TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Yesterday I took a short ride over to a Moderator on a RV forum I frequent to help him install an aftermarket filter and water separator on his diesel truck. Another guy was there, who also was on the forum. He said he's got a TW200 as well and on this TW200 forum as well!! Small world. I can't remember his avatar name here, but he goes by Jim in person and BigFootFord on the RV forum.

Hi Jim! Hope you can make it to Moab! Let's do it!!

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Took a little ride yesterday after cleaning the garage because the weather was 72 degrees out. 72!!!! I can't tell ya how much I am willing to put up with in California for 70's in February. I stopped at McDonald's and got a vanilla shake and an order of fries, drove to the park down the street and just enjoyed soaking in the warm sunny rays. Life is good sometimes!

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Took a little ride yesterday morning through the wine country I live in. 50 mile loop and probably 50 wineries. Many were offering food, which they MUST do in order to open their tasting rooms. (Don't ask me, it's California!) Didn't stop to eat, I really don't wanna expose myself to others, but I did stop for a smoke under a bit of shade I shared with a dog catcher. Just this one photo of my bike I took to post on facebook so my wife knew where I was. (Took off before she awoke)

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Nice and cool and overcast this morning. Decided to go for a little ride before church ended up being about a 27 mile ride. Went by the local dirt pit and decided to act a little stupid
I bought these 2 years ago and they fit fine. the stock lever perches for the WR250R/X 07-up are the same as our TDub's 01-up

shorty levers

Here's photos of them mounted to my TW200

Auto part Brake Vehicle Bicycle part Pipe
Auto part Vehicle Suspension Automotive exterior Engine

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
That outhouse is very cozy. I wonder why the alien life form capsule detached from the spaceship but it must be because they’re small and Have to be closer the ground in order to get out and walk. ha ha.
That is some sort of Metrological station. I can see there's a propane tank, a nitrogen tank, the lower box is for the batteries, a solar panel and a GPS antenna attached to the solar panel. There is also a raised work platform above the batteries for servicing during the winter when snow is on the ground. I do not recognize the upper sensor array though. Likely incudes some way to capture precipitation, melt it with heat from a propane burner. It would include a premeasured amount of antifreeze to keep it liquid and the nitrogen would bubble up through it to keep it stirred so it won't stratify out and refreeze the fresh thawed snow/ice captured. There may be mineral oil that floats on the captured and melted precip to keep it from evaporating.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
I think you're wrong. Definitely an alien spaceship. I was there, just ask anyone or oldworld124. He'll back me up! Plus, he's the one who transmitted the landing coordinates. :D
Alrighty there, Mulder. Scully warned me you'd insist being right. Let's just take it easy. I believe you.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
We didn’t ride but we are planning our next adventures! We just can’t decide exactly where they are going to be so we got maps to cover all the potential places. The Admiral will download the avenza and Gaia maps once we narrow it down a bit. Looks like I got some studying to do.
I see you are not considering California? I take that as a political statement and reporting you to the mods. Boy are YOU gonna get it!

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
I found that a pillow braced under the arm while lying on my stomach would relieve the pressure on my torn rotator cuff(s). CT shows both barely hanging on by a thread on some tendons. Surgeon said if I can bear the pain, do not get the surgery. He said recovery time is at least 6 months and very, VERY painful. Ask lots of questions if they want to cut on you before agreeing.

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Tried to rest up the shoulder for an hour. Seriously thought about a small ride on the scooter, just looked out and it's almost 50 degrees out there but looking like it's getting ready to rain. An hour ago, it was sun shining and looking very promising. Problem is.... I mentioned the word Scooter and now Katy is hounding me to death. She won't forget either, for hours. She's jumping up on my leg begging to go. Bright eyed and bushy tailed, with anticipation and excitement in her eyes. Now I feel like a heel. It's her favorite thing in the whole world to do...
I had a male pug that loved to ride on my motorcycles too. If I was going for a ride, I had to lock him in the bedroom or he'd jump and try to get aboard, then chase me down the street. No bueno...
I got him a pair of doggles. Ever try those Tommy? He loved them! I'd put them on him and he'd just stand there, waiting to be loaded aboard. Cagers loved it when they saw the mutt with doggles gripped to the tank or nested in my lap. He thought he was the Mack Truck Bulldog emblem. Ha!
Well, at least take Katy for a walk. Dress for rain and enjoy!

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Took my 14 year old grandson on a ride today. We ended up at the shooting range. Some of the old timers there let him squeeze off a few rounds at the trap range. We next went to the now-closed dump that was converted to a water treatment plant. Their scale still works so we discovered that he weighs 120 pounds, I weigh 220 and the TW200 is 300. Total riding was 640 pounds! The new front fork springs worked great even with the extra load on the back. Next we stopped and visited a mine shaft I know about on some BLM land. It's posted private property, but, of course, it's not.
For some reason, neither of us brought a phone to take photos. Maybe just as well, we have the memories now!
It was cool, about 60 degress and 15mph breeze blowing and 80% cloud cover. Total miles was just under 50.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Took the Admirals Quick Strike Mobile Command Vehicle out for a weekend of camping and riding.
View attachment 215605 We’ve had a busy weekend of riding thus far. View attachment 215599
View attachment 215600
Mrs Admiral hit 10,000 miles so we stopped to document it. About 9,750 of 10,000 has been off pavement riding.
View attachment 215601
View attachment 215602
Up the creek without a paddle. Helps to have long legs when exiting which helps avoid an unintended creek bath.
View attachment 215603
Fred E. Rick Von Stephenson I, loves camping too. He’s one of our early warning defense members.
View attachment 215604
Carry on :)
Nice! What saw do you carry? I've ditched my 2-stroke chainsaw and now carry a Makita XCU02Z 36 volt battery operated chainsaw. It's lighter and possibly safer than my gasser. It's a 12" bar and has enough power to buck maybe a cord of oak on a single charge, so no worries on a ride of running out of juice.
Also wanted to point out, I'm a jerk and, when clearing wind fall trees, only open enough to get a motorcycle through and deliberately block quads from further travel. Ha!

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
We'll, here in sunny southern Oregon, this was the first day of MESH RIDING SEASON!

Don't get me wrong. I love riding in cold weather, and I am definitely a four season rider. But that cold weather riding gear is so darned heavy and bulky.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reminder to dig out my Joe Rocket mesh riding jacket. Spring has sprung!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts