TW200 Forum banner

5021 - 5040 of 5072 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
It got up to a balmy 44°F in western Wisconsin yesterday, down to 40 by the end of the 15 mile ride. With new Joe Rocket insulated leather gloves, the only thing cold at 40-45 mph was my neck (need a gaiter or dickey) and my thighs (need long underwear).

The basic skills MC class is still on for this weekend, high of 35 forecasted for Sunday. It's all parking lot riding, so the wind won't be a big factor.

My hand guards are just about the only color remaining in the world:

·
Registered
363 Posts
It got up to a balmy 44°F in western Wisconsin yesterday, down to 40 by the end of the 15 mile ride. With new Joe Rocket insulated leather gloves, the only thing cold at 40-45 mph was my neck (need a gaiter or dickey) and my thighs (need long underwear).

The basic skills MC class is still on for this weekend, high of 35 forecasted for Sunday. It's all parking lot riding, so the wind won't be a big factor.

My hand guards are just about the only color remaining in the world:
View attachment 209195
Love your screen name...LOL

·
Registered
53 Posts
I didn't ride my own TW200, but I rode an identical one a few years older at basic skills class today. Did 6 miles, but with all the standing around waiting, I was on the bike probably 5 hours.

Tomorrow is more of the same culminating with the road test. It's supposed to be 35 degrees and windy tomorrow.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I rode around the neighborhood in Franklin, TN this afternoon. Beautiful sunny day, about 70 degrees. I really enjoyed looking at the homes that were decorated for the kids tonight.
I've been to Franklin! Cool area, stayed there for 5 days and rented a Goldwing so the wife and I could ride all over the back roads. It was April so no leaves out but the Red Bud was everywhere.

·
Registered
189 Posts
44° this morning beautiful day sunny and a little windy high of 68° the low tonight supposed to be 35°
Log crawling
has kind of gotten old.
My two brothers and I built this stand around 30 years ago.Both of my daughter’s and several other youngsters got their first deer out of this stand. It over looks a creek bottom.
1990 ?

·
Registered
14,039 Posts
44° this morning beautiful day sunny and a little windy high of 68° the low tonight supposed to be 35° View attachment 209253 Log crawling View attachment 209254 has kind of gotten old. View attachment 209257 My two brothers and I built this stand around 30 years ago.Both of my daughter’s and several other youngsters got their first deer out of this stand. It over looks a creek bottom. View attachment 209258 1990 ?
Nice log/trail clearing. Neat pictures and history! :)

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I was too lazy to get gas for the TW last week so I rode the Spirit 1100. Today I made a special trip on the TW and filled up and also a gas can. Now I have extra gas so I can ride about 3 weeks if I'm too lazy to get gas. The weather was a perfect upper 60 degrees this evening. We had a low of 49 degrees sometime last week.

·
Registered
606 Posts
So I decided it was time to be a snobird. Been down in southern Arizona for 2 weeks now and have ridden every day. Seriously kids, riding after the sun goes down in a t-shirt through Saguaro, Ironwood, and up n down the Catalina's, amazing.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Out testing the trails and fall temperatures with Oldworld124. Wetfoot Creek trail and East Mtn. Lookout. The temperature varied depending on the sun and elevation from 40-50F.

View attachment 208939
East Mtn. Lookout
Like that tank bag!

·
Registered
14,039 Posts
Like that tank bag!
Works pretty nice on the slightly taller XT225 gas tank. A little too much overhang for the stock gas tank though. I've been using it for years off and on. Plus, I used to use it when we rode our mules too...or one just like it. This was is due for replacement as it's getting fairly tattered. Still works for now though.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Got out on the Wee before the monsoons come tonight.
105 km ride looking at the fall colours. Temperature was between 10 and 15 Celsius.
Wee has just under 43000 km on it.

·
Registered
571 Posts
So I decided it was time to be a snobird. Been down in southern Arizona for 2 weeks now and have ridden every day. Seriously kids, riding after the sun goes down in a t-shirt through Saguaro, Ironwood, and up n down the Catalina's, amazing.
If you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Tuco Juan Ramierez aka "The Rat"
There's 2 kinds of people in this world, those with guns, and those who dig. You dig. - T

Those are some of the most classic lines in any movie I've ever seen. What a crackup.
Scott

5021 - 5040 of 5072 Posts