TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
5201 - 5220 of 5255 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,201 ·
I can't sleep on my stomach or back. I'm doing exactly that though with a pillow. Kind of lifts it up off the injury. Really does help.

I've been cut on and hacked on enough already, would prefer no surgery, but probably 5 weeks now and little progress. Somedays it seems to feel a little better and then I reach for something or push off an armrest on the couch and it's back to square one again.
Probably hurt it a dozen times over the years, maybe more.

It's kind of nice outside and I'm really considering going for a scoot on the scooter. I'll pay for it if I do though.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have some tendonitis in left shoulder, and I sleep on my stomach with that shoulder on a pillow, and my normal firm memory foam pillow vertical under my body so that my stomach and chest are supported as well, and then my hips are relaxed and have a bend in them. It's actually really comfortable. I also sleep in a lot of weird positions so I'm not sure how much value this is haha

·
Super Moderator
20,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,203 ·
I can't sleep on my stomach or back. I'm doing exactly that though with a pillow. Kind of lifts it up off the injury. Really does help.

I've been cut on and hacked on enough already, would prefer no surgery, but probably 5 weeks now and little progress. Somedays it seems to feel a little better and then I reach for something or push off an armrest on the couch and it's back to square one again.
Probably hurt it a dozen times over the years, maybe more.

It's kind of nice outside and I'm really considering going for a scoot on the scooter. I'll pay for it if I do though.
Tried to rest up the shoulder for an hour. Seriously thought about a small ride on the scooter, just looked out and it's almost 50 degrees out there but looking like it's getting ready to rain. An hour ago, it was sun shining and looking very promising. Problem is.... I mentioned the word Scooter and now Katy is hounding me to death. She won't forget either, for hours. She's jumping up on my leg begging to go. Bright eyed and bushy tailed, with anticipation and excitement in her eyes. Now I feel like a heel. It's her favorite thing in the whole world to do...

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Tried to rest up the shoulder for an hour. Seriously thought about a small ride on the scooter, just looked out and it's almost 50 degrees out there but looking like it's getting ready to rain. An hour ago, it was sun shining and looking very promising. Problem is.... I mentioned the word Scooter and now Katy is hounding me to death. She won't forget either, for hours. She's jumping up on my leg begging to go. Bright eyed and bushy tailed, with anticipation and excitement in her eyes. Now I feel like a heel. It's her favorite thing in the whole world to do...
I had a male pug that loved to ride on my motorcycles too. If I was going for a ride, I had to lock him in the bedroom or he'd jump and try to get aboard, then chase me down the street. No bueno...
I got him a pair of doggles. Ever try those Tommy? He loved them! I'd put them on him and he'd just stand there, waiting to be loaded aboard. Cagers loved it when they saw the mutt with doggles gripped to the tank or nested in my lap. He thought he was the Mack Truck Bulldog emblem. Ha!
Well, at least take Katy for a walk. Dress for rain and enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
20,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,205 ·
O yeah, Katy's got pink leopard colored Doggles, she hates them and some bejewled bike glasses, hates them too, but anything for a ride! I have such a big windshield on the scooter that it's really not a big deal. She rides in front of me in a sling bag over my shoulder. The CRF has a littler shield, but still she doesn't get hit by the air. I usually put them on her for the cute factor. Lots of pointing and looking and smiles and pictures from anyone who sees her.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Got mine out of the back of the house after lunch and rode about 35 miles around town it was around 60 degrees. Been storing my seasonal stuff with Rec Fuel for a few years now and it stores great and everything always starts right up. No more fuel additives for me. Had about 60 feet of 8 inch wet snow before I got to the bare driveway. Had fun and saw a few more bikes out also.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Was beautiful weather today, and 48 degrees. After finishing working on the front and rear cases and re-organizing my adventure tool kit, I set out to check out a trail nearby. Ended up being very short and pretty boring but there was this massive fallen oak across the trail which was pretty cool. It looks like it was already dead and fell in a recent storm. I can't imagine how old it must have been. I had to lean the bike sideways to get under it, something I wouldn't have been able to do on either of my other bikes.

Love having my binoculars with me now in the front case, hopefully I did a good job and they hold up to the abuse I put this bike through. I'm sure I'll find out soon enough, more riding tomorrow!

