bike" feel but makes up for it with increased performance. I'm 6' tall for anyone wondering.

Attachments

·
Registered
528 Posts
I have some tendonitis in left shoulder, and I sleep on my stomach with that shoulder on a pillow, and my normal firm memory foam pillow vertical under my body so that my stomach and chest are supported as well, and then my hips are relaxed and have a bend in them. It's actually really comfortable. I also sleep in a lot of weird positions so I'm not sure how much value this is haha

·
Registered
528 Posts
Was beautiful weather today, and 48 degrees. After finishing working on the front and rear cases and re-organizing my adventure tool kit, I set out to check out a trail nearby. Ended up being very short and pretty boring but there was this massive fallen oak across the trail which was pretty cool. It looks like it was already dead and fell in a recent storm. I can't imagine how old it must have been. I had to lean the bike sideways to get under it, something I wouldn't have been able to do on either of my other bikes.

Love having my binoculars with me now in the front case, hopefully I did a good job and they hold up to the abuse I put this bike through. I'm sure I'll find out soon enough, more riding tomorrow!

Attachments

·
Registered
528 Posts
I took my TW out for the first time in about a week. It was cloudy and +3C (about 38F); I rode about maybe 40 minutes on quiet roads. I wore layers and was reasonably comfortable except for my hands. I gotta get me some electric gloves...
I encountered the same problem the other day, dressed well everywhere except for my hands, non-insulated gloves. I stopped for a bit and held my leather gloved hands on the clutch cover for a minute or two and they warmed up nicely!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Took a fun ride out to the next town over via dirt roads and trails. Conquered a few enduro trails that I'd never attempted on my other bikes, felt great. I love how light the TW is and easy to get out of a rut and just keep truckin! Got to test out my binocular box a lot and I absolutely love it. Spotted some european starlings, red tail hawks, red headed woodpeckers, lots of crows, turkey vultures, and western scrub jays. Even found some snow left over in the shade on the backside of the mountains. Found a little oval motocross style track with rut turns and was learning some of that.

Attachments

·
Registered
528 Posts
Local trail opened up so I went to check it out for the first time. Nothing too exciting, mostly just a dirt road leading to camping areas. Did manage to find one very overgrown enduro trail, wish I had brought my bushwackers!! Gorgeous views though! After the ride I took the highway to the nearby town. First time doing sustained 55+ on the bike, yikes that's a lot of vibrations. I might have to look into that 6th gear modification, possibly some bar weights and vibration dampening risers. It burned through my gas extremely fast too.

Went to the hardware store to pick up an assortment of metric screws, have 2 spare keys made for the bike, then went back via the other trail you see me post a lot.

Attachments

·
Registered
528 Posts
Nice pics DTM!!

Question......noticed you've angled your front rack downward....any reason for doing so? Perhaps contacted the ground when bike fell over?
It seemed to be creating a buffeting bubble in the front, and now I feel like the air hits me more naturally. But I also didn't care for it sticking out so far, and with the weight I've put on it I felt like it was pulling too much on the bars, so pulling the box in closer to the steering axis made it handle a little better. Also I think it's better aesthetically and will still operate in the same way I intend to use it. With all that said, it did contact the ground when the bike hit the ground, although I don't think it would have been a problem unless it hit a rock or something really hard. I'm trying to keep the bike as slim and small in profile as possible while still having the things I find essential. The aluminum bracket I made also has space reserved for the auxiliary light pods I'll be putting on soon.

Soooo a multi-faceted design change haha

·
Registered
528 Posts
Makes sense.....didn't even think to consider the aero with those on the front.
The main reason was really aesthetic, but once I noticed that weird air bubble at 50+ (didn't happen at lower speeds) I knew I'd change it. The other things are just perks. I think because I used a square box on the front it exacerbated the issue, if you had a sleeping bag or some round object up there it might not have been a problem at all.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Installed the new handguards, then rode to the carwash to wash the bike. Got a call from a fellow board member inviting me to supper with his family, so rode on over on the TW to enjoy their company & the food.

Got there first, and enjoyed watching the pissed off folks at me for taking up a parking spot waiting on the party to arrive to share my parking spot. :ROFLMAO:
There was a guy that would park his car on the street in front of my exes apartment, taking up 2 spots intentionally so nobody would park by him. My ex always had trouble finding parking there and it drove me crazy. So anytime I was visiting I'd park my bike right in front of his bumper and he would just stare at me angrily from his porch. If the space was open I'd park taking up both spots and then give one to her haha.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts