TW200 Forum banner

4981 - 5000 of 5018 Posts

·
Registered
20,729 Posts
Tonight is the October 1st, the Hunter's Full Moon.
I truly hope some of you have a little werewolf in you , enough to go ride a bit and howl at the moon.

Reactions: Apolloha

·
Registered
175 Posts
Tonight is the October 1st, the Hunter's Full Moon.
I truly hope some of you have a little werewolf in you , enough to go ride a bit and howl at the moon.
Well, considering that its 43* here and I just made it home from work, I think that’d be a “nope” for me. I’m jealous of anyone who did get to ride.

·
Registered
13,975 Posts
Rode "6 Trails" yesterday. That is 6 different ATV/motorcycle trails. Some I've ridden before but ridden in reverse yesterday so they seemed like a new trail. I'll post some videos and pictures at a later date. Got things to do and places to ride before the snow season. This winter I can catch up on my videos when everybody is suffering from cabin fever.

Between One Spoon Trail and this trail, I've been getting a strong dose of sidehill exposure on the trails this past week. Some peoples Achilles heel is sand, my Achilles heel is sidehill exposure. No place to turn around so you must go forward...or forward and down in this case.

·
Registered
13,975 Posts
Went for a short ride today scouting new territory. Very smokey still. Temps 30s to low 70s. Rain tomorrow afternoon should help clear things out. View attachment 208688 View attachment 208689
The smoke has been buggering up the place but it could be worse and feel bad for the folks who've been having to live with the fire nightmares. Where did you go? Camping right? I'm just wondering if this is a place I've been or a place I need to go as I don't recognize it. I was gonna go ride with my sons today but with the impending rain, we postponed until tomorrow. Not sure if tomorrow will be any better rain/snow wise. Temperature I can make adjustments but not rain. Hope it doesn't rain tomorrow.

·
Registered
253 Posts
The smoke has been buggering up the place but it could be worse and feel bad for the folks who've been having to live with the fire nightmares. Where did you go? Camping right? I'm just wondering if this is a place I've been or a place I need to go as I don't recognize it. I was gonna go ride with my sons today but with the impending rain, we postponed until tomorrow. Not sure if tomorrow will be any better rain/snow wise. Temperature I can make adjustments but not rain. Hope it doesn't rain tomorrow.
We are out on an inaugural run with our newly acquired trailer. Doing a bit of hunting, fishing, exploring, and kicking back. Are over in the Challis and Salmon regions. Have seen lots of deer, antelope and elk. Learning some new trails. Don't believe you have been on them "yet". Scenery is great.
Am forever grateful to you and Mistervelocity for taking the time to teach me how to ride and enjoy the Tdub!
Am looking forward to some more rides together.
20201008_121654.jpg

·
Registered
13,975 Posts
Rode with the two oldest boys out in the Danskin OHV trail system east of Boise yesterday. It was around 40F. when we departed.
Taking lunch break near Fiddler Flat

South Fork Boise River near Fiddler Flat

Stig on the drop-down to Fiddler Flat

Nice views on the trail but as Ron in Boise used to say, "best to keep one eye on the trail"

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I washed mine, filled it with Rec Fuel and will lube everything up and put it away tomorrow :(

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
175 Posts
I love riding nearly year round. Putting a bike up for about 6 months would suck. I like the subtropical Texas climate around Houston. The negative is being soaking wet from sweating from all the high humidity for about 4 months of the year.
Amen! I loved SC. I could ride 10 months. We get about 4 here. Uff da.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Well, that's it, that's all! Drained the gas tank, pulled the battery and tucked the TW into the back corner of the shed not to see daylight until April or May. Daytime temperatures are now going to be below freezing and will stay that way for 6 months probably

Reactions: Ken
4981 - 5000 of 5018 Posts