TW200 Forum banner

4961 - 4980 of 5015 Posts

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Dewy grass? That sounds scary Ken!
Maybe I'll just stick to the baby bottom smooth stuff, preferably freshly graded.:cool:
Nice looking place to ride. All that loose stuff has enough issues of its own. I was riding a couple of weeks ago and part of the curvey back roads were fresh tar with the gravel on top, really nice loose stuff and I was on the 1100 so I took it easy.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Rode twice today, 12 miles and then for 40ish, seen a guy on a Harley stopped so I stopped to see if he needed help or was just taking a break, he was on a break.

Nice dude, checking out back roads and looking for new fishing spots.

Continued on my evening ride, went by a local " haunted? " Church.

My wife watches Ghost shows all the time so I was excited to show her something she had seen on one of her shows.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Rode twice today, 12 miles and then for 40ish, say a guy on a Harley stopped so I stopped to see if he needed help or was just taking a break, he was on a break.

Nice dude, checking out back roads and looking for new fishing spots.

Continued on my evening ride, went by a local " haunted? " Church.

My wife watches Ghost shows all the time so I was excited to show her something she had seen on one of her shows.

View attachment 207627
That church reminds me of a little church I came across in the swamps of Lemoyne. It was tiny, sitting all by itself. Super scary when the lights are off and your the only one awake. Jumped right on my horse and hightailed it to St. Denise

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
I rode up to the intersection of Hwy9 and Skyline and this is what I found:
P2160073.JPG

I turned left, the road was still open in that direction and found a clearing to take a picture.
Down there somewhere is (or was) Big Basin State Park.
P2160069.JPG

I rode a little further and took another pic that looks about the same.
Down there somewhere in the smoke and haze is (or was) the town of Boulder Creek.
P2160072.JPG

And in the parking lot at the top of the hill was bulletin board bringing anyone interested up to date about the fire. Most people this info off the internet so no one was there but me. I did manage to get the right mirror and handlebar in the picture.
P2160075.JPG

It wasn't that hot today. As long as I was moving it was a very pleasant day temperature wise. The smoke was another matter.

·
Registered
13,969 Posts
I rode up to the intersection of Hwy9 and Skyline and this is what I found:
View attachment 207636

I turned left, the road was still open in that direction and found a clearing to take a picture.
Down there somewhere is (or was) Big Basin State Park.
View attachment 207637

I rode a little further and took another pic that looks about the same.
Down there somewhere in the smoke and haze is (or was) the town of Boulder Creek.
View attachment 207638

And in the parking lot at the top of the hill was bulletin board bringing anyone interested up to date about the fire. Most people this info off the internet so no one was there but me. I did manage to get the right mirror and handlebar in the picture.
View attachment 207639

It wasn't that hot today. As long as I was moving it was a very pleasant day temperature wise. The smoke was another matter.
It looks very similar up here. ...and we don't have any big local fires. Most of the smoke is coming from the Cali and Oregon fires drifting our way. Worst I've seen in quite some time.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Less than 3 mile visibility to my west. Was really feeling it in the lungs today.

I rode over to my dad's shop to weld up a broken Cyclerack.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Put another 20 or so miles on today. Most of it in tall grass and woods. Practicing going over small dead trees and what not. View attachment 207616
I love that cool looking riding area. I am just new to the TW and getting back into trail riding after a 30 year hiatus. I need to head to higher elevation. Even though we are at 7.5K feet, It’s hot.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Nice and cool and overcast this morning. Decided to go for a little ride before church ended up being about a 27 mile ride. Went by the local dirt pit and decided to act a little stupid View attachment 207725
Just file it off so it's not sharp, put a piece of heat shrink tubing over it. That will make a nice shorty lever. My clutch lever is like that, my brake lever may also be like that but I don't remember. Now you have a shorty lever you didn't pay for.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Nice and cool and overcast this morning. Decided to go for a little ride before church ended up being about a 27 mile ride. Went by the local dirt pit and decided to act a little stupid
I bought these 2 years ago and they fit fine. the stock lever perches for the WR250R/X 07-up are the same as our TDub's 01-up

shorty levers

Here's photos of them mounted to my TW200

TW200-2.jpg TW220-1.jpg

·
Registered
741 Posts
Went to Rock Hill SC to buy a lottery ticket. And that is all that happened. I bought a ticket. Not a winner. It was 90 degrees with a dew point of 200. Had to stop at another store for water before getting home. Got passed by a Harley. Lol.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Passed by a Harley?

All those years, and all those miles, on all those bikes... I cannot ever remember being passed by a Harley.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
164 Posts
Cold as the dickens this morning. 59 degrees When is been 100+ that’s pretty cool with just a T-shirt on. Got the 241 put on decided to take it for a little spin.
Put about 20 miles on it all dirt and gravel some sand. Haven’t been on the pavement yet. Found this bottle while I was checking on one of my feeders.
Got back to the house and looked At the tire and I have not even wore the nipples off yet.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
They finally opened Hwy 9 to Boulder Creek so I rode over the hill to see the burned out carnage. When I got there it all looked normal except for the smoke in the air. From the news it was supposed to get wiped out but from the looks of things it wasn't even close. Very hot in Boulder Creek, cooler on top of the hill, and very warm in San Jose.

·
Registered
772 Posts
My buddy Gonzo came by with his KTM300EXC after finally installing the 244 Golden Boy I forwarded to him MANY weeks ago! We took a spin around Slaughterhouse Gulch again, and I was shocked to see only about a half dozen 4x4's on the trail. Weak showing for Labor Day - I guess the party was elsewhere?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Spent the whole weekend riding and sightseeing in the NC mountains. Great weather and beautiful scenery. Lots of great people and interesting stores. The TW did great hauling me and the wife for hours on dirt roads. One was the longest curviest dirt road I've ever been on. I would call it the "tail of the dragon dirt road". I was flat give out after that one.

·
Registered
294 Posts

4961 - 4980 of 5015 Posts