TW200 Forum banner

4801 - 4818 of 4818 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Well,
Rode only about 6-8 miles today. Mostly city streets. You see, it's a mere 105 degrees so, riding in that kind of temps, makes one feel like a piece of bacon after a short bit. So, it's back to my EARLY morning rides, around 05:30-06:00 or so. At least it's tolerable then.
Scott

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I wanted the R1200C since it was 1st manufactured. Couldn’t afford it. I think it was one of the last bikes with that anti-dip front suspension. Such an innovative piece of monkey-motion. I know anti-lock brakes replaced this, but I still wanted one.

Now that I’m able, I may have to have BMW as a 2 wheeled resident of my garage. Not a new one- still outside my price range- but something with EFI and that anti-dip front end.
Are you talking about the BMW Telelever front suspension? The new boxers still have it ! Some of the old R1200 cruisers DID have ABS ! Yamaha also had some anti-dive suspension bikes long ago too

·
Registered
513 Posts
Are you talking about the BMW Telelever front suspension? The new boxers still have it ! Some of the old R1200 cruisers DID have ABS ! Yamaha also had some anti-dive suspension bikes long ago too
And the Yamaha got rave reviews as to the handling best I remember. The looks just didn't catch on with the public's eye. Kinda like the Honda PC 800 bodywork that was ahead of it's time. Funny how several years later once the Goldwing morphed into the PC style it was a huge success. Now a PC purchase is an investment.

Marty

·
Registered
13,641 Posts

·
Registered
20,167 Posts
Outstanding Gentlemen!
Seeing you Reckless Rebels roam our beautiful open public lands is a good example of life, liberty and the successful pursuit of happiness...If it takes a little Advil afterwards then it must mean the aches were Memorable.:cool:

·
Registered
481 Posts
This episode of Reckless Rebels with a Cause was brought to you by Advil!
It wore me out. I was really tired when I got home. Still am this morning too!
...but we had fun!
I'd bet over 50% of the readers reading this, don't have a clue what you're eluding to in that fraise.
Scott

·
Registered
481 Posts
Went for another anti social distancing ride with some reckless rebels again. It was a great day! View attachment 205671 View attachment 205672 View attachment 205673
oldworld 124,

Your avitar suggests you're from Caldwell Idaho. May I ask, are these pictures from that area also? If so, that area sure looks like a ton of fun. Thanks for sharing. Maybe someday I'll get to ride there too, either with the T-dub or, my new Africa Twin Adventure Sports DCT.
Scott

4801 - 4818 of 4818 Posts