TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Who rode their bike today? Where at? How hot or cold was it??

545K views 5K replies 600 participants last post by  SpeedyTide 
#1 ·
I rode mine. ;)
Washington State
With the windchill factor, it was about 15*
But with the sun brightly shining, felt more like 25, maybe warmer.
Sure was good to get out.:D

#5 ·
Dallas, yesterday was in the 70's, today the 60's and it will keep dropping over the weekend. But Texas never makes up it's mind when it comes to weather. Usally my morning rides are chilly with a nice afternoon ride home.

#7 · (Edited)
You know I did and we are neighbors. It was a bit nippy but I anticipate tomorrows commute will be even colder. I picked up a neoprene face shield today to add to by winter attire. I may have to get some heated bits of this keeps up.

#12 · (Edited)
You know I did and we are neighbors. I was a bit nippy but I anticipate tomorrows commute will be even colder. I picked up a neoprene face shield today to add to by winter attire. I may have to get some heated bits of this keeps up.
O yeah, I know you did. Have you been outside this morning yet? Brrrrr I have been thinking about one of those masks too lately. I wear a half helmet and still have not put on the ear covers. If the sun shines today, I am going out again. I can only make it about 30 minutes max, probably less today...Brrrrr Stay warm-drive safe my friend.

It's 20 or lower right now. Wind chill chart says at 20 degrees, at 35mph=0 this morning. Steve, thats getting pretty cold.

Reactions: stephenmarklay
#14 ·
i lived in granada 20-odd years ago.... winters in the shadows of the sierra nevadas = damn cold. that said spring in las alpujarras is beautiful. welcome to the forum

like tony, yesterday was a little to wet for commuting on two-wheels.

#13 ·
I am getting my first peek at it now :) Commuting is not big deal. I am only 10 miles to work. If my skin is covered I will be fine. I wear a full face helmet (Arai XD4) which is good but it does let a lot of air pass from below. I have a neck gaiter and now the neoprene mask to cover my nose etc.

Hand guards do seem to help the hands a bit and I picked up some $20 gloves at the general store which are pretty warm. They are also made of what looks to be a ballistic style nylon (or polyester) so they actually look like they may offer protection. They have little pockets for hand warmers too. Today I will pre-warm the gloves!

Roads should be clear which is good. I spent some time siping my tires and I do want to check that out in the snow however.

Reactions: littletommy
#15 ·
around 7c here today however im expecting it to turn real cold soon. our real cold here is just dipping in to the minus figures.

I 100% will be riding mine through the lot! ive got an off road day booked on the 14th which will give the bike a real test after its rebuild.

As soon as it snows the bike will be out in it!

#19 ·
Made it a half a hour at about 15*degrees here in Washington State with the windchill factor/mph added in.

Won't be long before I can't ride in shorts and flipflops at these temps... ;)
ha ha only kidding.

#22 · (Edited)
84* ... Gee whiz ... It will be next August before we see those temps again.
Lucky Duck.

I had to go out again today, took the Harley, barely got it started it was so cold. I got in about a hour total today. I gotta ride while I can, winters just starting here.

#27 ·
I WILL be riding tomorrow when my head FINALLY comes in! It's 13* here in Golden, CO and the snow is coming hard. I'm very excited to get back in to it!!

#28 · (Edited)
Was not too bad today. It was cold but my 10 mile commute was no problem and I did not get cold. I did notice a bit of that road salt had accumulated on the bike from some riding over the last weeks so I sprayed the bike off. I previously put on a heavy duty rust inhibitor and I was happy to see that even with a bit of soap and pressure washer did not take it off. It seems well protected.

#29 ·
Nice job and nice riding Steve. I thought you would be colder. I think I need some warmer gloves..or it could be old man circulation.?? I get a bit stiff too. But fall and early winter remain my favorite time of the year to ride. Exhilarating!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.