TW200 Forum banner

4881 - 4900 of 4941 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Standing in the unemployment line and catching up on the happenings on the forum.
Took a quick ride yesterday down to my neighbors to say hi. Went through a section of logged trees and had a bounce over a bunch of 6-8 inch logs lying around.
Our winter hasn't started yet we hat days in the high 80s and some as much as mid 90s. There were a few days where the temperature dropped to what felt like arctic conditions.
I need to do a strip, derust, paint and assemble on my Dub but "she who must be obeyed" said not before I finished building her factory.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Today is a stat holiday (Canada Day). I woke up early to go for a ride and to my dismay found it was cloudy, cool, and damp. Some showers blew through during the night and the roads were still wet. I decided to bundle up and go riding anyhow, so took the TW for an ocean-side loop of about 40 kilometers. The temp was only about 10C ( maybe low 50s F) and with the dampness it was chilly. The sun is coming out now, so maybe I'll go for another ride early this evening.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Beautiful state, Idaho!

Marty

·
Registered
670 Posts
Reactions: Smitty Blackstone

·
Registered
670 Posts
You're at an overlook along a scenic byway!!!!!!!!! :unsure:

And congrats on the successful neck surgery.

Marty

·
Registered
605 Posts
We decided to ride pavement. Went about 60 miles to a produce stand/museum/restaurant. Lots of 55 and 60 mph zones. TW did great with the 2 of us. Hot as July in the summer. 96 degrees. Taking it to the Yamaha dealer Monday to see about getting the AC fixed. It only works in 5th gear.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Did not get a chance to go for a ride yesterday.Rained last night. Decided to go for a little ride before church this morning after doing a little work in the garden.It’s amazing how much water can go in your boot from one little mud hole.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm getting towards the end of the official break-in period, so I've been taking my TW out more on the local highway. The local highways have a posted max of 90 KPH (about 55mph), so well within the TW's envelope. I rode out from town about 35 KM on a very twisty backroad, and then rode back into town on the highway at 90 KPH. Bike seems quite comfortable at that speed.

·
Registered
20,493 Posts
All I could to put Mr.Gizmo away this morning after last evening's tiring ride.
Starting at 5:30 Adam & I started by visiting some new singletracks and places neither of us have been in quite some time eventually making it back home at 11pm.
Mesh armor sure helped with the mid-90's temperatures early on and wasn't too cold at elevation after dark. Maybe low 60's by time I rolled home.
Enjoyed views in the gathering dusk atop this steep mine road so as to have the somewhat challenging adventure of getting down and out after dark.
Good times for sure despite a little haze from fr away wildfires.
adam 7:15.jpg

·
Registered
20,493 Posts
I see Admiral likes the above photo, pobably because that Stampede Lake has risen about 40 feet since Mrs.Admiral was riding round on the dry lake bottom scaring the innocent local snake population. Think Admiral had to stop her before she throat punched a snake that day.:)

4881 - 4900 of 4941 Posts