Attachments

·
Registered
205 Posts
I took my TW out for the first time in about a week. It was cloudy and +3C (about 38F); I rode about maybe 40 minutes on quiet roads. I wore layers and was reasonably comfortable except for my hands. I gotta get me some electric gloves...
I encountered the same problem the other day, dressed well everywhere except for my hands, non-insulated gloves. I stopped for a bit and held my leather gloved hands on the clutch cover for a minute or two and they warmed up nicely!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Took a fun ride out to the next town over via dirt roads and trails. Conquered a few enduro trails that I'd never attempted on my other bikes, felt great. I love how light the TW is and easy to get out of a rut and just keep truckin! Got to test out my binocular box a lot and I absolutely love it. Spotted some european starlings, red tail hawks, red headed woodpeckers, lots of crows, turkey vultures, and western scrub jays. Even found some snow left over in the shade on the backside of the mountains. Found a little oval motocross style track with rut turns and was learning some of that.

Attachments

·
Registered
Yamaha TW 225E, 2005
7 Posts
Rode around Okinawa, Japan for a couple hours. A wonderful 79 degrees (26 C), which is much hotter than I expected and I was sweating in my leather jacket until I could get away from traffic and get some ocean wind flowing . A nice day minus a minor stalling issue right before I got home.

Cloud Water Sky Water resources Azure
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Plant
Cloud Water Sky Plant Water resources
Tire Plant Wheel Tree Vehicle
Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Automotive lighting

·
Registered
205 Posts
Local trail opened up so I went to check it out for the first time. Nothing too exciting, mostly just a dirt road leading to camping areas. Did manage to find one very overgrown enduro trail, wish I had brought my bushwackers!! Gorgeous views though! After the ride I took the highway to the nearby town. First time doing sustained 55+ on the bike, yikes that's a lot of vibrations. I might have to look into that 6th gear modification, possibly some bar weights and vibration dampening risers. It burned through my gas extremely fast too.

Went to the hardware store to pick up an assortment of metric screws, have 2 spare keys made for the bike, then went back via the other trail you see me post a lot.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
Nice pics DTM!!

Question......noticed you've angled your front rack downward....any reason for doing so? Perhaps contacted the ground when bike fell over?

Reactions: Dane_The_Meng

·
Registered
205 Posts
Nice pics DTM!!

Question......noticed you've angled your front rack downward....any reason for doing so? Perhaps contacted the ground when bike fell over?
It seemed to be creating a buffeting bubble in the front, and now I feel like the air hits me more naturally. But I also didn't care for it sticking out so far, and with the weight I've put on it I felt like it was pulling too much on the bars, so pulling the box in closer to the steering axis made it handle a little better. Also I think it's better aesthetically and will still operate in the same way I intend to use it. With all that said, it did contact the ground when the bike hit the ground, although I don't think it would have been a problem unless it hit a rock or something really hard. I'm trying to keep the bike as slim and small in profile as possible while still having the things I find essential. The aluminum bracket I made also has space reserved for the auxiliary light pods I'll be putting on soon.

Soooo a multi-faceted design change haha

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
Makes sense.....didn't even think to consider the aero with those on the front.

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
205 Posts
Makes sense.....didn't even think to consider the aero with those on the front.
The main reason was really aesthetic, but once I noticed that weird air bubble at 50+ (didn't happen at lower speeds) I knew I'd change it. The other things are just perks. I think because I used a square box on the front it exacerbated the issue, if you had a sleeping bag or some round object up there it might not have been a problem at all.

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
The main reason was really aesthetic, but once I noticed that weird air bubble at 50+ (didn't happen at lower speeds) I knew I'd change it. The other things are just perks. I think because I used a square box on the front it exacerbated the issue, if you had a sleeping bag or some round object up there it might not have been a problem at all.
Maybe a Jimbo shield mounted on front of the rack? :unsure: :)

Reactions: Workingman

·
Registered
62 Posts
The VA isn't taking in folks like they used to right now because of the Covid. I am stalling, waiting for my 2nd shot which is 2 or 3 weeks away yet. If it doesn't go away by then, I will have no other choice but try to get an appointment. I think Admiral went through this and it takes months to recuperate. Admiral, is that correct? Months? I have to sleep on the other shoulder only so I wake up with both of them hurting. I imagine they will give me a cortisone shot or something to start while they investigate the problem. It's been back and forth to bed 5 and 6 times a day. If I'm sleeping I am not aware of the pain for a hour or two. I hate pain killers but have been using them a little. What really hurts is forgetting and reaching for something....INSTANT reminder, I'm hurt.
Tommy, I've had a few injuries (ok, maybe more than a few), including some I've re-injured. On a few, particularly hand and arm injuries, I would wear a brace or sling. It didn't do much for physical healing, but just wearing it was a reminder that I had an injury so I wouldn't forget, reach for something, and hurt myself again. Even if you wear a sling just around the house, it may help. Hope you feel better soon.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Two days ago I took my 7-year-old son on his first ride on the T-Dub. We rode offroad a bit around the land behind my barn and on the residential streets in the neighborhood. He said "it was a little scary at first, then it was a lot of fun."

5201 - 5220 of 5255 Posts