TW200 Forum banner

5121 - 5140 of 5145 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
That is a nice batch of maps, we drove through the bighorn mountains in Wyoming and I would like to go back and explore some day. And the south pass area. As for CA nothing to see all locked up. ha ha

·
Registered
400 Posts
That is a nice batch of maps, we drove through the bighorn mountains in Wyoming and I would like to go back and explore some day. And the south pass area. As for CA nothing to see all locked up. ha ha
The Bighorns are on the schedule for this summer. We’ll let you know how it turns out! We’d invite y’all but we’re meeting family there. Not good to mix people we like with family we don’t. Giggle. 🤣😂

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
It was about 61 when I got home today. I was planning on riding all 3 bikes to get them some exercise. I had to make a run to the store and took the Tdub. I decided to go home the long way and get it a little bit more exercise. I was then ready to relax for the evening so the TW was the top pick of the day.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Burney Summit Fire Lookout
After stopping for donuts, coffee and tea, we were well on our way to summit another volcano. We have an hour drive is all with the bikes in tow. Boring, bored, driving driving, Sue is looking at her phone. I discover an unruly eyebrow hair. I attempt to run the hair through my fingers trapping the end of the hair to determine the true length. Enquiring minds would want to know. Sue notices what's going and encourages me to stop. It's my hair and after discovering how long it is I'll put it away. Well, now we missed the turnoff and we're looking for a turnaround. We need a Wal Mart parking lot to turn this rig around. We drive back searching for the Snowmobile Parking lot off of Hwy 44. We plan on riding from this staging area to the fire lookout atop Burney summit and return by which we came. The attraction of this ride is the 17 switch backs in the road leading to the summit. Fun ride, a little dusty. Nice gentleman at the summit fire lookout. He invited us into the lookout and gave us a tour. He explained what he did and how he did it. His wife is also a fire lookout on an adjacent mountain peak. We left our job applications and headed back down the mountain. Couldn't help but feel like something was missing. We didn't get lost. No flat tire. No broken chain, dead battery or bruises. Other then the eyebrow hair, uneventful.
Dirts a Flyen SanDue 🙄😀

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Burney Summit Fire Lookout
After stopping for donuts, coffee and tea, we were well on our way to summit another volcano. We have an hour drive is all with the bikes in tow. Boring, bored, driving driving, Sue is looking at her phone. I discover an unruly eyebrow hair. I attempt to run the hair through my fingers trapping the end of the hair to determine the true length. Enquiring minds would want to know. Sue notices what's going and encourages me to stop. It's my hair and after discovering how long it is I'll put it away. Well, now we missed the turnoff and we're looking for a turnaround. We need a Wal Mart parking lot to turn this rig around. We drive back searching for the Snowmobile Parking lot off of Hwy 44. We plan on riding from this staging area to the fire lookout atop Burney summit and return by which we came. The attraction of this ride is the 17 switch backs in the road leading to the summit. Fun ride, a little dusty. Nice gentleman at the summit fire lookout. He invited us into the lookout and gave us a tour. He explained what he did and how he did it. His wife is also a fire lookout on an adjacent mountain peak. We left our job applications and headed back down the mountain. Couldn't help but feel like something was missing. We didn't get lost. No flat tire. No broken chain, dead battery or bruises. Other then the eyebrow hair, uneventful.
Dirts a Flyen SanDue 🙄😀
Sounds like a nice ride. I thought it was going to be something like, pulled eyebrow hair, swerved and sent donut down the hill while thinking Littletommy would be heartbroken over the loss.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
I did my little ride to and from work today. The weather was perfect here with a high near 70 this evening and around the 60's in the morning.

·
Registered
21,051 Posts
SanDue hosted a fine group ride there once without any eyebrow shenanigans.
I just changed oil and washed the skid plate today. Think I must have got some of these scraps with Dan and Sue sometime in the past.

·
Super Moderator
14,208 Posts
SanDue hosted a fine group ride there once without any eyebrow shenanigans.
I just changed oil and washed the skid plate today. Think I must have got some of these scraps with Dan and Sue sometime in the past. View attachment 211003
View attachment 211004
Looks like that plate has taken some hits from an Abrams Tank Main Gun. Battle worn for sure!

·
Registered
685 Posts
Imagin if Fred's skid plate could talk. The adventures that it has seen. Woooo the hot springs it's been to. The camp fire stories it has heard. The secrets of wilderness trails revealed ride after ride. What could it say but, "ouch, ouch, ouch"!
Dirts a Flyen SanDue🙄😀

·
Registered
848 Posts
Dang! Those Ricochet plates are worth every single penny!

Reactions: SanDue and Fred

·
Super Moderator
14,208 Posts
Technically, not a TW but I own a bunch of TW's so that should count for something right?
I'll let you visualize how cold it was.
Winter Run on Big Red
A mid-winter quick trip down to the mailbox and back. It's one of the alternatives to scratch the itch when you can't ride your motorcycles.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
What happens when you meet someone coming the opposite direction there Admiral?

Reactions: admiral

·
Super Moderator
14,208 Posts
What happens when you meet someone coming the opposite direction there Admiral?
Someone gets to backup to a driveway or pullout. This is a side road not used much so usually not an issue. On our main street/road, it's wider, more turnouts, and drivers are usually watching ahead for oncoming traffic to duck into a pullout.

Reactions: SanDue and Fred

·
Registered
178 Posts
Reactions: reddave

·
Registered
21,051 Posts
Admiral, wouldn’t the Duro tired bike make that run to the mailbox? ...well at least down the hill, maybe not back up to your shop until next spring.
Spring has sprung here for the moment, maybe come down my way sometime and ride the Moon Rocks before Old Man Winter returns.

·
Super Moderator
14,208 Posts
Admiral, wouldn’t the Duro tired bike make that run to the mailbox? ...well at least down the hill, maybe not back up to your shop until next spring.
Spring has sprung here for the moment, maybe come down my way sometime and ride the Moon Rocks before Old Man Winter returns. View attachment 211042
Hahaha, maybe I will come down for a ride soon! :)

The problem with the roads for motorcycle is it gets warm and turns the snow-covered roads into ice. Slip slidy fall downy all over the place. Matter of fact, I wear snow/ice cleats on my boots and shoes just to go out to the shop from the house. I do have a ski-outrigger experimental project I need to work on which would make is a little safer to ride the roads down to the mailbox and back!

Reactions: reddave

·
Registered
21,051 Posts
Hear ya!
I'm still recovering from a good slip slidy fall downy on the ice where darn Cyclerack's down tubey thing impacted my upper thigh. I'm going to try riding next week...don't they say something like "no pain, no elevation gain?"
And if it snows some more I can always make some sort of little home away from home shelter contraption.:cool:

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Hear ya!
I'm still recovering from a good slip slidy fall downy on the ice where darn Cyclerack's down tubey thing impacted my upper thigh. I'm going to try riding next week...don't they say something like "no pain, no elevation gain?"
And if it snows some more I can always make some sort of little home away from home shelter contraption.:cool:
View attachment 211067
You could always put some pipe insulation on your Cycleracks down tubey thing. It would be a fitting mod especially in the current weather.

·
Registered
21,051 Posts
Good idea Ken!
That sure would have lessened the blow to both leg and ego.
Oh well, 20/20 hindsight in 2021. :cool:

Reactions: Ken and reddave
5121 - 5140 of 5145 Posts