TW200 Forum banner

4701 - 4717 of 4717 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
That is an awesome shot looks like a great ride.

After 8" of wet snow today I got out after the snowplow went by. Just for a put put down our dead end gravel road.

Once down the road and back slow and straight back into the shed. :)

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
The weather hit the 80's today around Houston. I snuck out of the garage around the TW today and pounded the pavement on my spirit. The TW caught the back half of the bike when I was sneaking out.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Well Boys and girls,
The wife and I were tired of the C-virus thing and headed for the hills in a little town of Meadview for about 5 days. It's a small, destitute town, right above the NE corner of Lake Meade NV. I jumped on the Dub and headed out. That area's full of lots of trails, dirt roads and, quite a few washes. I was having a BALL out there! The trails and dirt roads were a kick but, I have to admit, I'm not a fan of soft sand in those washes. Even with my Dub's front tire at about 4 psi and the rear one at about 8, I still had a bit of squirliness, even at moderately slow speeds.

But, it was all good. I almost got ran over by OJ though. That is, I was heading down the main wash and was rounding a blind corner when all of a sudden, there it was, a WHITE BRONCO heading straight for me. Yeow!!! But, they (two young men) were alert enough to slam on the brakes and me too so that, both came to a skidding stop, long before it was critically close. WE eased up to each other. They immediately apologized for scaring me in this instance. I said it's all cool, no one died. And the driver, about maybe 23-24 years old, looked at my Dub and asked, "What kind of bike is that, I'd never seen one?

I thought WHAT? Everybody knows what T-dub is. But, I was wrong. He'd actually never seen one. So, we talked for a few minutes and he explained what was ahead in my direction. We shook hands and took off in opposite directions. Good kids.

Anyway, here's a few photos of my running around, about 3,400' in elevation in Meadview AZ.
Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
387 Posts
Nice pics and great way to make the best the of the C.V. gloom and doom!

·
Registered
19,761 Posts
Rode the hills behind my place with the dogs until all our tongues were hanging out. Only 6 miles for me on the bike, some at a very slow almost walking pace. Dogs raced around for a few extra miles investigating everything as I also went for a bit of a hike in my comfy adventure boots.. Started in low 30s, came home in low 40s.
tongue hanging out.jpg

·
Registered
21 Posts
I made it out fir a quick trip here in Northwestern Ontario for 15km ride. Went out after work and didn't want to stay out too long, as the sun was starting to loose its power. Temp peaked at 40F/ 5C but I was thinking everything that melted today would soon start to refreeze.

It was the first real ride on the new TW. It was awesome.
IMG_20200323_190418.jpg
IMG_20200323_184001.jpg

·
Registered
19,761 Posts
Mid-30's in occasional corn snow flurries running very happy dogs once again. It's a dog's life here.
Cruised Jeep roads for a bit then ended up on some new mellow flowing single track.
Local mountain bikers have made some very nicely groomed single track that wander through the various terrains here right down to freshly clipped brush all along the trail margins....smooth, narrow, moderate grades, nice views. Mountain bikers usually seem to make good trail stewards.
thursday ride.jpg

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I took the TW out yesterday and today for awhile staying on pavement riding around town but after a few hours today I came home and got the X-Max out of the rear of the house. I just needed to go faster plus the wind protection is better on the Scoot! Had a blast 🏍

·
Registered
387 Posts
Headed a couple counties over and did some riding in Cary State Forest. Been several years since I was there and they have closed a few roads, opened up a couple that were closed, and have cut several new roads from what I remember. A gas stop at 86.9 miles took 0.969 gallon and $2.52, what cheap entertainment! Rode through 3 Florida counties and one Georgia county with a total of 132 miles by the time I got home. 75 when I left and 90 degrees upon return. Not much cool spring weather to speak of for us this year. Not looking forward to a looonng hot summer.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Pretty picture!! You come up with some doozy's brother Fred. Always great video's too. I'd like to come visit you some day, but I'm scared to death you'd want to take me on a ride!!! ☠😬☠
I know what you mean LT.... I feel the same way...

·
Registered
13,517 Posts
I only went for a little ride up and down the street after I finished replacing the steering stem bearings and seals. Now I would be ok to go riding a few trails.
I replaced my steering head bearings with the same as you did on Scoob as well. I couldn't believe how much easier it was to steer from side to side. Yesterday I rode Bunny down to the mailbox which has stock bearings. Big difference and they're not damaged or need replacing yet.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Got out for 40km on quiet back roads. First real ride out for some time on my new TW. We avoided people and shopped local in a little store.

My wife has a 2019 KTM Duke 390. Temp was 6-7 deg c. Took a thermos of tea and had lots of fun.

IMG_1273.jpg

·
Registered
341 Posts
  • We rode our tdub in the NC mountains. Went on a dirt road for about an hour. When we came to the end, it was turn right or left. I turned left. 4 hours later we found our way back. I should have turned right. But there was people everywhere. Good to see so many people out enjoying this beautiful 80 degree weather. I lost count of the motorcycles. I got to 88 and then there was a whole pack riding so I just gave up the counting.

4701 - 4717 of 4717 Posts