TW200 Forum banner

5061 - 5080 of 5149 Posts

·
Registered
21,060 Posts
From a week ago out camping. Just a few miles of beginning and end of a 70+ mile mostly single track day. 24 degrees when I rolled out of camp and maybe mid-thirties at sunset. Mid-day into the mid-40s perhaps. 60-40 mix of known trails and new exploring.

·
Registered
21,060 Posts
Today was a bit closer to home, easy single trackin' in the upper 40s. I really like these meandering trails among rounded granite boulders and moist sandy soils.
Notice in the top photo how well the soil holds the Terracross's V chevron imprint just ahead of front tire? These soils make for near perfect traction. TerraCross is still a near perfect tire in my opinion after about 4,000 miles, not as much ultimate traction as a Duro.
I just that I prefer my girl's rear to have a playfully rounded profile.

·
Super Moderator
14,218 Posts
Today was a bit closer to home, easy single trackin' in the upper 40s. I really like these meandering trails among rounded granite boulders and moist sandy soils.
Notice in the top photo how well the soil holds the Terracross's V chevron imprint just ahead of front tire? These soils make for near perfect traction. TerraCross is still a near perfect tire in my opinion after about 4,000 miles, not as much ultimate traction as a Duro.
I just that I prefer my girl's rear to have a playfully rounded profile.
View attachment 209756

View attachment 209757

View attachment 209758
I love those trails.

·
Registered
21,060 Posts
Kris, when you and Eckhart visited we all rode this trail only taking the eastern fork into rougher boulder lands rather than this easier western fork behind my house. I've never taken guests out here due to the fragile unspoiled environment but others have since discovered it.

·
Super Moderator
14,218 Posts
From a week ago out camping. Just a few miles of beginning and end of a 70+ mile mostly single track day. 24 degrees when I rolled out of camp and maybe mid-thirties at sunset. Mid-day into the mid-40s perhaps. 60-40 mix of known trails and new exploring.

Being the first on the trail after a skiff of snow ain't as bad as when it's packed down a little. What a neat place to ride.

·
Registered
115 Posts
The bro and I went out to Wayne national forest. Was muddier than we anticipated. Here’s a short vid of some of the “better” conditions we saw. There was a 50’ section, prior to this vid, that was absolutely brutal. Probably spent 30 minutes trying to get through it. I blame it on the rider though.

·
Super Moderator
14,218 Posts
The bro and I went out to Wayne national forest. Was muddier than we anticipated. Here’s a short vid of some of the “better” conditions we saw. There was a 50’ section, prior to this vid, that was absolutely brutal. Probably spent 30 minutes trying to get through it. I blame it on the rider though.
Looks like a fun place to ride. I've had bad experiences in mud. I don't like mud. What you show is fine though.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Looks like a fun place to ride. I've had bad experiences in mud. I don't like mud. What you show is fine though.
Yea, that was ok. The stuff we got stuck in, was the kind that your foot disappears in and gets stuck lol.
A couple things I’ve learned since I started recording videos. It looks like I’m going faster than I really am and hills don’t seem nearly as steep on video. Haha

·
Super Moderator
14,218 Posts
Yea, that was ok. The stuff we got stuck in, was the kind that your foot disappears in and gets stuck lol.
A couple things I’ve learned since I started recording videos. It looks like I’m going faster than I really am and hills don’t seem nearly as steep on video. Haha
I've noticed those same things with my videos. I do like it though that the video makes us look faster than we are hahaha.

Reactions: TWnoob

·
Super Moderator
14,218 Posts
Reactions: Mistervelocity

·
Super Moderator
14,218 Posts
5061 - 5080 of 5149 Posts