TW200 Forum banner

5041 - 5060 of 5072 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
44° this morning beautiful day sunny and a little windy high of 68° the low tonight supposed to be 35°Log crawling has kind of gotten old. View attachment 209257 My two brothers and I built this stand around 30 years ago.Both of my daughter’s and several other youngsters got their first deer out of this stand. It over looks a creek bottom.1990 ?
Thant ain't no deer stand, that's a second story apartment. What a cool place to camp at night!

Marty

·
Registered
189 Posts
Beautiful day today high of 82 . We haven’t had a killing frost yet. Deer seasons is open but it’s too hot to hunt.Just my opinion my son in law killed one this evening.
I decided to chase Wiley coyote
He’s down there somewhere?

·
Registered
14,038 Posts
Yesterday from a last-minute "can you go" ride. Scoob and I did another ride with the big bike riders Husaberg FE501 and AJP650. We kept up pretty good.

Then we got "gumbo'd". Hit a patch of that gumbo mud so famous out in the Owyhee's when it's wet.

Only one rider went down but all of us got our rear tires jammed with the stuff

Thankfully, it was only a small patch and after spending 20 minutes on clean up duty we were back in business.

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
Killer gumbo Admiral!
One can see why one should not have the low mounted stock front fender on a TW in muddy conditions as front wheel lock is nasty and occurs well before the rear gets mud clogged.
The value of carrying a long tool of some sort for gumbo plucking becomes apparent when you see how far one would have to walk to find a stick to start the mud removal. I used to carry a long steel spike in a sheath on the forks for mud removal, now I just try to avoid gumbo zones.

·
Registered
14,038 Posts
Killer gumbo Admiral!
One can see why one should not have the low mounted stock front fender on a TW in muddy conditions as front wheel lock is nasty and occurs well before the rear gets mud clogged.
The value of carrying a long tool of some sort for gumbo plucking becomes apparent when you see how far one would have to walk to find a stick to start the mud removal. I used to carry a long steel spike in a sheath on the forks for mud removal, now I just try to avoid gumbo zones.
And you are so right about the fender. A couple of years ago Mrs. Admiral and I got gumbo'd and her front tire got jammed but good with the mud between her tire and low mounted stock fender. Interesting that only the AJP 650 rider had mud stick and block his front tire (high mounted fender) while the 'Berg rider and myself didn't have a front tire issue. We found sticks bwahaha.

Reactions: Smitty Blackstone

·
Registered
14,038 Posts
Killer gumbo Admiral!
Oh, and the riding is more accessible in the Owyhee's right now than it is in the mountains right now. This was a nice skiff of snow we had last week which has pretty much ended the mountain riding season.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Did my last ride on the Wee for this year, Insurance expires tomorrow.
Just over 200 km loop out to Cascade Peninsula and back.
Temperatures were between 46 to 52 Fahrenheit so a bit chilly on the highway.
There was a bit of sloppy mud on the East Harrison FSR which required full attention.

Turn around spot as the campsite is closed.

Went exploring, but turned around at a raging creek. Lots of water flowing. Water falls along route were stunning.

·
Registered
363 Posts
yesterday 42ish and sunny, ran some good treated non ethanol fuel through the ZS on a 20 mile errand run to the Post office and 2 trips to the sister in laws house, one with my power plunger proudly carried across the handlebars. (Should have taken a pic), the TW is a great Plumbing vehicle.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I hadn't rode in a couple of weeks: working, raining and cold, or just plain tired.
This morning I woke up and it the first dry morning I've had free in a while. I wasn't going to go out, but then I looked at the forecast and saw raining coming in a couple of hours, and the wet weather is supposed to last for a few days. I put on my riding gear and went out and rode maybe a good 40-45 KM before it started raining. Despite the temps of +4c I enjoyed the ride.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Rode to the grocery store to pick up 2 bunches of collards and a turkey. Beautiful weather, 72 degrees.

And the 13 pound turkey fit in the Pelican‘s beak.

5041 - 5060 of 5072 Posts